Should we really try to sign Iggy again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Re: Should we really try to sign Iggy again?

The only way Iginla stay a Bruin, is with the same 1 year incentive laden contract that allows them to use Savard's LTIR money.

Iginla was willing to do it last year, so I can see him doing it again. He has been pretty healthy over his career, and is probably confident in himself, to continue that way.

The Bruins can offer him 6M for the year, which is probably more than he would average on a multi-year deal, anywhere else.

I really hope they can sign him, because I really don't see what plan B could be, to land a top winger, except maybe revisiting the,  Krejci for Bobby Ryan trade scenario.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only way Iginla stay a Bruin, is with the same 1 year incentive laden contract that allows them to use Savard's LTIR money.

Iginla was willing to do it last year, so I can see him doing it again. He has been pretty healthy over his career, and is probably confident in himself, to continue that way.

The Bruins can offer him 6M for the year, which is probably more than he would average on a multi-year deal, anywhere else.

I really hope they can sign him, because I really don't see what plan B could be, to land a top winger, except maybe revisiting the,  Krejci for Bobby Ryan trade scenario.

[/QUOTE]

I was called disillusional for saying Krejci may be traded.  Join the club.,.....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was called disillusional for saying Krejci may be traded.  Join the club.,.....lol

[/QUOTE]

Seems strange someone would call you a made up word but I'll believe it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Delusional. Is that right? Man this forum tough. I'm over 60 years old. Practically senile.   I'm not even sure if I spelled that right. Sorry 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless there is a better, cheaper option to sign/trade for a 30 goal guy who scored 5 goals (including 2 gwgs) in two playoff rounds leading the team then Iginla is the man. Does anyone seriously think someone from Providence is going to match that production?

[/QUOTE]

Spooner and Kokho with one hand tie wrap in the back ....Spooner would get 60 points in a full season amd Kokho would get 20 goals......but they prefer to keep Thornton and Campbell

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Delusional. Is that right? Man this forum tough. I'm over 60 years old. Practically senile.   I'm not even sure if I spelled that right. Sorry 

[/QUOTE]

How should I know if that's right? You're the one who knows what you were called.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How should I know if that's right? You're the one who knows what you were called.

[/QUOTE]

Adios

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Fingers crossed PC can find a deal to bring him back (and still have some cap room for other deals!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless there is a better, cheaper option to sign/trade for a 30 goal guy who scored 5 goals (including 2 gwgs) in two playoff rounds leading the team then Iginla is the man. Does anyone seriously think someone from Providence is going to match that production?

[/QUOTE]

Spooner and Kokho with one hand tie wrap in the back ....Spooner would get 60 points in a full season amd Kokho would get 20 goals......but they prefer to keep Thornton and Campbell

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

[/QUOTE]

Yes give the kids a good long look and stop worrying about the extra home game for Presidents cup. It took 1 game in both series to lose the home ice. Thornton got an F for grade in Bruins Daily. He looks like the fall guy this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Adios

[/QUOTE]

Buenos dias.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

50, Rex never doubted the B's. 

[/QUOTE]

When Iginla doubted the B's, the Pens clearly looked like the better team.  Anyone but the most blinded partisan fan would agree with the decision he made at the time.

Besides, looking back: Pitt 2013: Conference Finals  Bos 2014: knocked out by lower seed second round.

Got closer to the Cup he was chasing last year. 

I don't have any idea why anyone would question signing Iggy other than because of Cap space.  30 goals, fit in the system like a glove, tough, leader, respected by teammates.  While his line disappeared (well, all the forwards disappeared) vs Montreal, Iggy was scoring goals and people are calling him old and slow?  His goals werent clean enough? Seriously? 

[/QUOTE]
    Looking back, Seidenberg was healthy, Krug was the only freshman on the backend and dispite Bergy and Seguin's  injuries they came 2 wins away from hoisting the Cup. 

And Iginla's initial choice wasn't the Pens, it was several teams.  Then he dropped a deuce on his GM.

What is it with all you revisionist historians?

what did TS hurt besides his liver?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

50, Rex never doubted the B's. 

[/QUOTE]

When Iginla doubted the B's, the Pens clearly looked like the better team.  Anyone but the most blinded partisan fan would agree with the decision he made at the time.

Besides, looking back: Pitt 2013: Conference Finals  Bos 2014: knocked out by lower seed second round.

Got closer to the Cup he was chasing last year. 

