Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

In response to mattbs' comment:

So I guess the 20,000 fans who were booing the B's at the TD centre aren't real fans right? The ones that spend thousands on season tickets or travelled across the country to watch a game should no longer be fans?  I've been with the B's since watching Orr and Espo and through the lowest years after the Thornton trade.

The word fan originates from FAN-atic not FAN-boy.  I am fanatical about the B's and tell it like it is and I criticize because I want the problem areas to get fixed.

Now stop talking about me and get back to your paper route.

The fans that were there were cheering their lungs out.

At 8:09, they weren't saying that the game was over:

Re: BRUINS - LEAFS GAME 7 GDT

posted at 5/13/2013 8:09 PM EDT

• mattbs
    • First: 2/19/2007
    • Last: 5/14/2013

Game over...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch just realized , sorry for your loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I can't lie. I didn't change the channel, or turn the TV off. I went to my shrine, I grabbed one of my Ray Bourque pictures and turned it backwards. I said you don't deserve to be watching this. I picked up my signed 1970 Bobby Orr picture and said "Bobby...do something will ya! " I swear on my childrens lives.. No more than 30 secs later Horton scored! (Orr is Nathans agent.  I looked back at the picture and said "No Fawking WAY!" and sat back down and just watched one of the greatest things I ever seen in my life! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So I guess the 20,000 fans who were booing the B's at the TD centre aren't real fans right? The ones that spend thousands on season tickets or travelled across the country to watch a game should no longer be fans?  I've been with the B's since watching Orr and Espo and through the lowest years after the Thornton trade.

The word fan originates from FAN-atic not FAN-boy.  I am fanatical about the B's and tell it like it is and I criticize because I want the problem areas to get fixed.

Now stop talking about me and get back to your paper route.

Those fans were chanting and cheering on the team.  They didn't give up before the game was half over:

Re: BRUINS - LEAFS GAME 7 GDT

posted at 5/13/2013 8:12 PM EDT

• mattbs
    • First: 2/19/2007
    • Last: 5/14/2013

B's look like a bunch of nervous kittens.  panties are turning brown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I can't lie. I didn't change the channel, or turn the TV off. I went to my shrine, I grabbed one of my Ray Bourque pictures and turned it backwards. I said you don't deserve to be watching this. I picked up my signed 1970 Bobby Orr picture and said "Bobby...do something will ya! " I swear on my childrens lives.. No more than 30 secs later Horton scored! (Orr is Nathans agent.  I looked back at the picture and said "No Fawking WAY!" and sat back down and just watched one of the greatest things I ever seen in my life! 

Good stuff, Nite.  That's awesome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

someone please help me!!!!! i can't wipe this huge smile off my face!!!! i swear i look like the joker today, i must look like a crazy person and  there is a kind of strut to my walk. i know it's all silly, but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I've have been a Bruins fan and a Bruins apologist on this board the past 4-5 seasons and have been a lifelong Bruins fan. I am a season ticket holder and have been to about 70-80 games over the past 3-4 years as I have my own 2 seats.

I left last night after the score read 4-1. Not because I don't have faith in the Bruins and not because I didn't think they'd come back. I left because I was tired. My voice was tired from yelling and screaming for the team and against the refs for their horrendous calls (my voice is still gone). I was tired of seeing the obnoxious pink hats around me smiling, laughing and trying to get on camera while the Bruins are getting killed. My heart was tired as I put my heart and soul into every game and I stay out long nights spending my hard earned cash on these games. I was tired because the last 2 weeks of my life have been hell and a sporting event where my beloved team was losing wasn't where I wanted to be. So last night, I had enough, I couldn't give anymore and I just wanted to go home.  I was giving it my all and the team was playing half-assed. 

Then they woke up.

Don't try to tell me that I'm less of a fan for leaving the game. I left because I was tired of it. Just like when I left the game at Fenway years ago when Dave Roberts pinch ran and stole the base to give the Red Sox new life, I was tired of seeing a team underperform when I've defended them to the hilt for all of my life.

It doesn't make me less of a fan and I really don't care what you keyboard warriors say. It's easy to say all this carp when you don't even go to a game a year and can simply change the channel at the end of a game or tune into reruns of "The View" on your DVR once a game ends. It was a game 7 against a first round opponent that was a weaker team and the Bruins had no business being in a game 7 after being up 3-1.

I left and I don't regret it for one second. Greatest comeback in Boston history? Sure. I've left #1 and #2. Call me an idiot, call me stupid.

But don't you dare say I'm not a fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

There was a point last night when the channel on my TV changed.  I then pulled the remote out from under the black lab and changed it back.

He's at the pound now right?

No, I cant stay mad at that face.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I've have been a Bruins fan and a Bruins apologist on this board the past 4-5 seasons and have been a lifelong Bruins fan. I am a season ticket holder and have been to about 70-80 games over the past 3-4 years as I have my own 2 seats.

