Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I could watch these highlights all night.

I know NHL Network just keeps re-running the interviews as well.

I love it!   Plus tsn chicky is a smokeshow.  

yea yea tak all tough because your wife is sleeping.

She thinks shes hot as well.  Its all good.  :-). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ok folks.  Awesome night.  Must sleep.  Thanks to the regular crew.  What a blast.  

here we go bruins here we go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

how about people who left the game

I don't really know what to make of those people, because the thought of leaving a game has never crossed my mind. I can't say from experience what exactly they were thinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

I don't really know what to make of those people, because the thought of leaving a game has never crossed my mind. I can't say from experience what exactly they were thinking.

Of course you can.  They were thinking, "no comeback tonight".

So, tell us more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How about the person that is sleeping right now not knowing the Bruins came back?

You know what, who cares, I hope they wet their bed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Of course you can.  They were thinking, "no comeback tonight".

So, tell us more.

Like I said, I've never experienced it. And if you read my previous post, you would have realized that I called you blindly optimistic and a non-true fan of the team for not having any emotional lapse at all after the B's were down 4-1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i would say people who leave the game at 4-1 are worse fans than any "ship jumpers" that post negative comments on this site.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Dez, I lost a family member last week and I just actually got back from the funeral services on the east coast.  I watched the game tonight, not because it was so important (it isn't), but because it is fun.  Makes me happy.  I love the Bruins.  Makes me even happier that I stuck with it.  Awesome.

Too bad for the bedwetters -- you missed a great experience.

Sympathies to you and your family, Fletch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to
    Like I said, I've never experienced it. And if you read my previous post, you would have realized that I called you blindly optimistic and a non-true fan of the team for not having any emotional lapse at all after the B's were down 4-1.

Nope.  No redemption. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

You know, it's really amazing how the people on this board can make you full of anger after being at a real high point after an amazing B's win. It's like you are all undermining how amazing this win really was by not admitting that you had doubts about the Bruins prospects. There is no one- and I mean NO ONE- that did not for one moment have these doubts. Unless you are NAS, who is apparently perfect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

i would say people who leave the game at 4-1 are worse fans than any "ship jumpers" that post negative comments on this site.

I agree with you Jerry and would like to add that I think you're a terriffic poster regardless  of what anybody thinks. Any thoughts on Rask's overall play in the series? I know you were eager to see if he was ready for playoff hockey and I think he held up pretty well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You know, it's really amazing how the people on this board can make you full of anger after being at a real high point after an amazing B's win. It's like you are all undermining how amazing this win really was by not admitting that you had doubts about the Bruins prospects. There is no one- and I mean NO ONE- that did not for one moment have these doubts. Unless you are NAS, who is apparently perfect.

You know, it's really amazing how people can call themselves "fans" when they openly give up on the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

You know, it's really amazing how people can call themselves "fans" when they openly give up on the team.

Apparently you don't even believe that this win was amazing, because you never had any doubts, correct?

Without any doubts, this win must be nothing special, because the game could NEVER possibly have been lost. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Ok folks.  Awesome night.  Must sleep.  Thanks to the regular crew.  What a blast.  

here we go bruins here we go!

wouldn't be the same without you.  You're still the squash champion !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Apparently you don't even believe that this win was amazing, because you never had any doubts, correct?

Without any doubts, this win must be nothing special, because the game could NEVER possibly have been lost. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

From the drop of the puck, I watch and hope.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

From the drop of the puck, I watch and hope.

So you never had any doubt I take it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like to stay positive.  When you were thinking "It's over", I was thinking, "I hope they make it back."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I like to stay positive.  When you were thinking "It's over", I was thinking, "I hope they make it back."

I was hoping they made a comeback too, but I looked at the probability of them actually making a comeback and decided that it was too unlikely. I think objectively like that. I don't like to let emotion run my trail of thought.

I guess you haven't met someone like that before, have you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was hoping they made a comeback too, but I looked at the probability of them actually making a comeback and decided that it was too unlikely. I think objectively like that. I don't like to let emotion run my trail of thought.

I guess you haven't met someone like that before, have you?

I know plenty of people like that.

I do my best to avoid them.  In real life, it's easy.  Here?  Not easy.  The place has been overrun for months with people posting all sorts of garbage.  And tonight, instead of defending the Bruins, I'm just lambasting each and every one of you who turned your backs on this team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I agree with you Jerry and would like to add that I think you're a terriffic poster regardless  of what anybody thinks. Any thoughts on Rask's overall play in the series? I know you were eager to see if he was ready for playoff hockey and I think he held up pretty well.

hey Dez,

i think Rask had a great series. even when the B's were down 4-1 in this game,i couldn't really fault him for any of the goals. to be honest,when it was 4-1, i was thinking how Rask was going to be involved in another playoff series collapse. i can't lie about that. fortunately that was not to be and his fine goaltending helped the B's advance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

With all due respect TO ALL posters here, my wife and I watched the game, saw the Leafs go up 4-1 and thought about changing channel. THOUGHT about it.

Figured I would live and die by this team. Horton scores ... Have a chance ???

Rask gets pulled, wife asks why? To get the extra attacker ... So the Leafs can score an easy goal? No, so Lucic can score 6 on 5!

Tell her the B's need to win face-off and get puck deep to pull Rask again. Why? Not much time left!

You have to leave EVERYTHING on the table! BOOM!!! Bergie Scores!!!

Bruins have a chance in OT

Lupul (great player) has good opportunity? Rask steps up

Yelling at TV, "get guys to the net"

Holy Sh!t Bergie scores!!! Holy Sh!t Bergie scores

Now if that's how people saw this game ending? I call BS

Yes the Bruins weren't out of it, but desperate measures paid off and am I Glad they pulled through!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

With all due respect TO ALL posters here, my wife and I watched the game, saw the Leafs go up 4-1 and thought about changing channel. THOUGHT about it.

Rask gets pulled, wife asks why? To get the extra attacker ... So the Leafs can score an easy goal? No, so Lucic can score 6 on 5!

Tell her the B's need to win face-off and get puck deep to pull Rask again. Why? Not much time left!

Yes the Bruins weren't out of it, but desperate measures paid off and am I Glad they pulled through!!

Tonight was not a re-run,  all I was saying is they must and will finish strong and I would have been proud of them anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

hey Dez,

i think Rask had a great series. even when the B's were down 4-1 in this game,i couldn't really fault him for any of the goals. to be honest,when it was 4-1, i was thinking how Rask was going to be involved in another playoff series collapse. i can't lie about that. fortunately that was not to be and his fine goaltending helped the B's advance.

I was worried that Rask was going to get another "L" put on his resume whether it was deserved or not. For giving up 4 goals, he still plaed a ell of a game. He made some tremendous saves. I'm still pumped about this one and now I get to see them play NYR. Amazing I've never seen them play either team in the playoffs until this year. I was born in 69 so the last time they played the NYR in the playoffs I was much too young to realize. Should be pretty awesome. Cheers to you. Hope you get to see a series win against your local team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I am speechless. But not as much as I am insanely happy. Cardiac averted and everything in the world is right again.

BTW, I was hiding in the lifeboats when the roll was called. Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

it really is interesting how if the 'desperate measures' would have only produced 1 goal instead of 2,the overly confident bunch would not be as vocal. that fine line of winning and losing really can be a matter of inches or a puck jumping over a stick. this time it worked and thank goodness it worked !

Sections
Shortcuts