Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

Psych job.  Bruins were a tight ship all year, and are now playing tight, or uptight.  Don't discount Montreal gamesmanship or coaching either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Psych job.  Bruins were a tight ship all year, and are now playing tight, or uptight.  Don't discount Montreal gamesmanship or coaching either.

Which brings me to my next point:  Is anyone watching tapes from the regular season to figure out a strategy.  The game Montreal plays is the same they played all season!!  Think out of the box, Jules...come on man!  Stop rolling the 4th line when you are down 2 goals!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

A month or so ago the Bruin's defense was allowing frequent breakaways but Rask was stopping almost all of them. Back then those defensive lapses were worrisome but nothing was done at the time to correct them. Now we see the consequences of not cleaning that up. It's crazy to beat up on Rask for the poor defensive play of his back line. The blame has to be shared by the whole team and by Julien.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to diz420's comment:

The team doesn't play for you...you play together as a team.  If they screw up on coverage, then you need to stop the puck.  Call Timmay so he can tell you how to make the big save.  You looked like an AHLer on Weise's goal.

Make the big save for your team.

Yawn. Tim Thomas was a lot worse in some games in the 2011 run than tuukka was last night

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

The team doesn't play for you...you play together as a team.  If they screw up on coverage, then you need to stop the puck.  Call Timmay so he can tell you how to make the big save.  You looked like an AHLer on Weise's goal.

Yawn. Tim Thomas was a lot worse in some games in the 2011 run than tuukka was last night

Yeah, but he made up for it in games that mattered, didn't he?  Think Gionta on that 2 on 1 in overtime Game 7...ya think Tuukka would have stopped that one?  Still waiting to see what Tuukka can do but so far, Price has done what a goalie needs to do in the playoffs; steal some wins or keep your team in when they make mistakes...go back to sleep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Maybe the B's were to overconfident... I think they should play defense first and act "scared".  This will give the habs confidence and they will start pressing and take offensive chances which opens them up and it gives us the chance to counter attack with open ice.  Always works.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Yeah, but he made up for it in games that mattered, didn't he?  Think Gionta on that 2 on 1 in overtime Game 7...ya think Tuukka would have stopped that one?  Still waiting to see what Tuukka can do but so far, Price has done what a goalie needs to do in the playoffs; steal some wins or keep your team in when they make mistakes...go back to sleep.

Bad, bad, example. Looked great live, but take another look and gionta practically shot it far post. Tuukka saves that. Nearly all goalies save that. It was a poor shot. I'll give credit to Timmy for two game 7s. He kept them in it. He also single handedly lost a couple against Tampa. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It certainly would be nice to have Rask make a huge save in those spots.  He's not been at his best.  I expect him to stop Dale Weise, even on a breakaway.

But those were bantam level turnovers/breakaways by the Bruins, in what should be a tightly-checked defensive system.  Blame is on everyone. 

This is where I am at.  Needed a big save, would have loved a big save, didn't get it.  That said, really unfair to blame Rask when the breakdowns lead to 2 breakaways and an empty net.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rask needs to play better, I don't care if they were breakaways, he needs to stop one of them. This is the time of year when goalies need to step up...Price has...the only goals we score off that guy bounce off the organ player before they go in...he is stopping all the one's he should and many of the one's he shouldn't. Rask is not. When I'm watching the games now I get the feeling that any shot can go in on us...in the series against Detroit I got the feeling no shots were going to go in. That better change quick or this thing will be over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Rask needs to play better, I don't care if they were breakaways, he needs to stop one of them. This is the time of year when goalies need to step up...Price has...the only goals we score off that guy bounce off the organ player before they go in...he is stopping all the one's he should and many of the one's he shouldn't. Rask is not. When I'm watching the games now I get the feeling that any shot can go in on us...in the series against Detroit I got the feeling no shots were going to go in. That better change quick or this thing will be over.

How quickly things change after one game. Price was getting called out after game 2 for not making the one big save when it counted most.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

How quickly things change after one game. Price was getting called out after game 2 for not making the one big save when it counted most.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Kelvana, you took the words right out of my mouth....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Rask better has a huge game 4 or else he is out of Boston in a blockbuster trade with Columbus or NYI

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where was Thomas on the 2009 breakaway, against Carolina, that ended the year ?

How about 2012 against Washington ?

Pretty short memories. Didn't blame Thomas then not blaming him now.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Rask better has a huge game 4 or else he is out of Boston in a blockbuster trade with Columbus or NYI

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

Please stop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Which brings me to my next point:  Is anyone watching tapes from the regular season to figure out a strategy.  The game Montreal plays is the same they played all season!!  Think out of the box, Jules...come on man!  Stop rolling the 4th line when you are down 2 goals!