I don't have any idea why anyone would question signing Iggy other than because of Cap space.  30 goals, fit in the system like a glove, tough, leader, respected by teammates.  While his line disappeared (well, all the forwards disappeared) vs Montreal, Iggy was scoring goals and people are calling him old and slow?  His goals werent clean enough? Seriously? 

[/QUOTE]
    Looking back, Seidenberg was healthy, Krug was the only freshman on the backend and dispite Bergy and Seguin's  injuries they came 2 wins away from hoisting the Cup. 

And Iginla's initial choice wasn't the Pens, it was several teams.  Then he dropped a deuce on his GM.

What is it with all you revisionist historians?

what did TS hurt besides his liver?

[/QUOTE]

They must have cut that part out about the injury on behind the B's...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes give the kids a good long look and stop worrying about the extra home game for Presidents cup. It took 1 game in both series to lose the home ice. Thornton got an F for grade in Bruins Daily. He looks like the fall guy this year.

[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins didn't lose home ice.  They played five games against Detroit.  Three were in Boston and two in Detroit.  They played seven games against Montreal.  Four were in Boston and three in Montreal.  That's home ice advantage.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins didn't lose home ice.  They played five games against Detroit.  Three were in Boston and two in Detroit.  They played seven games against Montreal.  Four were in Boston and three in Montreal.  That's home ice advantage.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]
    You got me again. Either way it seems like they wrapped up the Predidents cup too early and then used the last few games to rest up certain players and they never seemed to regain their momentum. I'm at least giving true diehards an excuse instead of saying the Habs were just the better team.  Saying that got me in big trouble here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't for suggesting a krejci trade, it was for the way you went about it. All your reasons for wanting to trade him were kind of ridiculously unjustified, and then you had 0 concept of what the bruins should get in return except "an upgrade." It's really rare a player of that caliber gets traded for an upgrade. I you came here and said " I want the bruins to trade krejci in a package for another legit number one d man, and then promote soderberg to the second line and trust spooner with the third." I'd be saying that's an interesting idea. Instead you just said upgrade upgrade trade krejci for no reason and that's annoying.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't for suggesting a krejci trade, it was for the way you went about it. All your reasons for wanting to trade him were kind of ridiculously unjustified, and then you had 0 concept of what the bruins should get in return except "an upgrade." It's really rare a player of that caliber gets traded for an upgrade. I you came here and said " I want the bruins to trade krejci in a package for another legit number one d man, and then promote soderberg to the second line and trust spooner with the third." I'd be saying that's an interesting idea. Instead you just said upgrade upgrade trade krejci for no reason and that's annoying.

[/QUOTE]

You again. Lol. I started the discussion "What's gonna happen to 1st line".  In it I said Soder is capable of being 1st or 2nd line player. I said DK could be a big chip for another Solid D or quick striking forward they need. If that makes no sense then Door #1 I'm a blithering idiot. Or door #2 I can't say because I've already been tossed off forum once.   You don't have to respond to poll I've already penciled you in for Door 1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I actually don't think you're an idiot. I just think you might tend to over react and want to trade players for the sake of trading players. I had a friend that wanted Marchand off the team after the playoffs. I think that's foolish, but I have no problem with wanting to use Marchand as an asset in trade rather than an asset for the roster. I don't think you're an idiot, I think that you started with an interesting idea that you didn't really complete, which made it sound like you were just trying to rile people up at first

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually don't think you're an idiot. I just think you might tend to over react and want to trade players for the sake of trading players. I had a friend that wanted Marchand off the team after the playoffs. I think that's foolish, but I have no problem with wanting to use Marchand as an asset in trade rather than an asset for the roster. I don't think you're an idiot, I think that you started with an interesting idea that you didn't really complete, which made it sound like you were just trying to rile people up at first

[/QUOTE]

Well I thought it was a good topic. I'd have to admit I was trying to rile up the crowd when I said," Mark my words it going down."  Like I got a clue!!!!   Either way I'm not trying to make the All-star team for the BDC hockey forum. I'm just looking for Rookie of the year. Not often can you make rookie of year at 60.  Lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

It just dawned on me, and i would be remiss if I didn't at least acknowledge the fact; if Iginla had agreed to the original trade deal, Koko would be a Calgary Flame.  So in some twisted and weird way I owe him a debt of gratitude. So, thanks Igjnla.  Now go find your 18 million in Florida or something.. 

Sections
Shortcuts