Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

Tonight was not a re-run,  all I was saying is they must and will finish strong and I would have been proud of them anyway.

Not saying anything against anyone here. All I wanted was a strong game. Going down 4-1, not that impressive, but Man they stepped up! I was proud of the Bruins for going up 3 games to 1. Sure they "let" the Leafs back in the series. Lets give TO the credit they deserve. They played Great. Fortunately Boston had a no quit mentality and overcame a 4-1 defecite to win a game 7 in OT

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I know plenty of people like that.

I do my best to avoid them.  In real life, it's easy.  Here?  Not easy.  The place has been overrun for months with people posting all sorts of garbage.  And tonight, instead of defending the Bruins, I'm just lambasting each and every one of you who turned your backs on this team.

Sorry NAS, but this time I won't stop. I'm stubborn like that.

If I had really turned my back on the B's, I would have turned off the game and stopped watching completely, but I didn't. You know why? It was because I wanted to see if the team I was rooting for was really the bunch of losers I was watching at that time, or if they had the commitment to actually make a game out of it. And guess what, they did more than that. They won.

And because I am so objective, I will say that the B's and the fans need to make changes. They are both much too complacent regarding this team. Instead of constantly wanting it to get better, they are content with retaining the status quo. It takes something devastating for any of you to get off of your a**es an actually say something or take any actions.

If the B's lost tonight, what would you all be saying? You would be saying that they need to get better. I think like that all the time, not just when they lose. Until they are the absolute best team in the league, I won't accept anything less. Even after they won the Stanley Cup, I wanted them to trade Thomas. You know why? Because I knew they had a capable goalie in Rask, Thomas' trade value was at its highest, how much longer he would be able to put up those numbers was questionable, and I knew they could get better. As it turns out, my decision was correct well before I ever intended for it to be.

That is the type of mentality I want out of others. But I know that won't happen because most people don't think that way. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

i would say people who leave the game at 4-1 are worse fans than any "ship jumpers" that post negative comments on this site.

I agree with you Jerry and would like to add that I think you're a terriffic poster regardless  of what anybody thinks. Any thoughts on Rask's overall play in the series? I know you were eager to see if he was ready for playoff hockey and I think he held up pretty well.

hey Dez,

i think Rask had a great series. even when the B's were down 4-1 in this game,i couldn't really fault him for any of the goals. to be honest,when it was 4-1, i was thinking how Rask was going to be involved in another playoff series collapse. i can't lie about that. fortunately that was not to be and his fine goaltending helped the B's advance.

I was worried that Rask was going to get another "L" put on his resume whether it was deserved or not. For giving up 4 goals, he still plaed a ell of a game. He made some tremendous saves. I'm still pumped about this one and now I get to see them play NYR. Amazing I've never seen them play either team in the playoffs until this year. I was born in 69 so the last time they played the NYR in the playoffs I was much too young to realize. Should be pretty awesome. Cheers to you. Hope you get to see a series win against your local team.

Dez,

you know i 'll be at MSG for games 3 and 4. i'm already looking on stubhub. and since i only went to 1 game this season(my little boycott of the lockout season),i have some cash saved for a litlle playoff action !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

it really is interesting how if the 'desperate measures' would have only produced 1 goal instead of 2,the overly confident bunch would not be as vocal. that fine line of winning and losing really can be a matter of inches or a puck jumping over a stick. this time it worked and thank goodness it worked !

I tought I saw Chara pinch and miss an open net with the puck bouncing over his stick late in the 3rd.

Cried out that it didn't go it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

hey Dez,

i think Rask had a great series. even when the B's were down 4-1 in this game,i couldn't really fault him for any of the goals. to be honest,when it was 4-1, i was thinking how Rask was going to be involved in another playoff series collapse. i can't lie about that. fortunately that was not to be and his fine goaltending helped the B's advance.

I was worried that Rask was going to get another "L" put on his resume whether it was deserved or not. For giving up 4 goals, he still plaed a ell of a game. He made some tremendous saves. I'm still pumped about this one and now I get to see them play NYR. Amazing I've never seen them play either team in the playoffs until this year. I was born in 69 so the last time they played the NYR in the playoffs I was much too young to realize. Should be pretty awesome. Cheers to you. Hope you get to see a series win against your local team.

