Ship Jumpers Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ship Jumpers Roll Call

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Add JWensick to the list.

Not a chance, JW never goes on game threads. He goes off on some of Chiarelli's choices, Julien as i do but he is no bandwagoner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Thanks Dog

That was very Kobasewesque of you Laughing- respect

Love the B's and always will. Don't like the Coach at all, Don't like #19, and worry about the GM.

Isn't that what a "true fan" does ? Doesn't want anybody screwing up his team -

GO Bruins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

So I guess the 20,000 fans who were booing the B's at the TD centre aren't real fans right? The ones that spend thousands on season tickets or travelled across the country to watch a game should no longer be fans?  I've been with the B's since watching Orr and Espo and through the lowest years after the Thornton trade.

The word fan originates from FAN-atic not FAN-boy.  I am fanatical about the B's and tell it like it is and I criticize because I want the problem areas to get fixed.

Now stop talking about me and get back to your paper route.

Good one man,you can criticize and be a fan to.did i think they would come back and win that game,i'm honest no i didn't but I didn't go to bed or switch channels,i was going to see the finish either way.Did i make comments that they haven't been playing well yes,and you Know what they haven't.All these super fan on here saying we new they were comming back in that game,you should all go pick some lucky lottery numbers too.I'm like you watched the Bruins since the Bobby Orr days,were the true fans we get upset when they loose,or there not playing well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

So I guess the 20,000 fans who were booing the B's at the TD centre aren't real fans right? The ones that spend thousands on season tickets or travelled across the country to watch a game should no longer be fans?  I've been with the B's since watching Orr and Espo and through the lowest years after the Thornton trade.

The word fan originates from FAN-atic not FAN-boy.  I am fanatical about the B's and tell it like it is and I criticize because I want the problem areas to get fixed.

Good one man,you can criticize and be a fan to.did i think they would come back and win that game,i'm honest no i didn't but I didn't go to bed or switch channels,i was going to see the finish either way.Did i make comments that they haven't been playing well yes,and you Know what they haven't.All these super fan on here saying we new they were comming back in that game,you should all go pick some lucky lottery numbers too.I'm like you watched the Bruins since the Bobby Orr days,were the true fans we get upset when they loose,or there not playing well.

Which poster said they knew the Bruins were going to make that comeback? I didn't see a single person make that claim. What I saw was a number of people who said they didn't simply throw in the towel and give up on the team even when they were down. There's quite a big difference between not giving up and guaranteeing victory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Which poster said they knew the Bruins were going to make that comeback? I didn't see a single person make that claim. What I saw was a number of people who said they didn't simply throw in the towel and give up on the team even when they were down. There's quite a big difference between not giving up and guaranteeing victory.

Right.  In times of adversity some people head for the hills, while others dig in their heals.  The playoffs are never going to be easy.  Some people on this board aren't cut out for the stress of actual competition and the risk of failure.  We all had some doubts and nobody enjoyed going down 4-1.  Some of us dealt with it with a little dignity is all.  Some of us cracked and threw a tantrum.  You know who you are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

You guys would never survive watching a live football game in a European country.  Those fans kill and die for their teams.  If the players don't give 100% they here it loudly.

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Right.  In times of adversity some people head for the hills, while others dig in their heals.  The playoffs are never going to be easy.  Some people on this board aren't cut out for the stress of actual competition and the risk of failure.  We all had some doubts and nobody enjoyed going down 4-1.  Some of us dealt with it with a little dignity is all.  Some of us cracked and threw a tantrum.  You know who you are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

You guys would never survive watching a live football game in a European country.  Those fans kill and die for their teams.  If the players don't give 100% they here it loudly.

Matt, I'm not sure how that's even remotely relevant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Owwwwww, so I don't measure up to European soccer fans??  I'm not a reactionary lunatic that kills players over games and attacks the women and children of opposing fans??  

I've watched live 'football' in London.  Lived there for a while.  If you like celebrating cowards, you'd love some of those fans.  12 guys beat up one guy in an opposing jersey, most of them kicking him while he's on the ground and then running away.

They can't even sit together, and they threaten the lives of referees and kill each other because they are morons.  No perspective that they are watching a sport, a hobby.  What kind of a loser would "kill and die for their teams".  Get a life.  That's pathetic.

You know why Boston fans and Montreal fans can all sit together and don't need to be separated and proetcted from each other in the stadium?  Because they're civilized.  They don't gang up like a bunch of cowards and try to kill each other over a sports game.  When a fist fight breaks out, people break it up.

You seriously look up to European soccer fans?  Sports are fun, but a blip on the radar of importance compared to family, work, children, career, community, charity, etc.  Be passionate about that stuff and use sports to enjoy and unwind.  European soccer envy -- unbelievable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

You're right, matt.  Footy fans over there are bananas - but as you said they're die-hard supporters.  As you must know even to the point of brawling with fans of the opposing clubs but they don't shift their loyalty from the team under any circumstances. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I don't condone the violence I mereley said you would not survive it if you get offended by a internet post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Bruins GM expected the worst better add him to list too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't condone the violence I mereley said you would not survive it if you get offended by a internet post.

No one is offfended.  Just annoyed...constantly.

No redemption for you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

No one is offfended.  Just annoyed...constantly.

No redemption for you.

