Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Shut up Tuukka and stop the puck

In response to mattbs' comment:

Then they talk about the hab's skill all night.  Really? Apart for a few who do they have more skilled than our top 9 forwards?  

Got to agree with this. B's really do have more "skill" players on the whole. Two 30 goal guys, a Selke nominee, first line center with more regular season points than anyone else on either team, and a third line with a former 30 goal guy and a center who racked up almost 50 points despite a slow start to the year.  Hate that speed-skill vs. brawn bulls**t dichotomy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Did anyone else catch it when Healey complimented how intelligent Galagher was when he tripped Chara before a faceoff when the ref wasn't looking.  Meanwhile they keep saying how dirty Marchand is for doing the same type of things.  Then they talk about the hab's skill all night.  Really? Apart for a few who do they have more skilled than our top 9 forwards?  Do these guys realize how big of idiots they are?

Obviously not,i guess they didn't look at who the finalists were for the major NHL trophies this year,like the Scabs have none.The guys on CBC really are idiots,i for one am so happy they will be out of the hockey business in  4 yrs.Hopefully none of the other sports networks hire Healy when he is looking for work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I would take NESN or NBC any day of the week over CBC,unfortunately i have no choice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Healy is right there with Subban on my hate list. I agree as a Bruins fan CBC is tough to listen to in terms of the near total spin/habs love.  Otherwise though they're the best in my books. NESN is the most enjoyable for me for Bruins games but not NBC, they're at the bottom of my list.

Regarding the original thread topic, Tuukka most often speaks quite freely/loosely and doesn't filter every word he speaks which is refreshing. He takes on lots of blame and was not throwing his mates under the bus with the comments referred to. Although it's the type of thing that would have made for an article between games 2 and 3 given how writers (and I use the term loosely) make much ado about nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Did anyone else catch it when Healey complimented how intelligent Galagher was when he tripped Chara before a faceoff when the ref wasn't looking.  Meanwhile they keep saying how dirty Marchand is for doing the same type of things.  Then they talk about the hab's skill all night.  Really? Apart for a few who do they have more skilled than our top 9 forwards?  Do these guys realize how big of idiots they are?

When I heard Healy on the radio with McCowan, he said he doesn't know how Marchand gets away with all the crap he does.  He was wondering how the referees were missing all the penalties.  He said Marchand could easily get four penalties a shift.  I hate Healy.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

When I heard Healy on the radio with McCowan, he said he doesn't know how Marchand gets away with all the crap he does.  He was wondering how the referees were missing all the penalties.  He said Marchand could easily get four penalties a shift.  I hate Healy.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

I hate healy as well but he isnt completely off base on this.  Marchand has mastered the art of walking the line.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I hate healy as well but he isnt completely off base on this.  Marchand has mastered the art of walking the line.   

But we're not talking Matt Cooke here.  And I see Subban doing a lot of the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, it's shupe!

Marchand is a greasy little weasel, but the thing is, if they called every little nip and dig he does, the whole game would be played 3 on 3 because they'd have to call those little digs on every other guy on the ice - all the little leg locks after you get hit and the arm locks when a guy takes you into the boards, and the little nudges with the elbow to create some separation.  We accept all that as hockey.  I do, anyway, and I think any player who has had any success whatsoever with the possible exception of Mary O'Lemieux has just played through it.  Marchand isn't different in kind the way the Rat was; he's different in volume.

As for announcers, I do notice a heee uuuuge difference in the way Boston games are called pre and post Cup 2011.  Pre-Cup, as people have pointed out, every broadcast was about the other team and what a great team they were, and then how Boston rolled four lines and didn't have any stars but Chara and Thomas, but even Thomas was really a flake novelty goalie who no one thought could really win a Cup.  Ball wash for the fancy passing of the Sedins.  Ball washing for the superstars in Tampa - how will the Bruins ever match up against the firepower of Lecavalier, St Louis and Stamkos!  Short lived ball wash for the Flyers - well, they came back last year!!!  And pretty much exactly the same ball wash for Montreal as we've heard this year - quick strike, speed, faster, tradition, in the Bruins heads, '71, '79....  Basically, marketable teams with Stars on the cover of NHL 20XX will have more viewers who want to hear how great their team is.  It has nothing to do with providing real commentary.  There's probably a producer who says "we need more fluff on Crosby and how he gets his lips to look like liver - Pierre, are you on it?  Well get on it!"

