Shocker: Claude Noel Fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Shocker: Claude Noel Fired

In response to islamorada's comment:

Dumb conversation, look at the figures. Money counts.  

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Yawn, looking at the stats reaffirms my understanding that if you win they will attend. Atlanta was a sukk hole.

Even more dumb to dismiss it with bad fact finding.

Attendence used to be paid tickets.

Then it was people through the turnstile.

Now?

Tickets distrubuted.

What a sham.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

NAS if you take the average tickect price of every team in the NHL and multiply that by the average amount of tickets sold for each game, the Jets this season make more money at the gate than the Bruins do. So what is your point?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

NAS if you take the average tickect price of every team in the NHL and multiply that by the average amount of tickets sold for each game, the Jets this season make more money at the gate than the Bruins do. So what is your point?

Popularity isn't a problem in Boston, nor is financial security.  If they have to offer half priced tickets a few years into the re-birth, I think that shows a clear sign that it was major error returning to a place that have already blown it once.

See:  Atlanta

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Winnipeg didn't lose its team for lack of fan support.  It lost its team in the middle of insane inflation in player salaries and little in the way of revenue sharing in an era when the Loonie was trading at about 62 cents against the Greenback.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Winnipeg didn't lose its team for lack of fan support.  It lost its team in the middle of insane inflation in player salaries and little in the way of revenue sharing in an era when the Loonie was trading at about 62 cents against the Greenback.

They also had a run down arena and had no hope

of getting a new one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Red You're right as usual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yup.  The vote on publicly funding a new stadium was the death-knell, but if I remember correctly (I actually lived in the 'Peg that final year of the old Jets), one of the biggest reasons they failed was that the ownership wouldn't guarantee that the team wouldn't move because they were getting just killed on the exchange.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yup.  The vote on publicly funding a new stadium was the death-knell, but if I remember correctly (I actually lived in the 'Peg that final year of the old Jets), one of the biggest reasons they failed was that the ownership wouldn't guarantee that the team wouldn't move because they were getting just killed on the exchange.

That was a big reason too.Also didn't find enough local investers.

Sections
Shortcuts