should Claude's systems be modified or blown up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

should Claude's systems be modified or blown up?

There have been so many Claude derogatory threads, let's forget the person and look at his results. The Bruins have definitely improved GAA. In prior years it seemed to be the " system", but this year it is mostly Timmy and Tuuka. Are other teams finding ways to disrupt the " system" ? Is the defense too slow? Is ringing the puck around the boards, or passing back behind the net a poor breakout system?? does it take too long for forwards staying in the "stack-em" defense to get those "ring-around" passes or beat the opposing defensemen moving in from the point?? Are passes from Boychuck or Chara too hard for forwards to handle ? or do they need some different forwards ?? In the offensive end, on the PP would they get better results, and less bruising, if the points used only an aimed wrister rather than a wind it up slapper??  Who should be teaching Wheeler how to handle the puck ? or is he a lost cause?Tongue out Go ahead, think it through and comment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: should Claude's systems be modified or blown up?

I am not frustrated with Julien, but our PK is top ten, GAA is at it best, goaltending is above average or stellar but my concern is the PP. I thought this was the reason we got Jarvis he did a great job in MTL. so what gives?Undecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Since you seem to be asking about everything, I think the correct answer is '42'.

Which means Whitfield will solve everything!

The system seems to be doing what it is supposed to do - limit initial chances against.  Many of the times when the goalie has had to be great, it's come on second or third chances.  To me, the most noticeable problem right now is moving the puck down the ice.

There are a couple of ways I think things go wrong.  First, because the forwards (aside from the top line) aren't big threats 5-on-5, the opposition doesn't have to respect a fast break as much.  This means they can clog the neutral zone more, which leads to the second issue: the Bruins' defenders aren't able to make an outlet pass as soon as they get full possession.  Maybe they wouldn't be able to anyways, since none have that reputation for passing the puck really well.  It's a bit of chicken-and-egg here.  Either way it happens, it leads to these painfully deliberate breakouts we've been seeing lately.  Lots of guys standing around, not much speed entering the offensive zone, and the other team's defense ready.

Still, 12th in the league in goals-for per game.  Not completely horrible.  Maybe this is one of those points where it's easy to get hung up on how things look, rather than whether they work.

I think there are two things that could get this team on a roll.  The emergence of a second scoring line, or a more effective powerplay (it's about 1% better than last year!  Yay Jarvis!).  Either one would cause some trickle down benefit.

Another thing to think about: 3rd periods.  The Bruins are 3rd in goals for and 1st in goals against.  Is this just a result of the whole roll-four-lines routine, or is Julien making adjustments we aren't noticing that are working?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

In Response to Re: should Claude's systems be modified or blown up?:
    Since you seem to be asking about everything, I think the correct answer is '42'. Which means Whitfield will solve everything! The system seems to be doing what it is supposed to do - limit initial chances against.  Many of the times when the goalie has had to be great, it's come on second or third chances.  To me, the most noticeable problem right now is moving the puck down the ice. There are a couple of ways I think things go wrong.  First, because the forwards (aside from the top line) aren't big threats 5-on-5, the opposition doesn't have to respect a fast break as much.  This means they can clog the neutral zone more, which leads to the second issue: the Bruins' defenders aren't able to make an outlet pass as soon as they get full possession.  Maybe they wouldn't be able to anyways, since none have that reputation for passing the puck really well.  It's a bit of chicken-and-egg here.  Either way it happens, it leads to these painfully deliberate breakouts we've been seeing lately.  Lots of guys standing around, not much speed entering the offensive zone, and the other team's defense ready. Still, 12th in the league in goals-for per game.  Not completely horrible.  Maybe this is one of those points where it's easy to get hung up on how things look, rather than whether they work. I think there are two things that could get this team on a roll.  The emergence of a second scoring line, or a more effective powerplay (it's about 1% better than last year!  Yay Jarvis!).  Either one would cause some trickle down benefit. Another thing to think about: 3rd periods.  The Bruins are 3rd in goals for and 1st in goals against.  Is this just a result of the whole roll-four-lines routine, or is Julien making adjustments we aren't noticing that are working?
    Posted by DrCC

Bogie, very good post ! You raise some very important questions which should be addressed. It should not matter  what the stats show and it does not matter that the team ranks 12th in goals scored. As that deserved a trophy or something. The point is, there is lots of room for improvement. I think the team has the talent. I am not sure it's being used in the best way possible though.
    And JC does not look like the type of coach who wants to find out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The system is beat by the other team forceking the hell out of the Bd D, The D takes too long to clear the puck. they think and dont react. The system sux

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Why would yoou want ot modify a system that has been working so well .???  Bruins ae almost on top of the NHL look at the standing we are only 8 points away from the 1st overall with 3 games in hand ...HELLO ! !  Please wake up

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Sections
Shortcuts