Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit?

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit?

No.  That's as much thought as it needs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I would have no problem sitting Paille or Recchi - even though they would never sit Recchi - at least for the Power play

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit?:
    You cant start Thornton now.  Too late for that stuff.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

If Julien will not play Seguin more than 6 minutes then YES bring in Thorns.

At least Thorns can be used to contain the likes of Downie !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

At one point I entertained the notion that Thornton should play in Game 6, but that was only because Claude was refusing to give Seguin any real minutes and I thought if only 4-6 mins of ice time were at stake, perhaps those minutes would be better served setting a physical tone.

However, the better move is to simply let the kid play a normal shift on a normal 3rd line cycle to get up into the 13-min range alongside Kelly and Ryder. That means no Thornton in my mind.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit?:
    Thoughts?
    Posted by southpaw777

For what whose he going to fight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

T.B. players have a no fight clause - if you noticed they go no where near Lucic, Chara or Horton and Downie already cowers from everyone; bringing in Thorton would be a waste. I agree, some real minutes need to be added to Sequin and he needs to find some ice to let his speed & stick do the talking like in Game 2. They will need stability and consistency from all tonight and 60 min's of pressuring TB in their end - TB doesn't look very good when they are forechecked hard. Bruins 4-1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NO< NO a thousand times no. This team does not need Shawn Thornton  as a player. He's a great guy and lives Black and Gold, but he doesn't have the skills to play regularly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raithrover. Show raithrover's posts

What has Sequin actually done in last couple of games, he has had his streak but lacks the experience and strength for a tough run of games. I would bring Shawn back and return the third line back to when it was looking dangerous, Shawn is more than a fighter and helped make the fourth line one of the best in the NHL, you could throw them out anytime knowing they would not cost and just might get a goal. Sequins time will come (probably next year), but its not just now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

What has Sequin actually done in last couple of games, he has had his streak but lacks the experience and strength for a tough run of games. I would bring Shawn back and return the third line back to when it was looking dangerous, Shawn is more than a fighter and helped make the fourth line one of the best in the NHL, you could throw them out anytime knowing they would not cost and just might get a goal. Sequins time will come (probably next year), but its not just now.
    Posted by raithrover

Seguin singe handedly one a game for them might have been 2 if Julian had used him more in game 1,so there is always a chance he does it again,there ain't no chance of Thorton doing it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit? : If Julien will not play Seguin more than 6 minutes then YES bring in Thorns. At least Thorns can be used to contain the likes of Downie !!!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

that was my thought..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

At one point I entertained the notion that Thornton should play in Game 6, but that was only because Claude was refusing to give Seguin any real minutes and I thought if only 4-6 mins of ice time were at stake, perhaps those minutes would be better served setting a physical tone. However, the better move is to simply let the kid play a normal shift on a normal 3rd line cycle to get up into the 13-min range alongside Kelly and Ryder. That means no Thornton in my mind.
    Posted by asmaha

I would like to see him getting more time too..Thats why I pose the question..If your not going to use him, then maybe a physical presence for game seven wpould be better..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Should we dress Thorny tonight? If so, who do you sit? : For what whose he going to fight?
    Posted by kitchener

if suegin isnt going to play but 5 min., then why not?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Seguin played more than 10 minutes in the last game, and probably would have hit close to that if the Bruins weren't protecting a late lead in the previous game.

There's no real reason to think things would be different tonight.  He'll play as much as the game situation warrants.  He'll get minutes if they need to score (a situation when Thornton is pretty irrelevant) and won't when they have a lead (when Thornton would get even fewer minutes).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Seguin played more than 10 minutes in the last game, and probably would have hit close to that if the Bruins weren't protecting a late lead in the previous game. There's no real reason to think things would be different tonight.  He'll play as much as the game situation warrants.  He'll get minutes if they need to score (a situation when Thornton is pretty irrelevant) and won't when they have a lead (when Thornton would get even fewer minutes).
    Posted by DrCC

My bad..I didnt realize he had played that much the last game..If suegin plays then OK...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Posted by raithrover

True, he has not made any dominant plays, in the past few games, but watch carefully, he makes lot of nice passes. Trouble is, he doesn't get many in return. As far as Thornton is concerned, what does he bring that the Bruins really need right now? Not much from what I've seen. Seguin, at least, brings speed and with his ability he could break loose at anytime. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

How can anyone with any knowledge of hockey 101 beleive that SHAWN Thornton and Seguin are comarable?? Maybe Joe Thornton is comparable when he was learning to be an NHL player, but Shawn[Yikes]. Seguin's ice time is limited by a coach who plays Recchi [ really declined] and Slyder who keeps giving the puck to the Bolts. Did anyone notice that Vancouver's coach played only 3 lines in their conclusive game with San Jose. Did you also notice that Claude played Recchi and peverly when the Bruins had a 4 on 3 advantage?? Is it reasonable that Claude and his entire coaching staff have been unable to create a reasonable Power Play? and that the Islanders just signed Doug Weight to be their PP coach the day after he retired. Does that mean that Claude has gone an entire season without acquiring a PP coach? Can we really beleive that this "DEFENSE-FIRST" coach knows ZERO about offense??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Regarding Seguin and minutes played, he had over 10 and half minutes last game, which I think is just about right for him at this time with one exception, he had zero time on the power play. Which, given the state of the B's power (?) play is just plain stupid. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

How can anyone with any knowledge of hockey 101 beleive that SHAWN Thornton and Seguin are comarable?? Maybe Joe Thornton is comparable when he was learning to be an NHL player, but Shawn[Yikes]. Seguin's ice time is limited by a coach who plays Recchi [ really declined] and Slyder who keeps giving the puck to the Bolts. Did anyone notice that Vancouver's coach played only 3 lines in their conclusive game with San Jose. Did you also notice that Claude played Recchi and peverly when the Bruins had a 4 on 3 advantage?? Is it reasonable that Claude and his entire coaching staff have been unable to create a reasonable Power Play? and that the Islanders just signed Doug Weight to be their PP coach the day after he retired. Does that mean that Claude has gone an entire season without acquiring a PP coach? Can we really beleive that this "DEFENSE-FIRST" coach knows ZERO about offense??
    Posted by bogie6

Amen. Right now, it absolutely hurts watching the B's power play.  How many times did they go off side, in this series, entering the offensive zone on the power play? I don't know what the number is but it's happended far too often.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would play Thornton and sit Recchi (he really looks tired) and what we need tonight his tons of ENERGY ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Wouldn't we want Thorton to help protect our lead ?

Also, I'm thinking NAS would want to see Thorton dressed and playing tonite.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They should sit Thomas Chara or Bergeron and put Thornton in.

oh wait.  I forgot

**sarcasm mode on**
    They should sit Thomas Chara or Bergeron and put Thornton in.
    **sarcasm mode off**

there.  that's better.

Sections
Shortcuts