Dez,

you know i 'll be at MSG for games 3 and 4. i'm already looking on stubhub. and since i only went to 1 game this season(my little boycott of the lockout season),i have some cash saved for a litlle playoff action !

Congrats Jerry. I'm sure the atmosphere at MSG will be something else. I'm just excited to watch the series with my buddy who's a huge NYR fan. As a result, I tend to follow them pretty closely myself. I know this will be another epic series. Have a great time and stay safe! Go Bruins! 12 more wins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Sorry NAS, but this time I won't stop. I'm stubborn like that.

If I had really turned my back on the B's, I would have turned off the game and stopped watching completely, but I didn't. You know why? It was because I wanted to see if the team I was rooting for was really the bunch of losers I was watching at that time, or if they had the commitment to actually make a game out of it. And guess what, they did more than that. They won.

And because I am so objective, I will say that the B's and the fans need to make changes. They are both much too complacent regarding this team. Instead of constantly wanting it to get better, they are content with retaining the status quo. It takes something devastating for any of you to get off of your a**es an actually say something or take any actions.

If the B's lost tonight, what would you all be saying? You would be saying that they need to get better. I think like that all the time, not just when they lose. Until they are the absolute best team in the league, I won't accept anything less. Even after they won the Stanley Cup, I wanted them to trade Thomas. You know why? Because I knew they had a capable goalie in Rask, Thomas' trade value was at its highest, how much longer he would be able to put up those numbers was questionable, and I knew they could get better. As it turns out, my decision was correct well before I ever intended for it to be.

That is the type of mentality I want out of others. But I know that won't happen because most people don't think that way. 

You were watching a bunch of losers.  I was watching the Bruins.

You think the fans need to change?  I agree, but on a different level.  I think (and I've stated this a hundred times recently) people need to stop being so darn critical and start enjoying the game again. 

As for your theory of trading Thomas...whatever.  I was too busy being happy that they won the Cup to be thinking of ways to improve the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Change? Better ask Claude about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

hey Dez,

Dez,

Congrats Jerry. I'm sure the atmosphere at MSG will be something else. I'm just excited to watch the series with my buddy who's a huge NYR fan. As a result, I tend to follow them pretty closely myself. I know this will be another epic series. Have a great time and stay safe! Go Bruins! 12 more wins!

while i will have my Bruins garb on, i usually wear my New York City Transit hat(i'm a Train Operator)just  to show that a native New Yorker knows what original 6 team a person should support.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You were watching a bunch of losers.  I was watching the Bruins.

You think the fans need to change?  I agree, but on a different level.  I think (and I've stated this a hundred times recently) people need to stop being so darn critical and start enjoying the game again. 

As for your theory of trading Thomas...whatever.  I was too busy being happy that they won the Cup to be thinking of ways to improve the team.

I am critical of the team because I want them to do well. I still enjoy the game, but I also find ways to improve it. That is one of the ways in which I find enjoyment in watching them. Another would be the intensity of hockey compared to other sports. Another would be the fact my family also watches the B's. There are more, but I won't go on. There are too many.

And I also consider you to be one of those complacent fans I was talking about. Because you aren't (or can't be) critical of the team, you take an all too optimistic stance with the team. Just like you dislike my objective viewpoint, I dislike your optimistic viewpoint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I don't agree that they played horribly for that long. They started well and had a lull in the middle frame. Then they got down 3-1 to some bad bounces so they had to take way more risks to try to climb back in it. That led to another odd man rush and a 4-1 Leaf lead. I felt the Leafs lead was mostly a result of puck luck.  Wins are wins. Doing it with 5 D that included 2 rookies just makes it more special.

I don't believe in bad bounces. I believe that the winning team takes advantage of more of their opportunities than the losing team. For them to be down 4-1, they had to be playing a mediocre game compared to Toronto. At least that is how I look at it. Thus I described their play as horrible. Also, the word 'horrible' emphasizes how bad the situation was, which was my intention.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I was working during the game with 5 leaf fans (count em, 5). The 2 hours of krap I had to take, was worth it, to watch them experience as big a meltdown, as their team.

Thank you Bruins, for a night I may never forget. 

I just hope that they can remember how they played that final 10 minutes, because goals are really gong to be at a premium, in the next series (for both sides).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

I'm sure pumped they won, I was at work watching it with all the Leaf fans and boy they let me have it when it was 4 1.  Man when they did come back I watched the horror on their face.

