Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

Re: Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

Maybe CJ needs a Reggie Dunlop bounty for game 4?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He better play great tonight!!!!!

His playoff record isn't great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Hallelujah Fletch. I watched the game from a gigantic joint called WEGZ in Vaughan, Ontario. Just outside of the GTA. Bills itself as a stadium sports bar. I walk in and it was as if it were a Habs stronghold. Their jerseys all over the place. Stooges shouting the series was over when it was 2-0. I'm saying "What!? It's a 3 game series?"

The Bruins' D-scheme sprang leaks. We all saw it. Rask hasn't been his usual all-world form. It's as if Montreal puts teams in a trance to play their style, in effect taking the other team out of their's. The series will shift back to Boston even at 2-2.

I'm pretty sure Dez had one of those during the game.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

How so... they are slow and they cannot catch upon the transition.  Mtl are quick. Mtl has breaks every game boston?

Mtl forwards are not contained at all . Its not the end of ther breaks that includes 2on 1  

The breakaways in game 3 had nothing to do with speed.  They were mental errors.  The Bruins' dmen need to know where the Habs' forwards are and need to know when a penalty is coming to an end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

He better play great tonight!!!!!

His playoff record isn't great

Rask's playoff record isn't great?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

How so... they are slow and they cannot catch upon the transition.  Mtl are quick. Mtl has breaks every game boston?

Mtl forwards are not contained at all . Its not the end of ther breaks that includes 2on 1  

The breakaways in game 3 had nothing to do with speed.  They were mental errors.  The Bruins' dmen need to know where the Habs' forwards are and need to know when a penalty is coming to an end.

Well said GNB.

Hit them in every area of the ice, make them pay for coming near the net. When the B's impose their physical game the Habs will not win.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

in a type of defence we execute that is not supposed to happen. bad passes ok but positional hockey i thought was supposed to be our forte . Their speed is a factor. i am thinking of Det series do not recall them having these breaks .

Abdelkader in OT had a breakaway.  A couple of breakaways from players coming out of the penalty box are mental lapses. Nothing more. Habs get a lot of their odd man rushes on pressuring the B's defenseman, clogging the shooting lane, blocking the shots and generating odd man rushes as forwards are stuck down low. These are mental errors as well. Look no further than Meszaros shot attempt off of his back foot that was blocked, turned into a goal. That's all mental, no shot on net, just get the puck down low.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

M'kay.

Regards,

-Tuukka

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Abdelkader in OT had a breakaway.  A couple of breakaways from players coming out of the penalty box are mental lapses. Nothing more. Habs get a lot of their odd man rushes on pressuring the B's defenseman, clogging the shooting lane, blocking the shots and generating odd man rushes as forwards are stuck down low. These are mental errors as well. Look no further than Meszaros shot attempt off of his back foot that was blocked, turned into a goal. That's all mental, no shot on net, just get the puck down low.

Habs are also placing a guy exactly up high, when the B's are in the Habs zone, for the expressed purpose of looking for a breakaway outlet pass from their D once the puck has been retrieved. Therrien knows the B's D is aggressive and is trying to exploit it. So far, the B's have not adjusted well to this because that means a significant part of their game plan (using the D up high on the attack) would have to be scrapped.

So, these breakaways are less about blown coverage or D breakdowns than the Habs exploiting a major hole in the B's defense schema.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Habs are also placing a guy exactly up high, when the B's are in the Habs zone, for the expressed purpose of looking for a breakaway outlet pass from their D once the puck has been retrieved. Therrien knows the B's D is aggressive and is trying to exploit it. So far, the B's have not adjusted well to this because that means a significant part of their game plan (using the D up high on the attack) would have to be scrapped.

So, these breakaways are less about blown coverage or D breakdowns than the Habs exploiting a major hole in the B's defense schema.

BINGO!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tuukka answered the bell like i knew he would and could,battled Price all the way and won.I['ve had enough of the CBC announcers already and its only game #4,have to block out Healy as he is nauseating,even after Rask shut out he Scabs all stunned Healy & Simpson could talk about was Price,pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Tuukka answered the bell like i knew he would and could,battled Price all the way and won.I['ve had enough of the CBC announcers already and its only game #4,have to block out Healy as he is nauseating,even after Rask shut out he Scabs all stunned Healy & Simpson could talk about was Price,pathetic.

