Showing love for skating clowns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Showing love for skating clowns

In response to pauly1's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Only a foolish fan can not see S.T worth. This guy is a bargain at 1.1 mil.

Some bargain.  1.1 million is a bargain.  Sad thing he doesnt even know how to protect his players.  As stated above.  He went no where near Orr who was running chara all series.  Yet someone like chris neil sees lucic running guys in the last gm of year and he goes after lucic.  

Hes no bargain.  He takes painfully long shifts.  He doesnt hit.  watch and see how pitt will use this advantage.  

I give him credit for a decent series.  But i base that on campy paille. 

After todays clinching win, Lucic said that Thornton, Paille, Campbell and Krug deserve full credit for the series win. Did u catch that?   I don't understand why this player is even on debate here, every time his name comes up (anywhere)  it's always followed by a positive response unless your NAS the hater....And since when does chara need protection?

Missed the chara part.  When skating clown orr runs your captain and mvp numerous times you put your clown on to stop that.  Thats his job.  Which he fails to do.  

All the hockey experts keeping talking about how effective the bruins fourth line is and yes they always mention thorntons contribution why can u not see his worth???

Pauly,

im not trying to be difficult.  ST is a terrible hockey player.  What did ST do?  Did you see reeves in st louis Vs la.  Thats what i want in my clown.  If you want me to say hes one of the better skating clowns im not sure i can.  He believes hes a good hockey player.  Orr did more for the leafs then ST did for the Bruins.  Orr was taking healthy runs at chara.  Why didnt ST stop that and then play an eye for an eye with dion.  The fact campy and paille are very good role players and created this entire series makes me wish they had a good hockey player on that line.  

Im not telling you not to cheer for him.  But please dont call me foolish bc i think this guy should be in the stands.  I saw him go after dorsett which hes supposed to do.  he picks his spots badly.  I saw him chasing hendricks as well this year.  Why doesnt he do this against Orr.  

For me personally i would rather watch a hockey player on that line.  I gave him credit for a decent series although he was on for too many men penalty.  Pitt will expose him.  Unless he goes after a letang or brooks.  Problem s he cant skate to hit these guys.  Hes the king of the sweep check.  I hate it when i see it.  Which is a lot 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

By the way shup, many on here think u are NAS. lol

im the canadian version.  Lol.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to surfingdjc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Some bargain.  1.1 million is a bargain.  Sad thing he doesnt even know how to protect his players.  As stated above.  He went no where near Orr who was running chara all series.  Yet someone like chris neil sees lucic running guys in the last gm of year and he goes after lucic.  

Hes no bargain.  He takes painfully long shifts.  He doesnt hit.  watch and see how pitt will use this advantage.  

Shup your your dead wrong on Thornton.  There is a time to fight in a game and Thornton is one of the best at it.

What do you mean he picks his spots. Everybody he fights is bigger than him. He's fought Boogard twice, Scott, Carkner, Rupp....Etc. He's fought Orr many times and got the better of him in most of them. Every team runs Chara And Chara can take care of himself. I admit  most of his fights are staged but he is the best enforcer in the league. And he always has his teammates back. He is an important cog in the wheel.

That being said as the playoffs progress you may not need him and he can sit.  He is better player player than you give credit for.

No, hes not a better player bc hes not a player.  Hes a clown.  Chara sure can protect himself but when orr runs your bread and butter you better go out and do what youre paid to do.  He doesnt. yet he sure looks tough against dorsett.  I can easily name better enforcers.  The best enforcer in the league is Neil.  Hands down the best.   why?   Bc he can play hockey.   Reaves was one of the best players for St. louis.   Orr is crazy and knows his job very well.  Terrible player but ran chara, beat the sn ot outta kaleta.  

Why do we need him.   

LA no clown

Bruins clown

Chicago no clown

Pitt no clown

Detroit no clown

i personally dont see any value in this player.  I see no upside.  Zero.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I can see that. Your a whole lot nicer.....just kidding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im not much for name calling.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I just dont agree with yours on this.  No biggie.  Big win today.  Thats something we both can agree on.  Cheers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Im not much for name calling.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I just dont agree with yours on this.  No biggie.  Big win today.  Thats something we both can agree on.  Cheers

U bet sounds good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

All i can say is that I am one of the majority that can see the value in this player. I truly cannot understand how anybody cannot see the value in this player when just about everybody else in the hockey world can. This is the only site that i have ever seen bash him.   This is all about NAS, he stuck his fat foot in his mouth a while back and wiil never admit he was wrong. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

ST is tied for 12th in the NHL in hits this playoff season, credited with 37.  That's good for 4th on the Bruins behind Lucic (55), Boychuk (45) & Chara (44).  Given his low TOI, that's a pretty impressive number.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is all about NAS, he stuck his fat foot in his mouth a while back and wiil never admit he was wrong. 

I make threads about me being wrong. 

Like Shupe, I dislike this players approach and his overall game.  I'm not going to get into any mudslinging, however, because I have pledged to have fun until the B's playoff run ends...hopefully after the middle of June!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And the closed minded opinion's of  Ron Jeremy and Duddly-Do Right lead the charges again in the BDC beatdown of Shawn Thornton.

You two bring good insight to this forum. For the topic of Thornton.........not so much. Bashing his play against the NYR really has no substance behind it.

His play as the twelfth forward in this series was superb for the Bruins.

In an interview after the game Lucic gave full credit to 4 players for stepping up their games to beat the Rangers. Krug, Campbell, Paille and.............Thornton.  

Give it a bleeping rest ...........just for once............PLEASE ! It's annoying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I used to be in the "get rid of Thornton" camp.  I thought the Bruins had enough guys who could take care of themselves that they didn't need a skating clown.  Some teams like the Red Wings haven't had a skating clown for years and have been very successful.  The Bruins also have Lucic, McQuaid and Chara that can go with any clown out there, even though I'd prefer they wouldn't for the most part.  Having Thornton in the lineup doesn't stop those three from fighting the clowns.  How many times have I found myself thinking why is Chara or Lucic fighting (insert skating clown name here) isn't that Thornton's job.  Also, Thornton doesn't protect our star players from getting hurt (Savard, Horton, etc.)

What changed my mind is when PC gave Thornton a two year contract paying him 1.1M/yr.  PC took one of the worst teams in the league and built them into one of the best.  The Bruins have won more playoff rounds than any other team over the last five years.  I trust PC and if he thinks Thornton should be on this team, I'll take his word for it.

Sections
Shortcuts