Ok I was one of those who had them out as I watched to many heart aches with this team for the last 40yrs so I told my gf that here we go again when we were forced to game 7. I never abanded this team during the last 40yrs and I never will for the next 40yr.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

wow you guys are pathetic! i come on here to read peoples opinions,get some interesting information & interject alittle. You guys have a little inter club of "true bruins fans" & shaming the people that in your words "shipjumpers"? Really? Who the hell are you guys? The arrogance that some of you guys have is amazing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Add JWensick to the list.

Skrew you with your "list" - I've been bleeding black and gold probably longer than you have been on the planet. I couldn't be any happier that this team showed true heart and guts, depended on some youth for a change, and pull out all the stops in the offensive zone...even if it meant that their coach only did it because he had no choice.

This whole "good fan" thing list couldn't be any more gay if you tried.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

This thread is patently idiotic. I can agree with the sentiment about a fair-weather element being present here. I've stuck with the team through ups-and-downs this season, defending early-bashing of this and that. I watched the game last night and went from anger to elation. But to suggest that anyone "isn't a 'true'" fan because they couldn't bear to see the Bruins end their season the way they were so close to doing.. and changed the channel.

A) They missed a hell of a comeback.

B) Should ignore this thread.

NAS, you've jumped the shark here in a big way. Your whole "I will remain positive" is horse crap as you've picked apart the coach of "YOUR team" since 2010.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I wish i could tape my entrance into work tomorrow.   I want theme music for that mofo.  

I love it! That comment made me laugh hard, enjoy! It would have been hell for some of you posters who live in the GTA to have had to listen to the Leafs fans over the next several months.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

wow you guys are pathetic! i come on here to read peoples opinions,get some interesting information & interject alittle. You guys have a little inter club of "true bruins fans" & shaming the people that in your words "shipjumpers"? Really? Who the hell are you guys? The arrogance that some of you guys have is amazing.

Actual fans, not little crying girls.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Here they all come. The ship jumpers are all trying to climb back on.

Fairweather fans, pink hats, is all that you are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Seems some here are always looking for an opportunity to winnow the crowd, to cull the herd. This victory was something I've never seen the Bruins do. Ever. (though I can remember many nights willing it in vain).

At 4-1, EVERYBODY here - those who turned off their TV's in disgust. those who paced in front of their TV set in a daze wondering what tomorrow was gonna feel like - EVERYONE was muttering to themselves, something along the lines of, 'Why do I do this to myself?"

The comeback. This comeback, is unprecedented, it stretches the depths of disappointment for the loser and tests the heights of graciousness for the winner. No 'winner' should say the things I'm reading here to ANYONE - not Leafs fans and certainly not other Bruins fans.

Watch Lucic's comments on the ice to the CBC reporter, just post-game for instruction on how to be a gracious winner. (and I'll tell you that broadcast team of Hughson, Simpson, Healy hardly deserved it - those guys musta been really bummed after how hard they worked for the Leafs in this Series!)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Please exit the forum, as you are not real Bruin Fans.

SonFanInIl

Ipotnyc

mattbs

StanleyCuptotheBruins2011

BassFishingII

pumpsie-green

thefly8

ThatHockeyGuy

dbeach48

BostonIrishGuy

rhcp77

Theres more. Well you guiys who said you were done watching, you'll miss a terrific second round.

You are truly a pathetic fool.  Worse yet, mentaly challenged.  

If you "believed" that this team or ANY team would come back and score 3 goals and win in OT with 10 minutes left in the game, you are NOT some superfan, you have serious retardation.

DId you sit there "stiff" with a grin plastered across your face like some weirdo in the "zone" in the 3rd?  

If I were the Bs org I'd get a restraining order against you and your creepy stalker posse.  You are not even a "fanboy;" you cross a line that involves feelings towards the players that is unhealthy. 

Please, please - for the sake of the Bruins organization - get help.

All I am is a loyal fan.

I didn't bail on them. You did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

NAS, you've jumped the shark here in a big way. Your whole "I will remain positive" is horse crap as you've picked apart the coach of "YOUR team" since 2010.

There is a difference between calling for the firing of the coach and disliking the goon...and calling the team gutless puukes/choke artists/losers and constantly predicting the end of the season.