Showcasing Hammil?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

Showcasing Hammil?

Just a thought here but could the B's be showcasing Hammil?...Thinking B's want to see if this guy can actually hack it after nearly 3 years in A? If it seems he can't hack it  think they might move him this Deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Showcasing Hammil?

In Response to Showcasing Hammil?:
    Just a thought here but could the B's be showcasing Hammil?...Thinking B's want to see if this guy can actually hack it after nearly 3 years in A? If it seems he can't hack it  think they might move him this Deadline.
    Posted by rockett7

Yes, the B's could do this... but it's a double-edged proposition. If he does really well, do you trade him? If he does poorly, no one wants him. I think the team was just trying to bring someone up and see if he can fill in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Showcasing Hammil?:
    In Response to Showcasing Hammil? : Yes, the B's could do this... but it's a double-edged proposition. If he does really well, do you trade him? If he does poorly, no one wants him. I think the team was just trying to bring someone up and see if he can fill in.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Where did you get that idea?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I feel we have better players in the system right now that could have been called up
    Posted by rockett7

Which center would you have preferred?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Who is this Hammil?  It would be confusing to have both Hammil and Hamill playing on the same team.   Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It might not be Hamil they are showcasing.
    When they had Bergeron and Krejci on the same line, Krejci was playing wing, something he hasn't done since his first call up back in Juliens first year.

In Response to Showcasing Hammil?:
    Posted by rockett7

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Very slick goal. 

Once the nerves calm down i wonder if he will able to show why he was drafted #8 and lead the whl league in scoring in his third season.

Liked the way he was forechecking the last game showing some agression for once. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Hamill had a nice feed to ryder which ryder flubbed last game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Showcasing Hammil? : Which center would you have preferred?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

seguin at center, caron at wing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would like this much better than Hammil in there.  I think they are definately showcasing him, or at least evaluating him at the NHL level before dumping him.  With Seguin, Krejci and Bergeron, he has no future here.

In Response to Re: Showcasing Hammil? : seguin at center, caron at wing.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hamill sucks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hammil has played well . He is in position, he makes good passes, he has learned to be more agressive, and he is a good fill-in. He is not Savard, nor is any other NHL player like Savard. The closest is Stamkos, but he is untouchable. This can prove to be a showcase for Hammil and he might be included in any trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Dont give up too early on Hamill ...dont forget that this kid was WHL’s scoring champion

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I takes some kids longer, case in point, Martin St.Louis or Marc Savard. Both were written off early in there careers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Andy Hilbert

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

I'm not writing anyone off, but to term Hamil as anything but a disappointing prospect so far would be erroneous.   It's make or break time for Zach.

Also, is it just me, or is the notion that the Bruins's are showcasing or shopping someone with a whopping 2 NHL games experience is...what's the word?  misguided?  crazy?  ridiculous?

@Stanley:
    Yes, Hamil led the WHL in scoring one year, but so what?  Lyndon Byers scored 32 goals with the Regina Pats of the WHL (twice) and led the W in assists one year.  Success in junior does not necessarily translate to success at the NHL level, especially for small(er) men like Hamil, or slower skaters like Lyndon.  It's a tough transition.

Cheers

CB-68

Sections
Shortcuts