Shero Fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Shero Fired

Well, that didn't take long........Blysma is apparently safe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Shero Fired

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, that didn't take long........Blysma is apparently safe.

[/QUOTE]

LOLOL

Call the Connecticut School of Broadcasting and as for a refund.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I need glasses apparently.....LOL

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's a good move for the Pens.. he's a good coach. If they have a quick exit next yr ... hell be gone for sure

[/QUOTE]

Oh my head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So Bylsma got a stay of execution? He's still being evaluated? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hope marco never gets banned.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It means hes gone after the first losing streak or they pry babcock outta detroit

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Where are all the people who said that Shero was the real deal and we got the second rate guy in PC?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would have guessed Bylsma would be the one to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would have guessed Bylsma would be the one to go.

[/QUOTE]

I think that makes more sense.  The Rangers beat them because Marty's mother died, I really believe it gave them the motivation.  The Pens were the better team, it was Dan's job to get them motivated to overcome that.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It means hes gone after the first losing streak or they pry babcock outta detroit

[/QUOTE]

I read something about that,Babcock hasn't signed a new deal in Detroit yet so anything is possible.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Usually when a GM is perceived to have put the pieces in place, but they underperform, the head coach is rightfully blamed. I guess Mario is still in love with Danny B for some reason, despite the fact the team has clearly performed well below their talent level at least two years in a row. Ditto the US team in Sochi.

I agree with Shupe on this one: Bylsma will have a very, very short leash next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where are all the people who said that Shero was the real deal and we got the second rate guy in PC?

[/QUOTE]

Shero and Chiarelli have both won a Cup in the past.  They both lost in the second round this year.

Outside of current employment status, are they that different?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shero and Chiarelli have both won a Cup in the past.  They both lost in the second round this year.

[/QUOTE]

I think Shero came on board with the cupboard more full,more 1st overall picks to work with. PC has to work on his drafting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think hes a good GM.  Team has been a contender the last 8-9 yrs.  Team still has huge chances of getting another cup.  He took risks...he treated players well(see jordan staal)....he made two cup finals and conf finals...i dont think he has anything to be ashamed of.   

He will be employed very quickly with that resume.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Shero came on board with the cupboard more full,more 1st overall picks to work with. PC has to work on his drafting.

[/QUOTE]

He has a cup. He did his job.  Pitt Chicago and The Avs made the draft work.  Edmonton hasnt. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think hes a good GM.  Team has been a contender the last 8-9 yrs.  Team still has huge chances of getting another cup.  He took risks...he treated players well(see jordan staal)....he made two cup finals and conf finals...i dont think he has anything to be ashamed of.   

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Washington.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Last year when he got Iginla, Morrow etc..I thought he did a great job of providing the tam with players to win. After that it's out of his hands. I wonder if there  was some difference of opinions at this past deadline or perhaps with the goaltending situation.

One thing is for sure, I don't expect Shero to be out of work long at all. Jim Benning may no longer be the front runner in Vancouver.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Last year when he got Iginla, Morrow etc..I thought he did a great job of providing the tam with players to win. After that it's out of his hands. I wonder if there  was some difference of opinions at this past deadline or perhaps with the goaltending situation.

One thing is for sure, I don't expect Shero to be out of work long at all. Jim Benning may no longer be the front runner in Vancouver.

Lots of organizations could use Shero.  It will take them a while to decide to unload who they currently have before they land Shero.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Also heard on wbz news radio that Bylsma is still being evaluated

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Washington.

[/QUOTE]

I think the hype is there and that he brings trotz in.  Caps have decent cap space(approx 15m) and core of their players locked up.  They have a major need for muscle on the blueline and a huge need for a franchise type # 2 center.  

Caps probably have the best RW in all of hockey(Ovi, Brouwer, Ward, Wilson). They have 2 young guns in Kuznetsov and Burakovsky.  Their core up front is pretty solid.  Their defense has alzner, carlson as horses.  Orlov is likely gonna be a 4-5 type.  Green only has one year left and should be shopped.  I really hope they go after a guy like Richards.  LA doesnt need him anymore.  If LA is looking to sign Gabby and replace Cooke, Mitchell they may deal Richards. Kopitar, Carter Stoll are their 3 centers.  

I really like Trotz as a coach.  I think he would help them.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think this just means the new GM will come in and decide Bylsma's fate in much the same way Burke came in in Calgary and gave Feasterfamine a thorough review before kicking him to the curb.

Are you not entertained?!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Interesting that Crosby, Malkin, Stahl, Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Duchene and Mackinnon were available to Edmonton. 

Hmm

But Shero's ultimate downfall was believing Martin, Orpik and MAF were #1s

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this just means the new GM will come in and decide Bylsma's fate in much the same way Burke came in in Calgary and gave Feasterfamine a thorough review before kicking him to the curb.

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been hearing on the radio all day. 

The reasoning ? The new GM might like Bylsma as a coach. Why fire him ? Let the new GM decide his fate. 

There's still a possibility he might not be behind the Pens bench next year.

Sections
Shortcuts