Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

The team doesn't play for you...you play together as a team.  If they screw up on coverage, then you need to stop the puck.  Call Timmay so he can tell you how to make the big save.  You looked like an AHLer on Weise's goal.

Make the big save for your team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

Rask needs to be sharper for sure, but so does the defensive zone coverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

The D let in 2 clean breakaways, you can't single out Tuukka on the blame there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The D let in 2 clean breakaways, you can't single out Tuukka on the blame there.

[/QUOTE]

Breakaways are not guaranteed goals.  That's why Rask stands between the pipes.  Weise?  A fourth line journeyman??...you have to stop that puck.  Stop the puck and it will spark the team.  If the Bs start thinking that they can't rely on Rask, they will play scared and lose their focus...which is exactly what is happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:[QUOTE] The D let in 2 clean breakaways, you can't single out Tuukka on the blame there. [/QUOTE]

The "Bill Buckner effect" always look to point a finger at one player. Typical mentality and very sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MDsizzle's comment:[QUOTE] The D let in 2 clean breakaways, you can't single out Tuukka on the blame there. [/QUOTE]

The "Bill Buckner effect" always look to point a finger at one player. Typical mentality and very sad.

[/QUOTE]

Good way of putting it Sandog,and so true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It certainly would be nice to have Rask make a huge save in those spots.  He's not been at his best.  I expect him to stop Dale Weise, even on a breakaway.

But those were bantam level turnovers/breakaways by the Bruins, in what should be a tightly-checked defensive system.  Blame is on everyone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It certainly would be nice to have Rask make a huge save in those spots.  He's not been at his best.  I expect him to stop Dale Weise, even on a breakaway.

But those were bantam level turnovers/breakaways by the Bruins, in what should be a tightly-checked defensive system.  Blame is on everyone. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I agree, the Bs had their heads up their a $ $ all night, but make a big save and it will spark the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

what amazes me is how the Bruins can be in the Habs end, apply extreme pressure, and in a second, the Habs turn it up the other way and pot a goal. And yes, if Tuuka saves one of those two break aways.......might have been a different outcome. Momentum swings are huge in these games...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Rask has sucked this series!!

The first 2 goals last night were shot into open nets!

He needs to step up or we are done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, the Scabs are good counterpunchers.  It's how you have to play against the Bruins because they are generally air tight on D (not so last night - blown coverage on the Plekanec goal, blown coverage on the Subban goal...).  You know the Bruins are going to settle in and grind you down at least three or four times a game, and they'll be setting up that cycle all night.  If you can get one or two quick strike chances, you might slow down the cycle, and if you score all the better.

Right now, Rask is losing one on one battles.  He's not freezing the puck as effectively as he usually does, and that's a function of where the Scabs are shooting when they aren't in great scoring positions or when there's no traffic - away from the glove, low, into the feet, the pads, the blocker.  Tuukka does need to be better - not because he's been bad but because they need him to make the huge save and sink some of the Scab confidence which is, frankly, way too high.

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I hate to say it but it's time to pull Tuuka and go with Chad Ocho Cinco aka Chad Johnson. Tuuka is flustered, distracted (being a new Dad), and has a bad history against this team. Johnson's numbers were equal to Tuuka's and Tuuka has shown me nothing to indicate he'll be any better Thursday. Plus, this will give Montreal something to think about. They don't now much about Johnson, I'm sure. Also, rather than sit Bart I'd put him on the 4th line instead of Caron. He can do no worse, and is twice as fast. We don't have Peverley, Kelly, and Seguin in this series, so we're much slower at forward than when we faced the Habs ion 2011. Also, Please dump Erickson and Caron after the season Peter C!

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate to say it but it's time to pull Tuuka and go with Chad Ocho Cinco aka Chad Johnson. Tuuka is flustered, distracted (being a new Dad), and has a bad history against this team. Johnson's numbers were equal to Tuuka's and Tuuka has shown me nothing to indicate he'll be any better Thursday. Plus, this will give Montreal something to think about. They don't now much about Johnson, I'm sure. Also, rather than sit Bart I'd put him on the 4th line instead of Caron. He can do no worse, and is twice as fast. We don't have Peverley, Kelly, and Seguin in this series, so we're much slower at forward than when we faced the Habs ion 2011. Also, Please dump Erickson and Caron after the season Peter C!

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

[/QUOTE]

Starting Chad Johnson is not going to happen in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

surely you jest....  right?

but what little the sHabs may know about Johnson is that he's no Tuukka....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Starting Chad Johnson is not going to happen in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Rask is the guy, but he needs to MAN UP and stop dissing his teammates by calling them 'stupid mistakes'...they know it.  Stop the freaking puck and let them know you bailed them out.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ah man how many times do I need to repeat . 

The way the bruins team is built vs mtl its a recipe for break sways. Mtl  hasn't seen its last breakaways or 2on 1 ir 3on1 for that matter.  Bruins won't stop it only rask can . Rask makes big money so up to him to prove hrs a money goali.  He hasn't since hrs been in boston.  

I thought rask would be a franchise goali a hen rik type even better but I was wrong he doesn't make enough key saves and too often he loses the tight important games that leads to a series loss . 

He's going though so who knows .

[/QUOTE]

Lunqvist is a franchise goalie and Rask isn't? What has Lundqvist done in the NHL that Rask hasn't?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The way the bruins team is built vs mtl its a recipe for break sways. Mtl  hasn't seen its last breakaways or 2on 1 ir 3on1 for that matter.  Bruins won't stop it only rask can . Rask makes big money so up to him to prove hrs a money goali.  He hasn't since hrs been in boston.  

