Shortened season would you take Dustin Penner ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Shortened season would you take Dustin Penner ?

Better than 60% of the goals against, I think, when they're only on the ice for about 35% of the game.  Bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

There's no indication that anyone cares what you think about trade speculation but it doesn't seem to stop you from yammering on about it.

Buy your buddy/scout a nice steak dinner and maybe convince how good Torey Krug is . wink wink.

He and I agreed tonight that Boyes is one of the league's best bargains if he continues playing as well as he has been. It's crazy that he's only 29 and already with his 5th NHL team. He's scored 43 goals in a season and he rarely misses games. He only makes 1 million per. That's a good deal in today's game. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in Boston.

Sorry Dez....Don't you remember??? No ex-girlfriends allowed back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Why would the Stars give up Morrow? He is their captain, and with their off season moves they are looking to compete for a playoff spot. It would be nice, but I don't see it happenning.

What's remaining on Penners contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Why would the Stars give up Morrow? He is their captain, and with their off season moves they are looking to compete for a playoff spot. It would be nice, but I don't see it happenning.

Morrow makes 4 million in the final year of his deal and was relegated to 4th line duty for the early portion of the season. Being the likeable captain doesn't always trump the math in today's NHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't think you get much out of Penner on a 3rd line..if you gamble on him you'd almost have to play him with more offensive minded players and hope he shows up..With Morrow, you know what your getting, he'd be a perfect fit for the 3rd line..not sure it would take alot to get him out of Dallas.

Is there any indication at all that Dallas is looking to trade their captain?

All speculation on my part, he is playing on the 4th line, I would guess that he is not in their plans going forward and I don't see them making the playoffs even though they are the 8th seed right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Morrow makes 4 million in the final year of his deal and was relegated to 4th line duty for the early portion of the season. Being the likeable captain doesn't always trump the math in today's NHL.

Ah. Well, if the Stars fall out of contention it seems like a possibility then. Know they aren't doing so well right now, but not terrible either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ah. Well, if the Stars fall out of contention it seems like a possibility then. Know they aren't doing so well right now, but not terrible either.

Biss, I'm not saying that I think the Stars are going to trade him for sure but I do think they'd listen to the right offer for a guy getting 4th line minutes. Right now he's got lot's of competition on the LW with Benn, Whitney and Eriksson while Jagr and Ryder are the top 2 RW's. That said, he's been on a good run lately with points in 3 straight games to give him 5 points on the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

remainder of this season, he's a UFA next season.  He played last night and has only dressed 4 of their 11 games. 

Just heard a list of teams that are looking for scoring i.e. Sabres, Flyers .  Seems like the price for a player like Penner will rise .  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie Hamilton. Show Dougie Hamilton's posts

Brad Boyes' production has been going down since he has been traded to Buffalo...I wonder if he would get some sparks with the Bruins ...I would give McDermid + a 3rd or 4th round pick not more ...who knows ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I'll take a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion on my team.  Penner would be a good fit for the third line and is a big body.