Should we really try to sign Iggy again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Should we really try to sign Iggy again?

Looking at the UFAs out there, as much as I like Iggy I think we should opt first to try to sign Marian Gaborik and/or Tomas Vanek, two guys that bring more speed to the game than Jerome at this point. I know Vanek is a project at times, but he makes goalscoring look so darn easy! Noboy else on his team does that. I also would like to see a potential trade for former Bruin Chris Versteeg and a prospect, with Loui Loui as the trade bait. Loui will slowly play himself out of town anyway, and adding Versteeg will make the B's faster and a better matchup for teams like Montreal and the Rangers. He'd be a great third liner. Of course, Thorny must be let go and replaced by a potential scoring threat such as Sweethands or Spooner. After a few weeks to cool down, I'm ready to give the Little Ball another chance. Just my thoughts!

I thought I was wrong once, but I realized I was mistaken.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Should we really try to sign Iggy again?

Yes.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am also a 'yes' on re-signing Iginla.  Tied for team lead with 30 regular season goals, led the team in playoff goals.  Good fit for the system.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

as long as its a fair contract as far as year/dollar value goes, then I dont know why you wouldnt re-sign him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

My problem with re-signing Iggy is that the first line was a full step behind Montreal the entire series. Also, he's a year older next season than when he had 30, and sooner or later that's a big issue at his age. But he's a good soldier and if he is signed and gets even 25 goals I'd be satisfied, as long as the B's upgrade a bit on other lines and on D.

I thought I was wrong once, but I realized I was mistaken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would have said no 50 times over at the beginning of the season, and I'm really not sure that the cap will allow it (penalties from his own success)....

But, I am moved by just how well he fit in and how well he works in the B's system.  Hard to say 'no' to such a quality component over the past season, if there is a way to pull it off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would have said no 50 times over at the beginning of the season, and I'm really not sure that the cap will allow it (penalties from his own success)....

But, I am moved by just how well he fit in and how well he works in the B's system.  Hard to say 'no' to such a quality component over the past season, if there is a way to pull it off.

[/QUOTE]

Thats the key,how do the B's pull it off? I guess if Jarome likes the team,the city and his family likes it as well,then he might sign a team friendly deal. I'm sure he will likely get better offers money wise from other teams,its all up to Iggy now.30 goals as a first line right winger,great team guy and would likely pot 30 again if brought back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping he really wants another shot at the Cup with the Bruins and agrees to a deal structured like the last one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Depends on what you think of the roster as a whole.  If you're in the camp that thinks the loss to Montreal was indicative of a significant flaw in the roster, then no.  If you're in the camp that thinks you could play that series ten times and the Bruins would win 6 or 7, then yes, sign Elvis.

Long story short (surprise!), it's really difficult to make a decision like this in a void.  Iginla's a cherry if you think you've got the ingredients for the rest of the sundae.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'm gonna go on the "Recchi theory',which is Mark Recchi was part of the team that lost a very disappointing series against the Flyers and decided to give it another go because he felt the B's had the right ingredients to win it all and he was right,i hope Iggy makes the same decision and the results are the same. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli wants Iginla but he also wanted Horton at a certain price. I think the ball is in Inginla's court, does he want his Dallas-veteran contract now. The Ducks could offer a lot more with Kovu and Selanne coming off the books.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

50, Rex never doubted the B's.

Thats being said, If they do resign Jarome i dont want him playing on the top line.  He looks slow and has looked slow the past 2 years in the playoffs.  Btw, some of those playoff goals were deflections.  When DK's line is right they beat goalies clean.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats being said, If they do resign Jarome i dont want him playing on the top line.  He looks slow and has looked slow the past 2 years in the playoffs.  Btw, some of those playoff goals were deflections.  When DK's line is right they beat goalies clean.

[/QUOTE]

When DK's line is right he's the best player on it instead of the worst. He was the worst player on the line in these playoffs. That's on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

Thats being said, If they do resign Jarome i dont want him playing on the top line.  He looks slow and has looked slow the past 2 years in the playoffs.  Btw, some of those playoff goals were deflections.  When DK's line is right they beat goalies clean.