I thought rask would be a franchise goali a hen rik type even better but I was wrong he doesn't make enough key saves and too often he loses the tight important games that leads to a series loss . 

[/QUOTE]

Lunqvist is a franchise goalie and Rask isn't? What has Lundqvist done in the NHL that Rask hasn't?

[/QUOTE]

Repeating the same crap over and over doesn't make it any more "right" you know. Rask is one of the top goalies in the league, is a Vezina candidate this year and probably should/could have been last season. While we'd all love to see him stone everyone who throws a puck in his general direction, the fact is that sometimes the other guys make their shots.

Right now, the Canadiens are scoring on every good chance they get. It "feels" like they must have a 90% scoring rate per scoring chance (although I know that's not the case). I would submit that the goals Price has let up are probably "softer" than those Rask has let up.

The bottom line is that the B's haven't played "their game" and up to their full potential for more than a few minutes at a time. I don't think Price is in their heads, and I don't think the Habs have their number. They just need to execute their gameplan from the opening whistle.

As for the "Rask shoulda saved that/Weise is a bum" line, remember that these are NHL players, even the "bad" ones can score on a breakaway - heck, look at Shawn Thornton's penalty shot goal two years ago for proof. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Repeating the same crap over and over doesn't make it any more "right" you know. Rask is one of the top goalies in the league, is a Vezina candidate this year and probably should/could have been last season. While we'd all love to see him stone everyone who throws a puck in his general direction, the fact is that sometimes the other guys make their shots.

Right now, the Canadiens are scoring on every good chance they get. It "feels" like they must have a 90% scoring rate per scoring chance (although I know that's not the case). I would submit that the goals Price has let up are probably "softer" than those Rask has let up.

The bottom line is that the B's haven't played "their game" and up to their full potential for more than a few minutes at a time. I don't think Price is in their heads, and I don't think the Habs have their number. They just need to execute their gameplan from the opening whistle.

As for the "Rask shoulda saved that/Weise is a bum" line, remember that these are NHL players, even the "bad" ones can score on a breakaway - heck, look at Shawn Thornton's penalty shot goal two years ago for proof. 

[/QUOTE]

The difference is how many 'sure' goals either goalie has stopped.  That title goes to Price, without a doubt.  And there have been more 'sure' goals than the softies.  Price won game 1.  Rask needs to win one or at least keep the Bs in the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sounds like you are talking about Henrik Lundquist. what key saves has he made to lead the Rangers to absolutely nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rask can play better. I think he will. Would love to see him just steal one in Montreal.

As for Marco, I'm sure he thinks Seg would have stopped those shots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sounds like you are talking about Henrik Lundquist. what key saves has he made to lead the Rangers to absolutely nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly Jerry,Henry hasn't even gotten the Rags to the SC finals.Has he even back stopped the Rags to the Eastern conf final? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

this is better thread to add my comment on Rask:

Bottom line Rask has to steal a game ! You don't want to blame a goalie on breakaways but he needs to bail his team out .  Like he did in game 2 at 3-1.  It's that simple !  Price has done it, stopping 2-3 breakaways all in game1 , that's bailing your team and stealing a game. 

Rask hasn't been all that bad but he hasn't been outstanding and if the Bruins are to win 1 game in Montreal he will have to be the best player on the ice !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Tuukka apologists kill me.  Not only should he have stopped at least one of the breakaways, he also fumbled the puck behind the net that lead to the first goal.  Tuukka makes $4 million dollars more than Krug, Miller, Bartkowski, and Hamilton combined.  I expect mistakes from those young kids and they are paid accordingly.  Tuukka is paid like the best goalie in the league.  Although he certainly hasn't looked like it versus the Habs.  Tuukka's save % in shootouts this year was 29th in the league at .727, even at that average percentage, the matchup should favor the goaltender.  Has the team played up to their standards in front of him, no!  Is anyone blaming it all on Tuukka, no!  However, we all know that a hot goalie in the playoffs can win cups!  Tuukka is very far from hot right now.  He would have been better coming out and saying that he sucked again like he did after game 1 or as the headline reads, shut up and stop the puck.  If Tuukka remains at an .880 save %, whether any of the goals are his "fault", the bruins season is done.   A goalie is on the ice for the entire game and therefore will get more credit and more criticism than probably deserved, it is the nature of that position.  They can impact a game like no other player can.  He, along with most others on the team need to be better.  Here's to hoping he and the rest of the team play to their potential and find their A game really quick!

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Tuukka apologists kill me.  Not only should he have stopped at least one of the breakaways, he also fumbled the puck behind the net that lead to the first goal.  Tuukka makes $4 million dollars more than Krug, Miller, Bartkowski, and Hamilton combined.  I expect mistakes from those young kids and they are paid accordingly.  Tuukka is paid like the best goalie in the league.  Although he certainly hasn't looked like it versus the Habs.  Tuukka's save % in shootouts this year was 29th in the league at .727, even at that average percentage, the matchup should favor the goaltender.  Has the team played up to their standards in front of him, no!  Is anyone blaming it all on Tuukka, no!  However, we all know that a hot goalie in the playoffs can win cups!  Tuukka is very far from hot right now.  He would have been better coming out and saying that he sucked again like he did after game 1 or as the headline reads, shut up and stop the puck.  If Tuukka remains at an .880 save %, whether any of the goals are his "fault", the bruins season is done.   A goalie is on the ice for the entire game and therefore will get more credit and more criticism than probably deserved, it is the nature of that position.  They can impact a game like no other player can.  He, along with most others on the team need to be better.  Here's to hoping he and the rest of the team play to their potential and find their A game really quick!

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

[/QUOTE]

^

^

^
    What he said.

Sections
Shortcuts