All season ?? how about the last 3 seasons.  They force you to make mistakes and then capitalize . Nothing new here . I don't get why everyone is surprised at this tactic that's the way they've been the past 3 seasons against the Bruins.  Also they box you out and block shots .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe but if you recall down 0-2 , game 3 in Montreal, 1st period there was an onslaught in the Bruins end for the whole period and Thomas stood on his head and kept the game close.  That game if it weren't for TT maybe Bruins don't win the cup. 

anyway I don't want to compare the two.  Rask will have to find his way .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It certainly would be nice to have Rask make a huge save in those spots.  He's not been at his best.  I expect him to stop Dale Weise, even on a breakaway.

But those were bantam level turnovers/breakaways by the Bruins, in what should be a tightly-checked defensive system.  Blame is on everyone. 

Hallelujah Fletch. I watched the game from a gigantic joint called WEGZ in Vaughan, Ontario. Just outside of the GTA. Bills itself as a stadium sports bar. I walk in and it was as if it were a Habs stronghold. Their jerseys all over the place. Stooges shouting the series was over when it was 2-0. I'm saying "What!? It's a 3 game series?"

The Bruins' D-scheme sprang leaks. We all saw it. Rask hasn't been his usual all-world form. It's as if Montreal puts teams in a trance to play their style, in effect taking the other team out of their's. The series will shift back to Boston even at 2-2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The way the bruins team is built vs mtl its a recipe for break sways. 

/QUOTE]

How so ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

A month or so ago the Bruin's defense was allowing frequent breakaways but Rask was stopping almost all of them. Back then those defensive lapses were worrisome but nothing was done at the time to correct them. Now we see the consequences of not cleaning that up. It's crazy to beat up on Rask for the poor defensive play of his back line. The blame has to be shared by the whole team and by Julien.

Very good post ... trout absolutely. True.When we won 4-1 vs  mtl and  i said bruins would score first in the 2nd period and also win game and they did but we gave up few breakways and rask stopped them all and I felt thst rask Will not save those in playoffs vs mtl and he hasn't.  Juli err  With his apparent air tight defence did nothing to correct it. Some worship this style well this style is supposed to contain opposition and its not. Truly I find his style so overated. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

The way the bruins team is built vs mtl its a recipe for break sways. 

/QUOTE]

How so ? 

How so... they are slow and they cannot catch upon the transition.  Mtl are quick. Mtl has breaks every game boston?

Mtl forwards are not contained at all . Its not the end of ther breaks that includes 2on 1  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm not blaming Rask for anything, but he does need to step up to his A game like he did against Detroit. I think what some people here are saying that he just needs to make that save like he did against Lupal last year in Game 7 in O.T before Bergeron won it. He stopped Abdelkeder in game 4 in OT on a breakaway before Iginla scored. He should've stopped Weise. PK made a nice move on his breakaway I don't blame him for that one. He needs to be that goalie that had 14 saves in the 1st period against the Habs in the B's only regular season win against them. He stopped 3 breakaways in that game. 2 by the Canadiens 39 goal scorer. The Bruins need that Rask to win this series. The Canadiens will get their chances, but the Bruins have an elite goalie who gets paid like one. He needs to be one that's the bottom line. So far he hasn't been in this series. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

“Our last game for me was a game of frustration," he said. "You can get into all of those details, but it’s a game of inches that you can dissect any way you want. I think Tuukka Rask is maybe one of the top two goalies in the world, so I expect him to play well. He’s one of many that need to play better."  

The he in this quote is Peter Chiarelli!  Interesting that his comments sound similar to those of us that are not Rask apologists.

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I dont think anyone is disagreeing that Rask needs to play better, its not on just him though.  The whole team (outside of Bergeron) needs to be better. No one player is at fault.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I dont think anyone is disagreeing that Rask needs to play better, its not on just him though.  The whole team (outside of Bergeron) needs to be better. No one player is at fault.

I think some posters here think that Rask is beyond reproach and look to place more blame on defensive breakdowns than on their binky.  Seguin was expendable in some fans minds because his playoff production was not comparable to his salary.  Well, right now Tuukka's production is not comparable to his highest salary on the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

MeanE the big debate and what some are not understanding is we're not saying Rask is no good or hasn't played well in these playoffs (numbers don't lie) , it's he needs to be better , he needs to rob the Habs with great saves . Like Nite mentions he did in the 1st period they played in Mtl this season.  The 2nd and 3rd then was all Boston in that game .

Bottom line I don't care if the score is 4-4 and he let in a bad one or two the Bruins are tied on the scoreboard , it's the last save that counts. If he does that then Rask has done his part .

Sections
Shortcuts