SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?

yeah for those of you in the bubble this is just another stir the pot interruption in your closed little UTOPIA. for the rest of us with bigger perspectives, mr. thomas is a total disgrace at this time. he can forget about ads and being a universally loved person at the bradyish and russell levels, now he's despised and a total embarassment who will NEVER regain his stature and clout even in the home team's city. he is now the most polarizing of athletes, talking john Rocker territory here.

how can the bruins put up with him wearing a tea party emblem on his face mask? y not put a confederate flag or nazi emblem on there? what if tom brady put that on his helmet or if jason varitek put it on his mask? thats team property. mr. thomas has put himself and parochial beliefs above and beyond the team and everyone else. he's a total embarasssment to the city he represents. he should go play in some teabaggger hockey association if its so important to him. for u kool-aiders, i would be as ticked if this were some gungho liberal getting on romney or sarah palin. that stuff just doesnt belong out there.

talking civics here NOT politics. bruins should be taking trade offers from canada right now. perhaps montreal will take him in, see how he likes spouting off his fat mouth out there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?

In Response to SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?:
    [QUOTE]yeah for those of you in the bubble this is just another stir the pot interruption in your closed little utioia. for the rest of us with bigger perspectives, mr. thomas is a total disgrace at this time. he can forget about ads and being a universally loved person at the bradyish and russell levels, now he's despised and a total embarassment who will NEVER regain his stature and clout even in the home team's city. he is now the most polarizing of athletes, talking john Rocker territory here. how can the bruins put up with him wearing a tea a party emblem on his face mask? y not put a confederate flag or nazi emblem on there? what if tom brady put that on his helmet or if jason varitek put it on his mask? thats team property. mr. thomas has put himself and parochial beliefs above and beyond the team and everyone else. he's a total embarasssment to the city he represents. he should go play in some teabaggger hockey association if its so important to him. for u kool-aiders, i would be as ticked if this were some gungho liberal getting on romney or sarah palin. that stuff just doesnt belong out there. talking civics here NOT politics. bruins should be taking trade offers from canada right now. perhaps montreal will take him in, see how he likes spouting off his fat mouth out there!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

This is the dumbest poll I've ever seen.  Please stop.  As soon as Thomas puts up a shutout people will love him again. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Where is the option for "H*ll NO!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

that helmet is over a year old, cowboy.  take your meds and pay attention next time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Did you care about this helmet a year ago when this team lifted the cup? 

Wait .... did you watch this team a year ago when they lifted the cup?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You have to be jucking foking!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Since when is the Gadsden flag the Tea Party symbol? Its been around since 1775 - it's older than the USA. The Tea Party has been around for just 3 years and co-opted something from the navy.

And how is it that I'm a Canadian and I still know more about US politics and history than you do? Learn something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Maybe he just doesn't like Metallica?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?:
    [QUOTE]Since when is the Gadsden flag the Tea Party symbol? Its been around since 1775 - it's older than the USA. The Tea Party has been around for just 3 years and co-opted something from the navy. And how is it that I'm a Canadian and I still know more about US politics and history than you do? Learn something.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Because being Canadian doesn't mean that you do not know about politics. They are not mutually exclusive!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

Wow! Is there a Tea Party emblem on his mask? What is it? A soggy tea bag from being in the harbor, a portrait of Thomas Lipton, a boiling kettle? Who cares. Please stick to hockey. If his teammates knew and it caused dissension while we won 25 of 30 games, I'm voting for dissension. Looking for the ignore button on C-C.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?:
    [QUOTE]yeah for those of you in the bubble this is just another stir the pot interruption in your closed little utioia. for the rest of us with bigger perspectives, mr. thomas is a total disgrace at this time. he can forget about ads and being a universally loved person at the bradyish and russell levels, now he's despised and a total embarassment who will NEVER regain his stature and clout even in the home team's city. he is now the most polarizing of athletes, talking john Rocker territory here. how can the bruins put up with him wearing a tea a party emblem on his face mask? y not put a confederate flag or nazi emblem on there? what if tom brady put that on his helmet or if jason varitek put it on his mask? thats team property. mr. thomas has put himself and parochial beliefs above and beyond the team and everyone else. he's a total embarasssment to the city he represents. he should go play in some teabaggger hockey association if its so important to him. for u kool-aiders, i would be as ticked if this were some gungho liberal getting on romney or sarah palin. that stuff just doesnt belong out there. talking civics here NOT politics. bruins should be taking trade offers from canada right now. perhaps montreal will take him in, see how he likes spouting off his fat mouth out there!

I'm still trying to find "utioia" on a map. Is it near Etobicoke?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

In Response to Re: SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK? : I 'm still trying to find " utioia" on a map. Is it near  Etobicoke?
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]
    Best post I've read today. ROFLMAO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK? : Because being Canadian doesn't mean that you do not know about politics. They are not mutually exclusive!
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

For sure, my point was that if CC is going to chirp about American history and politics, she shouldn't be less knowledgable on the topic than a damn foreigner like myself who doesn't even have a dog in the fight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have no idea why this person continues to post on here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxdriver. Show maxdriver's posts

I wonder how many of you bashers know y the eagle symbol is on the mask????????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from george123. Show george123's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

This is sooooo stupid.
    Had I been in Thomas' shoes, I would have gone. I don't agree with Thomas politically. That said, his politics and personal feelings- which he's entitled to- told him he shouldn't go to the White House, or that he'd feel uncomfortable doing so. And so he didn't. Aaaaaaaand that's the end of the story.
    That's actually the great thing about our country, is that if you feel strongly about something like that, you can make a statement without reprecussion. Everyone keeps talking about the duty to the team, but aren't American ideals of political freedom of speech a little more important than some symbolic ceramony?
    Again, I completely disagree with Thomas... but that doesn't mean I'm going to criticize him for making a relatively benign political statement.
    People say it's causing a controversy... buuuuut it's their reaction to him that is off the wall and creating a mess more than what he did. Get over it.
    And for those who say "respect the office" again, I say, "I agree... but not everyone does, and that's their right, and I'm glad that's the case."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonnaO1957. Show DonnaO1957's posts

Thanks, Tommy, one of the most RATIONAL posts I have seen in a few days! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK? : I 'm still trying to find " utioia" on a map. Is it near  Etobicoke?
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

felix - I teach in utioia, I mean Etobicoke. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

WHATS THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT EVER DO FOR THE NHL PASS OUT A BIG BAG OF MONEY TO TEAMS IN TROUBLE  SO TIM THOMAS SPEAKS HIS MIND  YA THINK MR.PRESIDENT GIVES A RATS A SS ABOUT HOCKEY PLAYERS OR THEIR PENSION I DONT THINK SO  GO THOMAS GO ANOTHER CUP RUN 2012 WOO HOO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Gadsden Flag has been coopted by many rebel groups over the years and was the original inspiration for the first marine flag. its been completely taken over by the teabaggerss now. too bad there were no intellectual property rights back then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Gadsden Flag has been coopted by many rebel groups over the years and was the original inspiration for the first marine flag. its been completely taken over by the teabaggerss now. too bad there were no intellectual property rights back then.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

Your posts are stupid enough, we dont need you posting under 2 names, do you really think we are as sad and pathetic as you are?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea why this person continues to post on here.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Brings nothing to the forum apart from that avatar. And that ain't right. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SHOULD THOMAS BE FORCED TO MOVE THE TEA PARTY EMBLEM FROM HIS MASK? : felix - I teach in utioia, I mean Etobicoke. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

How do you pronounce Etobicoke?

As for your being a teacher, I salute you. It's important work, and I think good teachers don't get nearly enough credit for the good work they do.