Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

In response to red75's comment:

To everyone who thinks being a Bruins fan is hard, let me explain my overall fandom, and why I think if you're a true fan of a team loyalty is a given, no mater what.

I'm a Vancouver Grizzlies fan - they folded.

I'm an Expos fan - they folded

I'm a Winnipeg Jets fan - they folded for 16 years

When the Expos left, I switched my allegiance to the Chicago Cubs - ' nuff said

When the Grizzlies left, I switched my allegiance to the Raptors - ' nuff said

I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan - no Superbowl ever (goddam you Anderson)

I'm a Hamilton Ti-Cats fan (one step up from the Cubs)

I'm a Tottenham Hotspur fan (one step BELOW the Cubs)

And I'm a Bruins fan - the only team in a major sport that I cheer for to win a Championship in my lifetime, and that happened just two years ago (and I'm not counting the Grey or Avco Cups)

ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY'RE HARD DONE  BY BY THIS TEAM, HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.(oops, caps lock, but I don't feel like retyping that sentence)

Yeh, me too. And, I started with Joe Kapp and the purple people eaters. You want to talk about pain...try being a Viking Fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Have you ever hard of sticking it out through thick or thin? Never say die. It aint over til the fat lady sings. Etc. If you bail on your team when the going gets a bit tough you aren't much of a teammate or if you're just a fan you aren't much of a fan either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to mattbs' comment:

Congratualtions to you.. you are the best.  If it wasn't for a miaraculous melt down by the leafs and amazing push by the B's I would have been right.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Which quote?  the "game over" or the "panties".  99.9% of the world thought the game was over and if you say you didn't think that than you are a liar. 

In typical Gloom and Doom fashion, you posted "game over" at 8:09pm.

I can honestly say that I didn't think the game was over at that time.

What "miraculous Leafs meltdown"? The Leafs weren't taking bad penalties and turning pucks over. Bob McKenzie commented on how unfair it was to say the Bruins win was a result of the Leafs playing poorly when in reality, the win was a result of the Bruins taking their game to another level. Trying to attribute it to a meltdown by the Leafs is even weaker than bailing on your team with time left on the clock.

He also specifically mentioned Lucic as the catalyst, dez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Congratualtions to you.. you are the best.  If it wasn't for a miaraculous melt down by the leafs and amazing push by the B's I would have been right.

Which quote?  the "game over" or the "panties".  99.9% of the world thought the game was over and if you say you didn't think that than you are a liar. 

What "miraculous Leafs meltdown"? The Leafs weren't taking bad penalties and turning pucks over. Bob McKenzie commented on how unfair it was to say the Bruins win was a result of the Leafs playing poorly when in reality, the win was a result of the Bruins taking their game to another level. Trying to attribute it to a meltdown by the Leafs is even weaker than bailing on your team with time left on the clock.

He also specifically mentioned Lucic as the catalyst, dez.

RHO, I just think this team deserves more credit for upping their game during desperate times. Some people are acting like the Leafs turned into the Keystone Cops and that simply wasn't the case. I admit it's fair to be critical if the team is playing poorly but if you want to do that then you should at least give credit when it's due. Go Bruins! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good post, dez

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

RHO, I just think this team deserves more credit for upping their game during desperate times. Some people are acting like the Leafs turned into the Keystone Cops and that simply wasn't the case. I admit it's fair to be critical if the team is playing poorly but if you want to do that then you should at least give credit when it's due. Go Bruins! 

I thought it was a combination of both.

The Leafs looked as though they took their foot off the pedal. They thought they already had a win in hand.

The Bruins stepped up their game in an attempt to salvage what they could. They took advantage of the Leafs loss of momentum and turned it into their own. They pushed the Leafs until they were finally subdued and scored two quick goals at the end of the game.

In OT, the Leafs just weren't the same team after being so stunningly humiliated. The B's kept up their surge and potted the winning goal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

The Leafs looked as though they took their foot off the pedal. They thought they already had a win in hand.