Is anyone getting redemption.  Ruthless! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

I wasn't suggesting you favoured the hooliganism, mattb.  Nowhere in your post do you even imply such a thing.  You mentioned fans killing and dying for their teams and I was following that point with the notion you don't tend to hear football fans over there pulling the ripcord on their teams when fortunes go south - as in relegation for example and then return their allegiance to the club when they're promoted back to the Premiership. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

4-1...I head to the kitchen, wash the dishes, clear my head, pour myself a beer, and sit my back side on the couch to watch the rest. It wasn't hard. Frustrated, sure. Expecting a loss? You bet. But this is my team, these are the guys I get behind, and I wanted to see them play out every second. At 4-2 I didn't expect a win, but it was a beautiful play by Lucic and finish by Horton, and as a hockey fan a great goal to witness. At 4-3, which was another beaut, I was convinced it was going to be an incredible finish. At 4-4 there was in doubt they would win in OT.

How hard is that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who was offended by an internet post?

You bailed on the team and got called out.

And you seem offended by that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TK3535. Show TK3535's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Who was offended by an internet post?

You bailed on the team and got called out.

And you seem offended by that.

I am not trying to start anything and honestly don't care either way, but I am a bit curious.  What exactly does calling anyone one out accomplish?  What was the point?  People were disappointed at their team being down 4-1 and not playing well for 3 straight games, and they had no reason to see that changing in the last 10 minutes. 

They voiced their frustrations as most fans are prone to do when things aren't going well.  I am sure they continued to watch although they were frustrated.    So what does calling them out on this accomplish?   Are they no longer allowed to watch because you feel they are not worthy?  Does this make you feel like you are a better fan?    At the end of the day it really doesn't matter because everyone will be happy when they are playing well and pissed off when they aren't.

No point on starting something for no apparent reason in my opinion.   Life is way to short to worry about stuff like this.  We should all just enjoy the games for what they are and not worry about who is the best fan around.   I am pretty sure there are no awards or contracts being given for that title anyways.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I've never been personally offended by a post. Nothing somebody wrote could truly affect me. Well my diary, that's a different story altogether. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

TK, I don't know if you read here often or not, but all season long there have been some posters who, essentially, would take verbal dumps over any fans that thought this team could still succeed.  It didn't matter if they had won the game that night, it was never good enough, it is was never about debate or discussion.  Anyone who disagreed was a blind, kool-aid drinker.

This thread (even if it is a bit juvenile) is basically a big middle finger to those posters.  Consider it a catharsis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, this is turning into too much drama and I am as guilty as anyone else for that.  Nobody was offended by any of the posts.  

But there were so pretty wimpy, emotional reactions to the Bruins losing a game and a series, which they eventually won(!).  For enduring all of that venting and nonsense from some of the weak-kneed posters here, there is naturally a desire to mock them afterwards and watch them eat crow.

Then the bizarre deflections and excuses from the culprits have promoted even more mocking. I think I've gotten it off my chest though.  Go Bruins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TK3535. Show TK3535's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

TK, I don't know if you read here often or not, but all season long there have been some posters who, essentially, would take verbal dumps over any fans that thought this team could still succeed.  It didn't matter if they had won the game that night, it was never good enough, it is was never about debate or discussion.  Anyone who disagreed was a blind, kool-aid drinker.

This thread (even if it is a bit juvenile) is basically a big middle finger to those posters.  Consider it a catharsis.

I read on occasion but work 60 hours a week so do not have as much time as I once did.  I hear what you are saying and certainly can see why a little venting might be in order I guess, but at the end of the day it doesn't change anything really.  The miserable people are still the miserable. as long as you can feel good about yourself, that is all that really matters right?   At one point I probably would have been jabbing people myself a little, but as I have gotten older and started seeing the stuff that goes on around the world (and unfortunately in our own backyard with the marathon bombings), I have come to realize that there are bigger injustices in the world then fairweather fans.  Smile   Regardless.....thanks for the enlightening response.   Again I just felt like asking and getting some feedback. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please exit the forum, as you are not real Bruin Fans.]

I posted several times in the past that beings a BRUINS fan, like the "stock market" is not for the squeamish.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

To everyone who thinks being a Bruins fan is hard, let me explain my overall fandom, and why I think if you're a true fan of a team loyalty is a given, no mater what.

I'm a Vancouver Grizzlies fan - they folded.

I'm an Expos fan - they folded

I'm a Winnipeg Jets fan - they folded for 16 years

When the Expos left, I switched my allegiance to the Chicago Cubs - ' nuff said

When the Grizzlies left, I switched my allegiance to the Raptors - ' nuff said

I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan - no Superbowl ever (goddam you Anderson)

I'm a Hamilton Ti-Cats fan (one step up from the Cubs)

I'm a Tottenham Hotspur fan (one step BELOW the Cubs)

And I'm a Bruins fan - the only team in a major sport that I cheer for to win a Championship in my lifetime, and that happened just two years ago (and I'm not counting the Grey or Avco Cups)

ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY'RE HARD DONE  BY BY THIS TEAM, HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.(oops, caps lock, but I don't feel like retyping that sentence)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've never been personally offended by a post. Nothing somebody wrote could truly affect me. Well my diary, that's a different story altogether. 

I could do it if I wanted to....

Sections
Shortcuts