Showing the love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Showing the love

Just a few thoughts regarding last night's game

1) Let's show the love for Dan Paille ! He has been beaten up on this forum ( deservedly so ) because of his awful play. Last night he was one of the better Bruin forwards. He blocked shots , had a strong forechecking game, skated hard and actually handled the puck like it wasn't a hot potato ( made some nice passes ). At least for one game it was nice to see him play well. 

2) Shawn Thornton. Maybe the Bruins should have his parents at all of the Bruins games. 

3) Tim Thomas . It was good to see a win from the Bruins where he wasn't the main factor in them winning. He was solid but didn't have to stand on his head for them to win.

4) 4th line minutes. Ice time should be dictated on performance . If a line is playing good at the time who cares what they are labelled as ( a 4th line ). Last night was good !

A solid win with the team playing the way we all want them to play ! Let's hope it continues .

P.S. Was anyone else thinking this when the brawl was on ? Horton, don't hurt your hand . Savard, just hold on .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Showing the love

The nice thing about the 3rd period mele was that after all the penalties were handed out -- If Atlanta wanted to continue -- we still had Thornton and McQuaid ready to answer the bell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Also Boych, Chara and oh yeah Wheels.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Showing the love:
    P.S. Was anyone else thinking this when the brawl was on ? Horton, don't hurt your hand . Savard, just hold on .     
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I was praying to God Anthony Stewart didn't get a hold of Horton.  "They" say their fight in juniors really did a number on Horton's psyche.

It's funny to hear the Atlanta feed about Savard.  They say, "How stupid is Marc Savard?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Marc Savard showed why he is best offensive player this team has. His passing last night was as good as anyone in the league. He's a leader, and plays with passion. Give him some talent to play with and he'll perform. He is the one who makes the PP effective. He hasn't been healthy or had linemates for two years. He should wear the "C".

I'll never badmouth Ference again. If he doesn't have an "A" on his jersey - he should.

Thank god those were the players on the ice when Lucic got hit.

Milan Lucic can snap when he gets mad enough, and that's a good thing.

I think Neely is somehow behind this emotional display. He might have voiced his concerns - I think everybody including the GM and the Coach got the message.
    Only guessing, but the message probably was ...it's not acceptable anymore.
    If that's the case, then this can be a turning point to build on. Hopefully it
    continues.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Have to recognize Paille, I would keep him out there over Marchand unless Marchand was 100%.  Then I would sit the vets that deserve it, Paille was certainly suffering from being on the shelf too long.  He may improve even more with more game time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

When Marchand is healthy, sit Recchi.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Daniel Paille showed what likely made him a first round pick....he was nothing short of excellent last night along with Thornton and Campbell...maybe the Bruins better give him more ice time and I agree with Marchand ousting Recchi. Maybe sitting Recchi on a rotating basis might not be a bad idea when no one is sidelined .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

no paille, more marchand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

No Sequin...More Paille and Marchard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Absolutely put Marchand back in. Paille might be a better choice with Bergeron than Recchi. Recchi's play has been horrible, and his age is definitely showing as he huffs and puffs his way back to the bench. It's sad to see a quality player fade away game by game. Bergeron will never complain, but, it's a disservice to give him such a weak linemate. Even if Recchi can help advise Seguin. his inability to complete a pass and to cough it up, both in the defensive end and the offensive end is hurting this team's overall effectiveness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think Danny played his best game as a Bruin last nite. I will never say sit Rex! Too much respect for the guy. He fed Seguin a beautiful Christmas present pass last nite & the kid missed it & the wide open net that came with it!

I wasn't thinkin about Horton's hand, but I was holding my breath for Savvy. Especially seeing him with NO HELMET & Little having a visor.

NAS! When I saw Stuart have a hold of someone I thought for a second it was Horton & I heard about that fight in Jr they had. I said "Oh dung who does Stuart have a hold of, I hope to God it's not Horton! Oh good it's Ference!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good post Chowdah.  Agree 100% with everything you posted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Showing the love:
    Daniel Paille showed what likely made him a first round pick....he was nothing short of excellent last night along with Thornton and Campbell...maybe the Bruins better give him more ice time and I agree with Marchand ousting Recchi. Maybe sitting Recchi on a rotating basis might not be a bad idea when no one is sidelined .
    Posted by saultont

Paille was real good last night, as were most Bruins. Watching his effort last night made me think, if he could play like that on most nights, it would difficult for Julien to keep him out of the lineup

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Showing the love:
    Just a few thoughts regarding last night's game 1) Let's show the love for Dan Paille ! He has been beaten up on this forum ( deservedly so ) because of his awful play. Last night he was one of the better Bruin forwards. He blocked shots , had a strong forechecking game, skated hard and actually handled the puck like it wasn't a hot potato ( made some nice passes ). At least for one game it was nice to see him play well.  2) Shawn Thornton. Maybe the Bruins should have his parents at all of the Bruins games.  3) Tim Thomas . It was good to see a win from the Bruins where he wasn't the main factor in them winning. He was solid but didn't have to stand on his head for them to win. 4) 4th line minutes. Ice time should be dictated on performance . If a line is playing good at the time who cares what they are labelled as ( a 4th line ). Last night was good ! A solid win with the team playing the way we all want them to play ! Let's hope it continues . P.S. Was anyone else thinking this when the brawl was on ? Horton, don't hurt your hand . Savard, just hold on .     
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Nice to see Bergeron on an offensive roll as of late.Starting to add some offence to his outstanding defensive game.Seems like he's creating scoring chances every shift.

Sections
Shortcuts