You should explain why you think this.  I never saw it.  When did they let up?  Was it just the last two minutes?

It looked to me like they played the same and the Bruins just seized the game from them.  They were a beatable team and when the Bruins combined full effort, perfect execution, and an extra skater -- it was enough to score twice in a minute.  The overtime period looked pretty even to me with several chances for the Leafs to win it.

You can say the Leafs were exposed for not being that good, but I don't think they let up.  I think the Bruins exposed them all on their own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

You should explain why you think this.  I never saw it.  When did they let up?  Was it just the last two minutes?

It looked to me like they played the same and the Bruins just seized the game from them.  They were a beatable team and when the Bruins combined full effort, perfect execution, and an extra skater -- it was enough to score twice in a minute.  The overtime period looked pretty even to me with several chances for the Leafs to win it.

You can say the Leafs were exposed for not being that good, but I don't think they let up.  I think the Bruins exposed them all on their own.

After the B's second goal, the Leafs looked as though they were being worn down. Perhaps that is a result of the B's play, but I also believe that their mentality had changed before that point. Their goal was no longer to attack the B's, but preserve their lead and prevent any more goals.

Until the B's scored their third goal, the Leafs had been great at clearing out rebounds in front of the net. The previous two games included.

But in the last two minutes, the Leafs could not clear out the front of the net at all. They allowed the B's forwards to stand in front of their goalie without any contention. As a result, the B's scored a goal on a rebound and another on a screen.

In OT, the Leafs made a bit of a push, but it wasn't enough to overcome a desperate Bruins team. They had already been defeated at that point, and everyone knew it.

The B's obviously played harder. I am not contesting that. I am just saying that the Leafs didn't exactly make it hard for them to make a comeback. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Wow there really after you man,yeah i think it was a bit of both,just hope Bruins don't think they can get away with playing ten min a game again,there that should take some pressure of you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

After the B's second goal, the Leafs looked as though they were being worn down. Perhaps that is a result of the B's play, but I also believe that their mentality had changed before that point. Their goal was no longer to attack the B's, but preserve their lead and prevent any more goals.

Until the B's scored their third goal, the Leafs had been great at clearing out rebounds in front of the net. The previous two games included.

But in the last two minutes, the Leafs could not clear out the front of the net at all. They allowed the B's forwards to stand in front of their goalie without any contention. As a result, the B's scored a goal on a rebound and another on a screen.

In OT, the Leafs made a bit of a push, but it wasn't enough to overcome a desperate Bruins team. They had already been defeated at that point, and everyone knew it.

The B's obviously played harder. I am not contesting that. I am just saying that the Leafs didn't exactly make it hard for them to make a comeback. 

WHAT FAWKING GAME WERE YOU WATCHING! The Leafs got the first 2 scoring chances in OT, but Rask said "Not in this Carnival!" ! The Leafs got a breakaway after the B's got their 2nd goal. Where did the Leafs change their game? It wasn't that the Leafs were clearing the front of the net all series! It was because Boston stopped going there, or they didn't get a chance to get there, because the Leafs broke the play! The B's changed their game & the Boston fans even did the Leafs a favor by littering the ice to help them catch their wind &  composer to hlep them get back to doing what they were doing all game! The BRUIN'S changed their game..Not the Leafs!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I can't believe what has happened to some of you. I wasn't even on Monday night cause I was out of town on business. I have to re-consider posting here anymore, it's just a waste of my time.

That would be a great idea.  But please, don't simply re-consider.  Give it the green light.

Typical di(k response from NAS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

All good as long as I am having fun.  It's a good release from the stress of working full time, plus running a 2 million dollar business, plus managing three properties in 3 different countries, plus volunteering in my community 10 hours a week, plus playing in organized leagues...

