Re: Should Geoff Ward have been fired?
posted at 9/18/2011 11:44 AM EDT
In Response to Re: Should Geoff Ward have been fired?
Come on Chowda, since when has Patrick Roy been known for his smarts and insight. Remember how he handled his son's tirade?? I would imagine that Julien's advice on start-up defensive strategy would be welcomed by anyone, bu that's all it is, a primer on defensive strategy. If Claude and Houda were alert, Boychuck would have covered his zone better. So, to me, it's more the level of alertness, flexibility, and responsibility that needs attention and innovation. Did Claude really encourage using "YOUNG" players ??? Hello Tyler.
Posted by bogie6
A few things I learned from this post .
1) you are smarter then Roy when it comes to handling sons. Hockey I don't think so.
2) Roy wanted to know about the forechecking part of the Bruins game. FYI unless you missed the memo forechecking is part of the offensive game.
Your defensive primer insinuation is only half right.
3)Young players ? Julien led his junior team to the QMJHL finals with 17 rookies . If you would have read it properly you'd know that is what they discussed.
4) Young players in the NHL last year ? Hello ! Boychuk.....rookie . Hello ! Marchand......rookie. Hello ! McQuaid .......rookie.
Not to mention the zillions ( well not quite ) of callups during the season of players playing their first NHL games.
5) The underlined part. Did you have an out of body experience with that comment ? It doesn't seem to fit with the topic of Roy and Julien conversing.
6) Hello ! Tyler. Seguin's play was more down then up last year. Players earn their minutes on teams that are looking to win the cup. Not have them spoon fed to them. At times Seguin looked like a junior player not an NHLer.