Shootout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Shootout

Not a fan of the shootout either.  I always liked the idea of 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for an OT win, 1 point for an OT loss, and 1 point each for a tie. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think anyone should get a point for losing.

2 points for a win.

1 point for a shoot out win.

That's all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yeah most overtimes are blah. why not play till a goal's scored??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Shootout:
    [QUOTE]The more circus goals I see in the shootout, the more spin-o-ramas, the more ridiculous they get... the more I hate it. Wake me when hockey comes back.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

It's getting downright embarassing as a fan to see this crap.  It's gotten to the point this year that I just leave the room when a shootout comes on because it's just total crap to watch.  I'll come back later to find out who gets credit for the win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Shootout:
    [QUOTE]The more circus goals I see in the shootout, the more spin-o-ramas, the more ridiculous they get... the more I hate it. Wake me when hockey comes back.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I never had a problem with a hard fought tie.Shoot-outs are awful and I'll never be convinced otherwise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Shootout's are a joke but if the B's had (and I hate to say it) Kessel we would all be thinking a bit different.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Shootout:
    [QUOTE]Shootout's are a joke but if the B's had (and I hate to say it) Kessel we would all be thinking a bit different.......
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    Kessel is no better than 50% so it's not like he's any better at it than Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]Shootout's are a joke but if the B's had (and I hate to say it) Kessel we would all be thinking a bit different.......
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Nope... I've despised the shootouts from day 1 and my opinion hasn't changed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I HATE ties. I think the amount of money we pay as fans. We should always at least walk away with a winner. I'd much rather see a 5 minute 4 on 4 & a 10 minute 3 on 3. Then a shoot-out. Also as NAS says. 2pts for the win within game play, 1 point for a shoot-out win & a ZERO for losing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I've watched many boring , tie games right till the end just to see a little excitement ........the shootout. I like it !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I HATE ties. I think the amount of money we pay as fans. We should always at least walk away with a winner. I'd much rather see a 5 minute 4 on 4 & a 10 minute 3 on 3. Then a shoot-out. Also as NAS says. 2pts for the win within game play, 1 point for a shoot-out win & a ZERO for losing.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    For years there was nothing wrong with the tie.It was a big deal when you were able to score with the extra attacker so that you not only eked out a point,but also snatched one away from the opposition.2 points are all that should be up for grabs in any one game.Eventually there will be a team miss the playoffs with more than 100 points due to a ridiculous number of OT and shoot-out losses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I really dont think there should be a pity point for getting to OT. 2 for winning and thats it. This would greatly hurt the B's but IMO its the only thing that makes sense. I dont like the 1pt pity point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Dez? Ties are gone forever my friend. The league wants parody & they feel with ties that can't happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez? Ties are gone forever my friend. The league wants parody & they feel with ties that can't happen.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I know they aren't coming back but that doesn't mean they should've left in the first place.Wouldn't ties lead to parity  more than wins for one or the other?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

MAD TV had the best parodies.  Love to see Bobby Lee's Bettman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]MAD TV had the best parodies.  Love to see Bobby Lee's Bettman.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I was going to let it go, Book, but since you started...

The NHL is a parody.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]MAD TV had the best parodies.  Love to see Bobby Lee's Bettman.
    Just couldn't let that go eh.lol

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think one of the reason's we all love playoff hockey is sudden death OT. Both basketball and baseball play until there's a winner, as does CFL - no bonus points for losers. I can't stand shootouts - whether they're in hockey or soccer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Shootouts are downright ridiculous.  Keep the 5 minute OT and leave it at that.  A tie is a tie. If you want to cut down on ties : have team "A" play 5 on 4 for 2 minutes in OT; then Team "B" gets a 2 minute 5 on 4 to answer.  End of game.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

lmao with the B's PP they would lose every OT game shhhhh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I like shootout ...and if I would be the coach we would never lose a shootout ....Marchand has speed and desserve a serious trial ...Chara doesnt have the moves it takes to be on the shootout ....Krejci Seguin Marchand would be my first 3 ....than ,,,,Horton Bergeron Kampfer

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if CJ takes some good decisions)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No disrespect intended to nightmare...sadly, I think he was exactly right.  The NHL keeps the shootout because it wants parody, not hockey.

As for not letting it go, well, as with the long and involved process of removing the sequins from this board, spelling mistakes are one thing, but when you get another (often hilarious) word as a result, I can't resist.

I've been told I'm a bad influence for far worse things than this....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No disrespect intended to nightmare...sadly, I think he was exactly right.  The NHL keeps the shootout because it wants parody, not hockey. As for not letting it go, well, as with the long and involved process of removing the sequins from this board, spelling mistakes are one thing, but when you get another (often hilarious) word as a result, I can't resist. I've been told I'm a bad influence for far worse things than this....
    I was just giving you the gears.You're generally as respectful as any poster on this forum(knowledgeable to boot).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I still like Ken Holland's progressive suggestion seven minute overtime's with the last three minutes 3 on 3 (Me thinks that is what the scenario is) that would eliminate the shootout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

The NHL doesn't want ties and they won't go back to them.

I still believe there should be only 2 points up for grabs regardless if you win in regulation, OT or the shootout. A loss should not result in a point.

Sections
Shortcuts