Shoot'em Up Shero At It Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Shoot'em Up Shero At It Again

Fred's Boy didn't learn his lesson yet. He's after Kesler and Moulson this year.

Load'em up... move'em out... RAWHIDE

Let's not tell him he needs a goaler and defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Shoot'em Up Shero At It Again

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Fred's Boy didn't learn his lesson yet. He's after Kesler and Moulson this year.

I don't have a problem with the way he goes about his business. I think he figures with Malkin and Crosby he has a shot every year, why not surround them with players that can play with them. With those two on your team, draft picks aren't near the worth of a proven player.  Last year he got Iginla and look what he had to give up to get him, at the time it was a good move. This year he has an injured Dupuis, now he needs to replace him.  I think he should have found a way to keep Jordan Staal. He was better off in Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh was better off with him. Different team without him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with the way he goes about his business. I think he figures with Malkin and Crosby he has a shot every year, why not surround them with players that can play with them. With those two on your team, draft picks aren't near the worth of a proven player.  Last year he got Iginla and look what he had to give up to get him, at the time it was a good move. This year he has an injured Dupuis, now he needs to replace him.  I think he should have found a way to keep Jordan Staal. He was better off in Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh was better off with him. Different team without him.

[/QUOTE]

The only way would have been bring Eric to Pitt.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Trying to make his team better, good for him I guess. Don't completely understand why people have a problem with how he does his job. He's got two of the better players in the league, might as well go for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:[QUOTE]

Let's not tell him he needs a goaler and defense. [/QUOTE]

Shero can bring in whoever he wants. Can't fix Orpik and Martin, they stink. The Doctors could tell Letang to shut it down at anytime as well. His meds are going to wear him down.

And oh yah...MAF is still terrible. Ol Freddie has a lot of work to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

People, meaning me, have a problem with the way he goes about his business because it doesn't seem to involve much thought.  Runs the team like it's the Penguins' forum - star player X is available...GET HIM!

The best results he's gotten out of Crosby other than playing him with Malkin have been when Crosby has played with guys like Colby Armstrong, Erik Christiensen, Kunitz and Dupuis.  Moulson might fit that mould, but Vanek doesn't and neither does Kesler.

Of course he should try to win every year he has Crosby and Malkin, but every second poster here has pointed out the obvious - they have an issue in goal and on the blueline.  Shero keeps looking for that magic bullet to get more points out of his star forwards. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh - who would want Moulson and Kesler on their team ...what a jakazz GM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There is a cost to all of this too.  Now I don't know too much the guys he pitched for Iginla last year, but I do know that they were considered two of his better propects.  A few more this year for the hot-flame deadline piece and they've got to be starting to deplete things.  Of course I understand going for it with Crosby and Malkin in the mix, but as everyone points out the weakness is on the backend, and they seem less and less capable of filling those weaknesses in future seasons if they keep ponying up the tab for two months of IginlaKeslerMoulson.  Didn't work out well last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Pittsburgh already has the 17th ranked prospects in the league. If they keep depleting the cupboard each deadline it'll seriously catch up to them sooner or later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Pens are a force to reckon with now. Adding a Kesler or Moulson will make them that much better. Fleury seems to have found his game again. I would consider them very dangerous and probably the team to beat in the East !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Joe Morrow (Providence) was one of their top prospects.  He went to Dallas for Brendan Morrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I thought they sent college boys to Cal. None of Maata or Harrington, real prospects...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pens are a force to reckon with now. Adding a Kesler or Moulson will make them that much better. Fleury seems to have found his game again. I would consider them very dangerous and probably the team to beat in the East !

[/QUOTE]

They been saying this since 2010. It's just a wish, never a fact! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I hope he continues with his fantasy trades for forwards in an effort to score more while letting the defense and goaltending sit pat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Funny how we hear how shero goes after so and so but not who else is going after them lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought they sent college boys to Cal. None of Maata or Harrington, real prospects...

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  Calgary got Honowski and Agostino who are both listed among their top prospects.  They also got Pittsburgh's 1st round pick last June.  So, I would say that real prospects were sacrificed.

Sections
Shortcuts