Oh by the way did I mention that last month I had lunch with a hall of fame hockey player and he told me some funny stories about Nick Kypreos :)

>In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

WHAT FAWKING GAME WERE YOU WATCHING! The Leafs got the first 2 scoring chances in OT, but Rask said "Not in this Carnival!" ! The Leafs got a breakaway after the B's got their 2nd goal. Where did the Leafs change their game? It wasn't that the Leafs were clearing the front of the net all series! It was because Boston stopped going there, or they didn't get a chance to get there, because the Leafs broke the play! The B's changed their game & the Boston fans even did them a favor by littering the ice to help them catch their wind & get back to doing what they were doing all game! The BRUIN'S changed their game..Not the Leafs!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

“We kept pushing and we found a way with the extra man,” Bergeron said. “Honestly, when I shot it and got it by their first guy, I knew it was a pretty good shot. I couldn’t see it going in, but I knew it was close. Fortunately enough it went in.

We know two minutes is not much for two goals, but we really felt we had enough time to do it. We opened up a lot of plays by staying poised and knowing where the guys were going to be. It was a great play by all of us. Everyone was in their spot where they needed to be.”

Needless to say, the Garden crowd was utterly insane with excitement, having witnessed one of the most unbelievable sports events in Boston history. The Bruins players were sky-high, too, and determined to get the next goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If you watch the overtime again, I think you'll see that the Leafs had a few very good chances and were certainly not 'already defeated'.  No evidence to support that.  I watched the OT twice.

And it's hard to cover everyone down low when it's a 6 on 5 and the Bruins have 4 guys rotating around the net.  If anything, the Leafs should have covered the points better.  Your description isn't really matching up with the tape, IMO, and I still see no evidence at all that they took their foot off the gas.  Sure they were tired and the Bruins were probably tired too.  Give the B's credit for seizing the game.  Tuukka bailed them out a few times too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Did you guys hear how successful an anonymous guy on the internet who calls himself 'mattbs' is??  Wow.  I'm impressed.

I actually run a 4 million dollar business and own 6 international properties.  Just saying.  Just had dinner Link Gaetz too.  He says "what's up"

Don't let me acting like a loser here fool you.  I'm wicked important.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

:)))

Did you guys hear how successful an anonymous guy on the internet who calls himself 'mattbs' is??  Wow.  I'm impressed.

I actually run a 4 million dollar business and own 6 international properties.  Just saying.  Just had dinner Link Gaetz too.  He says "what's up"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

What do these symbols mean?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What do these symbols mean?

He better not be placing a hex on me...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

You are to easy.. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You are to easy.. 

too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

If you watch the overtime again, I think you'll see that the Leafs had a few very good chances and were certainly not 'already defeated'.  No evidence to support that.  I watched the OT twice.

And it's hard to cover everyone down low when it's a 6 on 5 and the Bruins have 4 guys rotating around the net.  If anything, the Leafs should have covered the points better.  Your description isn't really matching up with the tape, IMO, and I still see no evidence at all that they took their foot off the gas.  Sure they were tired and the Bruins were probably tired too.  Give the B's credit for seizing the game.  Tuukka bailed them out a few times too.

The Leafs chances in OT weren't great though. Rask had been making those saves all game. There is no reason to believe that he wouldn't make the save then.

Also, the Leafs still couldn't get it together defensively in OT. They once again could not clear the front of the net, leading to the Bergeron goal.

And there is a difference between not being able to cover someone and not even bothering to cover someone. The Leafs let the B's walk right into the most important part of the ice without so much as a blink of the eye. Chara and Lucic were for the most part untouched on those goals at the end of the third.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

That two. profesor.

You are to easy.. 

too?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Agreed, dez.  We know the Leafs didn't roll over and hand the win to the Bruins.  That perspective reduces their magnificent accomplishment.  Boston led by Bull Moose Lucic grabbed it from them.  I heard a caller yesterday morning say Lucic played as if he were "shot from a cannon."  A good comparison for which the Leafs could do nothing.

I read something along those lines earlier today from Damien Cox.  To paraphrase he saw the turn of events as a mixture of what the Bruins did and what the Leafs either didn't do or couldn't do because of the B's. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Link Gaetz.  WTF. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Time to scrap this post yet?

Sections
Shortcuts