Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?

I know everybody will jump on me with my proposal. But if Chiarelli could pull it off we would see a few more Cups.

My proposal:
    To Tampa
    Brad Marchand
    Tuuka Rask
    Dougie Hamilton/ or any 1 of the Bruins top prospects
    and 3 1rst round draft picks

To Boston
    Steven Stamkos

Or Chiarelli can simply go the offer sheet route which would fetch TB 4 1rst round picks.

With Marchand Tampa gets a little spark plug capable of 20-30 goals, With Tuuka the get a young #1 goalie that can step right in and help. They would probably want Hamilton as he is one of the top Dman prospects in the world and the 3 picks are also great compensation. Also right away in this deal the Lightning save about 5 million. If you were Stevie Y and thought you may lose Satmkos for 4 1rst round picks would you take this deal instead? I would.

Now the Bruin benefits
    Very top heavy
    Lucic Krejci Horton
    Seguin Bergeron Stamkos
    Peverly Kelly Rookie/Ufa
    Thornton Campbell Paille

Chara Seidenberg
    Ference Boychuck
    Mcquaid Kampfer
    Rookie/Ufa

Thomas
    Ufa

With TT in net, Chara and Seidenberg anchoring the D and an offensive punch like that. We would be set.

What a dream that was, I just woke up.

Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?

Absolutely not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?:
    [QUOTE]
    I know everybody will jump on me with my proposal. But if Chiarelli could pull it off we would see a few more Cups.

Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

Forget it, man!
    We are going to see more Cups without Stamkos, so why bother.

Seems to me that your dream may have been a nightmare. Go back to sleep and wake up properly, and all this will pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

why not?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

this team just won the cup, and you are trying to overhaul them. thats kind of weak. but I'll humor you. the package is a really dumb idea. which do you think is worth less, a 1st round pick 4 years from now, or a combination of hamilton, marchand, and rask? ya, the pick, which is what you want to give them, so it would be the offer sheet route. How much money are you going to offer him? it would have to be over 8, and the only team tahts won a cup paying forwards like that is pittsburgh. so, i'm going to say, NO, NO, and NO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

lol or you could just offer sheet him at 9mil/yr - 6 years. Comp 4 firsts for 4 years and 2 seconds i think.

It'd be loltastic but w/e.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos?:
    [QUOTE]lol or you could just offer sheet him at 9mil/yr - 6 years. Comp 4 firsts for 4 years and 2 seconds i think. It'd be loltastic but w/e.
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus[/QUOTE]

no, just 4 first round picks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

You nuts? I thought the Bruins were giving too much in players...and 3 first rounders....crazy for sure

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Whats weird about this is that I wouldnt wanna trade Marchand.  He fits like a glove on that second line. 
    It would be nice to offer sheet Stampkos.  But we have three building block centers.  For the amount(8 mil/yr) we can easily sign two guys that helps this current team.  And I believe that is more important than one superstar. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The only way you can get Stamkos is by an offer sheet becuase he's been tendered a contract already which would need to be in the 8-9Mil range. Stevie Y would match it, Chiarelli wouldn't do it because he has already stated he will not move any current players off the rosters which is what he would have to do to fit the money under the cap. Then you have another problem Julien would have a cow with all the rooks he'd have to deal with.The cost is to high for one player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I guess it was an over payment. i would like to see where everyone else put Stamkos's value?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Wow, I can not believe that there are many here that would not do whatever it takes to get one of the best uo and coming snipers in the NHL...

...problem is this...there is no way in HE double hockeysticks that Tampa Bay moves him to Boston no matter what package we  offered.

Next topic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I know Chia would never do it either he is all about balance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I know Chia would never do it either he is all about balance.

seems like its working

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]I guess it was an over payment. i would like to see where everyone else put Stamkos's value?

Stamkos type players you must stay away from, if you are an opposing GM.

They cost too much compensation, ruining your talent lifeline. And they drain the payroll preventing you from assembling the required pieces to go along with a Stamkos.

The result: An elite player on a medicore team that may or may not make the playoffs (let alone win a round), and with no hope of young talent coming by way of the entry draft.