Unfortunately, that's their job....pumping the tires of the players on the only Canadian team left in the playoffs. I am fine with it as long as Rask remains solid for the rest of the series.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think he answered the thread starter's challenge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I heard Healy on the radio with Bob McCowen wednesday night.  I think he thought the Habs had won the series.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Unfortunately, that's their job....pumping the tires of the players on the only Canadian team left in the playoffs. I am fine with it as long as Rask remains solid for the rest of the series.....

I totally understand that but as so called hockey analysts and i use that term very lightly,they could at least give credit where credit is due,i would think that would be part of their job description as well.Maybe i'm just too sensitive,sniff sniff. ;-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

Thank you Tuukka...you did exactly what you HAD to do...well done....keep it up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I heard Healy on the radio with Bob McCowen wednesday night.  I think he thought the Habs had won the series.  

Yeah,after Fraser scored,nary a word from Healy & Simpson,both had their pie holes sewed shut,silence,it was music to my ears.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I totally understand that but as so called hockey analysts and i use that term very lightly,they could at least give credit where credit is due,i would think that would be part of their job description as well.Maybe i'm just too sensitive,sniff sniff. ;-)

Ha! Remember the 2011 Bruins-Van series? The CBC team was just ridiculous. They usually are with the B's no matter the series actually....they have a real hate on for the spoked B. Funny that the B's actually have more Canadian players on their roster then that Habs. Oh well....we can drink their tears too when the B's win this as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Ha! Remember the 2011 Bruins-Van series? The CBC team was just ridiculous. They usually are with the B's no matter the series actually....they have a real hate on for the spoked B. Funny that the B's actually have more Canadian players on their roster then that Habs. Oh well....we can drink their tears too when the B's win this as well.

I remember it like it was yesterday,actually listening to them do the B's game you can just switch the Scabs for the Nucks and it's exactly the same.I really believe they do have a hate on for the B's,no idea why they would but even when the B's play an another American based team,they seem to be clearly favouring the other team.Did the B's ever cut Healy & Simpson or one of their relatives,haha,who knows. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I remember it like it was yesterday,actually listening to them do the B's game you can just switch the Scabs for the Nucks and it's exactly the same.I really believe they do have a hate on for the B's,no idea why they would but even when the B's play an another American based team,they seem to be clearly favouring the other team.Did the B's ever cut Healy & Simpson or one of their relatives,haha,who knows. 

Maybe they figure working with former Bruins coach Cherry is enough  B's love and are trying to balance the scales in their eyes......lol. Who knows.

Check this out, the first reference in any media that the B's actually do have an element of speed to their game:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451688" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451688

Maybe that stupid narrative of "speed/skill (Habs) vs. brawn (B's)" is finally dying. You don't  win the Presidents Trophy and beat the Wings in 5  without an element of speed and skill to your game.....could the media finally be catching on?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In 2011, I felt like Maguire and the whole NBC production team favored Vancouver and had a Canucks bias. But I've noticed on the Habs v. B's broadcasts, seems much more balanced. Maguire will point out a good non-call or how great a B's player on a play just as he would a Canadian. And with Al Albert on the broadcasts, so much more tolerable than the boorish narrative of Emrick, who needs to retire.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Did anyone else catch it when Healey complimented how intelligent Galagher was when he tripped Chara before a faceoff when the ref wasn't looking.  Meanwhile they keep saying how dirty Marchand is for doing the same type of things.  Then they talk about the hab's skill all night.  Really? Apart for a few who do they have more skilled than our top 9 forwards?  Do these guys realize how big of idiots they are?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

In 2011, I felt like Maguire and the whole NBC production team favored Vancouver and had a Canucks bias. But I've noticed on the Habs v. B's broadcasts, seems much more balanced. Maguire will point out a good non-call or how great a B's player on a play just as he would a Canadian. And with Al Albert on the broadcasts, so much more tolerable than the boorish narrative of Emrick, who needs to retire.

Yah McGuire just has a crush on Sidney Crosby and his Pens.  I remember a game where Crosby tried to dump the puck in the corner and it deflected off the shaft of an opposing defenseman right to his own player on the other side of the rink who went in and scored.  McQuire kept on saying he meant to do that.  Brutal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

NBC has been much more balanced then CBC but I guess that goes without saying. If I have to listen to homerism all night I would rather it be Jack and Brick :)

Sections
Shortcuts