I left last night after the score read 4-1. Not because I don't have faith in the Bruins and not because I didn't think they'd come back. I left because I was tired. My voice was tired from yelling and screaming for the team and against the refs for their horrendous calls (my voice is still gone). I was tired of seeing the obnoxious pink hats around me smiling, laughing and trying to get on camera while the Bruins are getting killed. My heart was tired as I put my heart and soul into every game and I stay out long nights spending my hard earned cash on these games. I was tired because the last 2 weeks of my life have been hell and a sporting event where my beloved team was losing wasn't where I wanted to be. So last night, I had enough, I couldn't give anymore and I just wanted to go home.  I was giving it my all and the team was playing half-assed. 

Then they woke up.

Don't try to tell me that I'm less of a fan for leaving the game. I left because I was tired of it. Just like when I left the game at Fenway years ago when Dave Roberts pinch ran and stole the base to give the Red Sox new life, I was tired of seeing a team underperform when I've defended them to the hilt for all of my life.

It doesn't make me less of a fan and I really don't care what you keyboard warriors say. It's easy to say all this carp when you don't even go to a game a year and can simply change the channel at the end of a game or tune into reruns of "The View" on your DVR once a game ends. It was a game 7 against a first round opponent that was a weaker team and the Bruins had no business being in a game 7 after being up 3-1.

I left and I don't regret it for one second. Greatest comeback in Boston history? Sure. I've left #1 and #2. Call me an idiot, call me stupid.

Wow man, I'm sincerely sorry you missed those things. I can certainly empathize with you. I know you bleed black and gold so all's well that ends well I guess. The good news is that now you can see them play NYR. Go Bruins! 12 more wins!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

I've never thought you weren't a fan, nr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In my books a coach IS part of the team as is the managers, trainers, and stick boys.  They all have a hand in winning or losing.  Shows how much you know.  Criticizing a coach is no different than criticizing the players.  How hypocritical can you be?

You've been sniffing through my account and message archives because it's open and I have nothing to hide.  Why do you have your account set to private?  Let's see your message arhives boy.

>In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to seobrien's comment:

I don't care who jumped ship or who thought/knew they had a miracle in them.

Where is the satisfaction in name calling and telling folks to hit the bricks? No one is above the negativity at any given point (except maybe the gentleman of the board, RHO). Because NAS started the "Fire All Coaches" thread in early April does that put him in the ship jumpers club?

It's not just a game, it's a great game. Just watch and enjoy. Stick with your team to the end..whatever end that may be.

We need to collectively get over ourselves.

Calling for a new coach is bailing on the team?

I didn't turn my back on the players.  In fact, calling for a coaching change is a vote of confidence for the players.

As opposed to calling them gutless puukes and choke artists, of course.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In my books a coach IS part of the team as is the managers, trainers, and stick boys.  They all have a hand in winning or losing.  Shows how much you know.  Criticizing a coach is no different than criticizing the players.  How hypocritical can you be?

You've been sniffing through my account and message archives because it's open and I have nothing to hide.  Why do you have your account set to private?  Let's see your message arhives boy.

How hard to you think it is to find the garbage you post?  It's in every thread. 

CTRL-F "mattbs".

Not hard.

I'm not a fan of Julien or Thornton.  That's no secret.  I've made it known repeatedly.  I do not, however, say things like, "B's look like a bunch of nervous kittens.  panties are turning brown" or proclaim the game to be over at 8:09pm.

No redemption for you, mattbs.

None.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

No no.. I'm not going to CTR-F every page on this site.  Open up your archives...

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

How hard to you think it is to find the garbage you post?  It's in every thread. 

CTRL-F "mattbs".

Not hard.

I'm not a fan of Julien or Thornton.  That's no secret.  I've made it known repeatedly.  I do not, however, say things like, "B's look like a bunch of nervous kittens.  panties are turning brown" or proclaim the game to be over at 8:09pm.

No redemption for you, mattbs.

None.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

After a night to think it over and reading through all of the new posts, I can say with certainty that the posters in support of this thread are all completely wrong.

In case none of you realized, there are different types of fans in this world. Not just the little clique that has been formed on these forums.

It is a farce that you all attempt to toss these fans aside. That makes you all no better than Montreal fans. Only crazily obsessed with their team winning and never giving a thought to something else. Tossing aside and ridiculing anything remotely resembling a non-believer.

The Bruins do lose. That is a fact of life. 

Last night, the Bruins were going to lose at one point. That is the thought that crossed 99% of B's nation. But to ignore that in the manner in which you are all doing is appauling to the visitors of this forum outside of that 1% that did believe.

I thought we were all better than that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Yeah. Mostly because it had never been done in NHL history before. Kind of hard to keep up a good mentality in that situation.

Some of us sat (or stood!) and hoped for a comeback.  It was hard, but that's what real fans do.

Others waved the white flag and gave up.  That was easy. 