In other words: You stifle your present and you ruin your future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I can not believe that there are many here that would not do whatever it takes to get one of the best uo and coming snipers in the NHL... ...problem is this...there is no way in HE double hockeysticks that Tampa Bay moves him to Boston no matter what package we  offered. Next topic!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

When I think of Stampkos I think of Kovalchuk. Scores goals and what else?  I know he is an excellent hockey players but right now if you asked me who I would want between Bergie and Stampkos I would take Bergie. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : When I think of Stampkos I think of Kovalchuk. Scores goals and what else?  I know he is an excellent hockey players but right now if you asked me who I would want between Bergie and Stampkos I would take Bergie. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Attaboy Shupe. I've always felt that way about Bergie but lots of folks thought I was overvaluing him. Not anymore...............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

lucicfan - I hate to say that this is the dumbest trade proposal ever, but...

THIS IS THE DUMBEST TRADE PROPOSAL EVER.

EVER!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]lucicfan - I hate to say that this is the dumbest trade proposal ever, but... THIS IS THE DUMBEST TRADE PROPOSAL EVER. EVER!!!
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

you must have missed all cactustony's proposals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : When I think of Stampkos I think of Kovalchuk. Scores goals and what else?  I know he is an excellent hockey players but right now if you asked me who I would want between Bergie and Stampkos I would take Bergie. 

I don't see Stamkos being anything like Kolvachuk...as a matter of fact I thought Stamkos showed in the TB playoffs against the B's just what a good two way player he is. He not only provides a snipers scoring touch but he was backchecking and blocking shots (as exemplied by the shot off the visor that almost cut his nose off)...and he is still a kid.

Now I never said trading Bergy was part of the cost to acquire him...but I'm sure that is what TB would be looking for before they'd even consider this.

Using the logic of some others here...the B's should not have signed Chara since he is too much of a burden to building the rest of the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : Attaboy Shupe. I've always felt that way about Bergie but lots of folks thought I was overvaluing him. Not anymore...............
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

In my eyes he is in the top 3 when it comes to 2 way forwards.  Datsyuk and Kesler being the other 2 in that list. The fact I am mentioning him with Datsyuk(who I think is the best hockey player in the world outside Sid) means I am paying Bergie the highest compliment.  Might be a little overboard. 
    I think he will have an outstanding year next year.  Pt totals will rise b/c he will get someone who can play with him. Nothing against Recchi but Bergie should get a nice UFA who can play with him and Marchand.  I still say Laich just b/c Laich is very similar to Bergie minus the elite skill level. 
    I have always liked Bergie.  I said this in the playoff run early.  I think his game is going to another level. 
    He is a beauty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Shupe what on earth are you talking about? stamkos is good on both sides of the puck in all 3 zones

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Should the Brus pursue Stamkos?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : I don't see Stamkos being anything like Kolvachuk...as a matter of fact I thought Stamkos showed in the TB playoffs against the B's just what a good two way player he is. He not only provides a snipers scoring touch but he was backchecking and blocking shots (as exemplied by the shot off the visor that almost cut his nose off)...and he is still a kid. Now I never said trading Bergy was part of the cost to acquire him...but I'm sure that is what TB would be looking for before they'd even consider this. Using the logic of some others here...the B's should not have signed Chara since he is too much of a burden to building the rest of the team.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

He did play great against the Bruins and I use the Kovalchuk comparison b/c he is a goal scorer 1st.  Likely was a bad compariosn b/c Kovy is a floater.  Stampkos is a kid and is an elite talent.  He has holes in his game though.  But do you really wanna pay him 8 million a year?  I find he is a streaky goal scorer as well.  I know they all go through this but they thought he was on pace to beat Gretzky's record(never will happen).
    I think he signs in Tampa.  He likely will get a 6 year deal avg 8 million per year.  As much as I like him I don't think he is worth that amount.  So Tampa has Vinny/St. Louis/Stampkos on mega deals and have turned into chicago. 

I would rather have a complete team.  DK/Bergie/Seguin.  Thats a pretty nice set up the middle for yrs to come.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Shupe what on earth are you talking about? stamkos is good on both sides of the puck in all 3 zones
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

I am not a big guy with +/- but he is a career minus player in 3 yrs.  Of his career 119 goals he has 50 on the PP. 232 Pts total and 94 of those on the PP. I am not trying to take anything away from him but to say he is a complete player in all ends is not accurate at this point of his career.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should the Bruins pursue Stamkos? : I am not a big guy with +/- but he is a career minus player in 3 yrs.  Of his career 119 goals he has 50 on the PP. 232 Pts total and 94 of those on the PP. I am not trying to take anything away from him but to say he is a complete player in all ends is not accurate at this point of his career.  

oh, sorry, you read some stats...how silly of me, i just watched him play. were you watching the playoffs shupe?

Sections
Shortcuts