Should Recchi Retire?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

Should Recchi Retire?

His play has drastically slipped over the past few months. From mess ups in the offensive zone to bad passes coming out of the zone which lead to scoring chances for the other team. He is over 40 and his body may not be able to keep up with his mind, but he just looks a few steps behind on the ice. I know his veteran presence must be valuable in the locker room, but is he becoming a liability on the ice?

Claude still puts him in key situations but he just hasn't produced. Plus his line with Bergeron and Seguin lacks chemistry and he's having a hard time keeping up with Seguin.

Don't think PC will trade him.. But will he retire?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Should Recchi Retire?

Ive benn saying it since the summer. This team needed to get younger and faster, the exact opposite of what recchi is

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Yet he is the 6th leading scorer on the team (by 5 points)...Must be doing some things right...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Anybody have the trend of Recchi? - are his stats going down over the last 6 weeks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ya know what? I'm far more worried about Seguins game than I am Mark Recchi's! What Rex brings to the table in the play-offs is unteachable by a coach, or just any veteran! He's here for the year & I hope he last the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I'd like to see Recchi's 5 on 5 ice time cut in half.  Rotate Marchand in on that wing a couple times a period.  I like Recchi on the PP, but 5 on 5 he is looking like Glen Murray did in his last season...old, slow, and having trouble keeping up, slowing everyone else down on the line in the process. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1 assist last 8 games.  He is getting way too much ice, 4th for forwards in ice time, 7th overall and only Chara and Hort have more PP time.

Rec needs to be kept but his time needs to drop and take him away from Seg.

He needs to pick up the pace, it has to be his last, effect is gone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

After this season, yes.  He does seem to have less in the tank.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Recchi is slowing Bergeron and Seguin down, it was so apparent last night on quite a few breakouts. Numerous of times did Seguin had to hold up in the neutral zone to wait for Recchi to get in the play. He does not have the wheels to maintain an offensive cycle down low and in front of the net. Seguin and Bergeron pretty good chemistry together, it showed in the pre-season and at times recently.

When the Bruins traded for Recchi he was playing on the 4th line for the majority of the season for TAMPABAY! He was playing barely 10min, mostly on the ice with Stamkos on powerplays. Yet, Claude sticks him on the #2 line, getting close to 18min a game with 2pts in his last 12-games. A big body like Jordan Caron would be good on Bergeron's left wing with Seguin on the right. Although, i agree that Marchand has pretty good skills, he was a high scorer in juniors and in the AHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

So now its Marchand and Caron vs Recchi and Paille. Not bad for your bottom 2 forwards if its those 4 guys battling it out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

YES it's time to retire before he hurts this teams development of youth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Should he? Personally i'd like to play Caron in his spot and have him as the extra player on the bench to play power play or special situations. Tonight he came through for us

Great game and win 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NICE WORK RECCIN BALL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Recchi will retire after he lifts the Cups one last time. Not a minute sooner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Recchi scored tonight I'm happy for him but I would still like to see him sit here and there as he had a lazy tired giveaway in the third.

Good call Wheatskins that wouldn't be bad at all for Recchin Ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Funny how the trolls on here pounce at the opportunity to slam everything bruins. When it's always the same posters responding in a negative way every chance they get it's no longer open minded hockey talk, just childish angry people looking for a way to vent. Quite pathetic really, can't imagine my life hitting rock bottom so badly that I would waste my time on a rivals site just to spew hate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IT's really hard to criticize REX as he tries on every shift, and is important on the PP as we saw last nite. However, his capabilities are eroding. He does not handle the puck well; he is much slower;he is overused on Bergie's line; he is not contributing as he has in the past. All of these concerns are manageable if Claude had more sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

As I said in another post...I just think he needs a rest....Nice that he scored, but he's 42...The extra day off from a game will do the guy good...Im not doubting what he brings to the team day in day out, I just think he needs to be rested....It allows for the younger guys to come up now and then and get experience...Nothing wrong with that....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

After that goal last night you can't claim he's not contributing.  And unlike a lot of guys, it was a timely goal.

Biggest issue right now that I see is that he might get croaked out there.  When Murray's skills vanished it was only a matter of time, and the Habs broke his ribs.

On the plus side Recchi does take care of himself on the ice pretty well so it's not a sure thing they knock him out of the game, but I think the odds are starting to stack up against him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Up to the time he scored the wining goal he played pretty awful. He gave the puck away at least 3 times in their own zone. He is not what they need on the ice but his knowledge they can't do without. I would rather see Caron back with the B's and Recchi's minutes cut drastically. I guess you get the good with the bad in his case.

Sections
Shortcuts