And some of us sat in a room as the lone Bruins fan with59 other people who were all cheering on the Leafs and didn't budge, while enduring all the verbal bashing, hung their head when the Leafs went up 4-1, but held out faint hope and it paid off in the end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Yeah. Mostly because it had never been done in NHL history before. Kind of hard to keep up a good mentality in that situation.

Some of us sat (or stood!) and hoped for a comeback.  It was hard, but that's what real fans do.

Others waved the white flag and gave up.  That was easy. 

And some of us sat in a room as the lone Bruins fan with59 other people who were all cheering on the Leafs and didn't budge, while enduring all the verbal bashing, hung their head when the Leafs went up 4-1, but held out faint hope and it paid off in the end.

It made the win even more satisfying eh Red?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I wish i could tape my entrance into work tomorrow.   I want theme music for that mofo.  

Tomorrow use "Theme From Shaft" by Isaac Hayes.  Just change the line that reads "Whose the cat that won't cop out, when there's danger all about? Shaft!" to "Whose the cat that won't cop out, when there's danger all about? Shupe! You're damn right."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

I wish i could tape my entrance into work tomorrow.   I want theme music for that mofo.  

Tomorrow use "Theme From Shaft" by Isaac Hayes.  Just change the line that reads "Whose the cat that won't cop out, when there's danger all about? Shaft!" to "Whose the cat that won't cop out, when there's danger all about? Shupe! You're damn right."

LMAO! Good stuff & a great idea! Especially where he's a cop! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

if anyone didn,t feel disappointed, or lost some hope after toronto went ahead 4-1  please please give me some of what your on. I said to myself at that time just what Lucic said he was thinking in his post game interview "that this team will have to be rebuilt" I guess the 35 years of never missing a minute of Bruins hockey that i put in has all been a hoax "I am not a true fan". I have said ,Julien drives me up a wall, Jagr is some hard to play with on a line ( oh yeah Julien said that to in his postgame interview, "hes a unique player that we have spent hours of video with Kelly & Peverly so they have  a idea how to play with him") When they stunk towards season end & i never saw so many missed passes, passes in skates, Bruins getting knocked around with no passion or emotion to fight back, I said they "stink"  they did! But I can tell you their best game of the year Tampa Bay 2-21, if they play every game like that they will be stanley cup champs,thats what i root for,want & expect from this group. Fans come in all shapes, sizes, ages & different opinions weather good or bad towards the team. Its amazing that you guys think you can tell people how to be a fan & the people that are  "Ship Jumpers" Its amazing! Put me on the list cause I thought at one point they were done last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, this isn't about having doubts or complaining about parts of the team, or commenting on certain shortcomings.  That is a lot different than waving the white flag, matt-bs-style, in the middle of a playoff game 7 against a rival.

We all had our doubts and the first 2 and a half periods last night were painful for everybody here.  Some can handle that stress though, while some just melt down when they face adversity and come here to wail and moan about it.  They didn't just give up quietly either, they came here to taunt the believers.  

So, those of us who stuck it out are going to rub it in the faces of those wimpy, shrinking violets who wet their pants halfway through the game and irritated the rest of us with their doomsday whining and tantrums.  All day long.

You wimps missed out, and you tried to ruin our fun.  Eat your crow.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I have to take my lumps on this one...I left the living room...too many times this season, they never mounted a comeback. It felt like a hot poker in my eye...I was so pi$$ed I could not stand it! I have been a faithful follower for over 40 years and can generally tell when they just don't seem to have it...I retired to the bedroom and checked back and forth...saw the end of the third and OT
    Boy oh boy, was I ever wrong this time! Go B's, I am very happy for them...

Apparently the comeback started right after I peeled off my "lucky" Bergeron jersey...thinking I was retiring it for the summer...ugh Maybe I will just leave it put away and save my "luck" for the Red Sox. :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Phew I thought there was like a 30% chance I would be nominated for my Seguin question after game 2. I still feel theres like a 20% chance yall just forgot about me and will correct it.

:)  Bring on the MothaFudgin Rangers!!!

I hope Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand are back together AND playing to there potential.  Watching Jagr last night was painful for me.  I thought he looked like a 13th forward after the first shift of each period.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It made the win even more satisfying eh Red?

DAMN SKIPPY IT DID!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I stopped the DVR and deleted the game, the Bruins scored a minute later. It forces me to watch the game no matter what because if I left it on DVR, I would have turned it off at 4-1 to not watch any more of that train wreck I was watching. Instead, like it seemed the Leafs did, I relaxed. Horton scored, and I laughed. Then Lucic scored and I  cheered. Then Bergeron scored and I went bonkers. Then he scored in OT AND I WENT ABSOLUTELY INTO I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW MODE. I can't DVR Bruin games, that's the moral of the story. It was the Hockey Gods way of saying don't give up on your team, and watch them even at their lowest of lows. 

Sections
Shortcuts