[/QUOTE]
    I don't care if the puck goes in of his face.  A goal is a goal.  If the other top six forwards had scored five goals in two rounds, the Bruins would've played a third round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Thats being said, If they do resign Jarome i dont want him playing on the top line.  He looks slow and has looked slow the past 2 years in the playoffs.  Btw, some of those playoff goals were deflections.  When DK's line is right they beat goalies clean.

I don't care if the puck goes in of his face.  A goal is a goal.  If the other top six forwards had scored five goals in two rounds, the Bruins would've played a third round.

Then he should be on a 3rd or 4th line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It went in the net.  Thats what counts.  Recchi got his fair share of those too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Rex didnt score goals off his butt.  He had hands. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

Then he he should be on a 3rd or 4th line.

[/QUOTE]
    He was the Bruins top goal scorer in the regular season and the playoffs and you want him on the third or fourth line because some goals were deflections instead of shots?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

It's funny how I said during the reg season that ig at 36 on our top line playing the hardest playoffs of all is not a winning direction posters reply " Marco come on he is scoring and he's an upgrade from Horton that's hilarious.. Now you saw how slower he looked vs Mtl and realize not a good idea and the worse part is chia now realizes it too

anyhow ig on 3rd line ...ok surely not on the first

and maybe big maybe on the 2nd if we had a stellar rw . With flaky Loui on rw chia has no choice but to put him on first

Horton in 2011: 21 games, 8 goals.

Horton in 2013: 22 games, 7 goals.

Iginla in 2014: 12 games, 5 goals.

If the rest of the Bruins score a couple, they're still playing and Iginla tops Horton's 8 goals in one year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

Rex didnt score goals off his butt.  He had hands. 

[/QUOTE]
    Recchi had better hands than Iginla?  You're delusional.  The most goals he scored as a Bruin was 18 in 81 games.  The year they won the Cup, he scored 5 goals in 25 playoff games.  He gladly would've taken a few off his butt to up that total.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Iggy was huge step up from Horton.  The KIL line was superb in the regular season.  We know what happened against Montreal.  It's hard to tell whether the Habs were doing something right or KIL was a step off.

Ultimately, you need a guy who's going to pot goals when you need them in the playoffs.  And that's hard to predict.  Gaborik, a career 1-dimensional player, is suddenly scoring key goals for LA.  Carter, too, seems to bring his best in the playoffs.  On the flip side Vanek was invisible.  Nash, too.

What I'm saying is: it's hard to tell who will get hot or not when it matters.  President's Trophies are pointless.  Looking at this year's playoffs, it doesn't hurt to stockpile on snipers come the trade deadline.  Keep Iggy if the price is right.  Adding another speedy sniper come trade deadline doesn't hurt.  This is what I expected from Loui, but he seemed to easily pushed off the puck.  It was Yeti who surprised everyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

Rex didnt score goals off his butt. He had hands.

[/QUOTE]

Never said he wasnt good or didnt have good hands, but he got TONS of deflections. Why discredit Iginlas deflections?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkCSUPnf1cA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K--Xjes2G_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZ5IuFw_mY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHzyseAIOw" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmHzyseAIOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYzOj5yY-KQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYzOj5yY-KQ

These all look pretty similar.

Goals are goals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would at $1.5 but the market will give him more than that ...NO RISK NO GLORY ..Since the BRUINS won the Cup in 2011 PC has been managing this team very carefully, not taking any big risks and PC likes old timers ...Iginla had a great season but he is not getting any younger, chances are he will hardly gets 20 goals next season , are we going to pay $5mm for a 20 goals scorer ? I woulndt  keep Iginla , I like him but we need a makeover , we need to make room for younger players who are ready to step in ...personnaly I would not keep Iginla, Thornton, Campbell and Caron ...and I would be tempted to trade Marchand if I can improve the team...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

This being said if Mr Neely changes his mind , he knows I am one phone call away

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020