Shots on goal overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Shots on goal overrated

In Response to Re: Shots on goal overrated:
    [QUOTE]kudos to clode...  there is an "unwritten rule"...its called class. most coaches abide by this rule hoping others will ,when the table has turned.  it's no different than not stealing bases when ahead by 8-10 runs, or not passing the ball when leading by 30.  some coaches don't follow this rule of respect for your fellow competitors...to them i say "you'll get yours"
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Agree 100%(you probably already knew that).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There is no unwritten rule that says you don't play your PP1 or PP2 in a game that is all but decided.  If some coaches decide to do it, fine for them.  There is plenty of data that shows other coaches feel free to play their PP1 and PP2 regardless of the score.

Why is this so difficult for anyone to understand?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nobody needs data to resolve this -- it is semantics at this point.  Everyone knows that there is a stigma about running up the score and it is customary to avoid looking like you are trying to do that.  Some coaches still send out their top lines, we get that.  But I bet they are still aware of the concept (which has been referred to as an 'unwritten rule').  That's why Julien mentions it specifically. 

Let's either bring in new information or let this one die...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]There is no unwritten rule that says you don't play your PP1 or PP2 in a game that is all but decided.  If some coaches decide to do it, fine for them.  There is plenty of data that shows other coaches feel free to play their PP1 and PP2 regardless of the score. Why is this so difficult for anyone to understand?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it's everyone else that has trouble understanding anything about this subject.We disagree.It's over.No big deal(I over-reacted).Let's forget about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NAS,
    I agree,  I also stated this would have been a great time for CJ to put in the top line and work out the problems with the PP which has been less then stellar all year..

I think at this point in the game, the focus is taking off of scoring and put on other areas..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No new info needed here, Fletch.  If some teams do one thing and other teams do something else, there is no unwritten rule.  I got skewered for saying it earlier.  100 posts later, I'm still getting hacked, but I've also provided significant research to support my case.

Typical B's forum BS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No new info needed here, Fletch.  If some teams do one thing and other teams do something else, there is no unwritten rule.  I got skewered for saying it earlier.  100 posts later, I'm still getting hacked, but I've also provided significant research to support my case. Typical B's forum BS.
    Man,are you serious?I suggest you may need more study and that's jumping all over you or getting "skewered".People disagreeing with you isn't you being hacked and coaches choosing to ignore it doesn't mean there's no unwritten rule.The only typical B.S. is your reaction to folks not agreeing with you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No new info needed here, Fletch.  If some teams do one thing and other teams do something else, there is no unwritten rule.  I got skewered for saying it earlier.  100 posts later, I'm still getting hacked, but I've also provided significant research to support my case. Typical B's forum BS.
    The whole concept of the unwritten rule is that some follow it and some don't.Otherwise it would be called a rule.Is that plain enough english?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This is crazy.  It's like saying there is no such thing as the speed limit because some people don't abide by it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Hey NAS, they do have a point, you do attack posters. When I posted for the first time ever on this board, you attacked me for putting a proposed lineup with Marchand on the 3rd line and that I even put him on the team (what an idiotic move that was........). I have the thickest skin around but sometimes your banter is a little over the top.

Try to at least be cordial to people that you perceive as less intelligent, otherwise everyone just thinks you're a jerk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

On a side note, I do agree with NAS. If an unwritten rule is rarely followed, then it doesn't really exist. Claude did the classy thing that not a lot of people do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, that's about all the research I'll do.  Each game I checked that had a crazy score showed the PP1 and PP2 on the ice. Tell me more, Dez.

You know what NAS why don't you do something like this with your research.

You speak in superlatives then lash out you.tube sites for documentation.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shots on goal overrated : I guess I should've been less specific then since all I've been implying is that some feel you don't play your top players as much at all when a games out of reach.Some coaches will(for whatever reason)and that's fine but you're trying to tell me it wasn't real.As stated,I'm obviously not as computer savvy so as a favour,how about checking more ice-time stats for us?You were able to give many examples of top line players on the PP in a blowout.So now check out how many PP minutes were given to 3rd and 4th line guys in those same blowouts.I mean the guys that never play the PP otherwise.I guess I erred when calling it an unwritten rule as opposed to common practice.What else explains 4th liners on the PP?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I thought my stance was clear NAS but apparently not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Not ripping the threadster, but tonight, shots on goal were not overrated. Carolina blasted away with 45 shots, and Thomas played one of his top 3 games of the season with 43 saves, many of the difficult, acrobatic and show-stopping fashion. I'm sorry, but every time, the subject matter is play Rask to rest Thomas or play Rask because the team has two great goalies, I just don't buy it this year. Get a real backup to Thomas, one who may actually go out and win a game. Rask, unfortunately, is in a horrible spot for himself. You want to play him to rest or spell Thomas, but the end result is no points. Can't have it. This is going to be a tough time to get into the playoffs. You can't afford to play .500 hockey and you can't afford to give away Rask-started games so that Thomas rests. Time to get a third goalie.