Now the Bruins have a number of marketable, widely recognized (in hockey) players - Bergeron for sure (it's the year of Bergeron - vote for him on the NHL2015 box!...or don't, I really don't care - Chara still, Lucic, Iginla, Rask, etc.  Marchand is widely known.  But more importantly, it's an easy story to talk about how good the best team in hockey in the regular season just happens to be, so the Bruins don't have to play with dirty balls any more.

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So has Gallagher and Healy has nothing but praise for his "walking the line" artistry. I think that is why this came up...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

So has Gallagher and Healy has nothing but praise for his "walking the line" artistry. I think that is why this came up...

Yeah,according to Healy Gallagher's a darling and Marchand is a rat,not much bias there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yeah,according to Healy Gallagher's a darling and Marchand is a rat,not much bias there.

Every team has one...at least neither are on the level of Matt Cooke. I would hate him even if he were a Bruin....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I dont think anyone is disagreeing that Rask needs to play better, its not on just him though.  The whole team (outside of Bergeron) needs to be better. No one player is at fault.

I think some posters here think that Rask is beyond reproach and look to place more blame on defensive breakdowns than on their binky.  Seguin was expendable in some fans minds because his playoff production was not comparable to his salary.  Well, right now Tuukka's production is not comparable to his highest salary on the team.

He leads in all goaltending categories. What more should the top paid guy do? Please enlighten us all if you ever figure it out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He leads in all goaltending categories. What more should the top paid guy do? Please enlighten us all if you ever figure it out.

1.67 gaa, .941 sv%, 2 shutouts. Those are Conn Smythe numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1.67 gaa, .941 sv%, 2 shutouts. Those are Conn Smythe numbers. 

I had so much fun with Shab fans last night on HFBoards. They are so desperate, to have anyone who will listen, that Price is better and that Rask was not Vezina worthy.

"The Canadiens are in Tuukka's head"

Can now be shoved up McGuire's A** even more! TSN please take him back LoL

PS. Alberts will proudly proclaim the Bruins 2011 PP stats 3 more times a game...he stinks. I wanted Gord Miller to call this series so badly. He is the best going and no one is even close!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I had so much fun with Shab fans last night on HFBoards. They are so desperate, to have anyone who will listen, that Price is better and that Rask was not Vezina worthy.

"The Canadiens are in Tuukka's head"

So true!! Same with TSN and NHL.com boards as well. Detractors spend so much time rambling on and on about Rasks regular season record against the Habs and how Price is a god (just look at his Olympic performance after all...lol). Yet they forget that Price has only won 2 (yes 2) playoff rounds his entire career. Rask has gone to the finals at least as a starter. Rose colored glasses....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont think Gallager does anything close to what Marchand does.  Marchand is the master.  I do think they follow marchand around now bc of this.  I dont like the after the whistle stuff.   The in game stuff i dont have issue with unless its completely bush league.   Its funny but i think he has cleaned his game up.  

As for Rask.....i know he can play better.  Scary thought for those remaining teams.  Esp with the solid numbers hes shown so far.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As for Rask.....i know he can play better.  Scary thought for those remaining teams.  Esp with the solid numbers hes shown so far.  

That's what I like about Rask. Even when he's "sucking" he's still playing better than almost every other goaltender. The numbers don't lie.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

Ah man how many times do I need to repeat . 

The way the bruins team is built vs mtl its a recipe for break sways. Mtl  hasn't seen its last breakaways or 2on 1 ir 3on1 for that matter.  Bruins won't stop it only rask can . Rask makes big money so up to him to prove hrs a money goali.  He hasn't since hrs been in boston.  

I thought rask would be a franchise goali a hen rik type even better but I was wrong he doesn't make enough key saves and too often he loses the tight important games that leads to a series loss . 

He's going though so who knows .

Lunqvist is a franchise goalie and Rask isn't? What has Lundqvist done in the NHL that Rask hasn't?

Kel . The rangers live on henrik .  He carries the team plain and simple

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Kel . The rangers live on henrik .  He carries the team plain and simple

typical Marco, change the subject.  Answer his question.  

What has Lundqvist done in the NHL that Rask hasn't?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I dont think anyone is disagreeing that Rask needs to play better, its not on just him though.  The whole team (outside of Bergeron) needs to be better. No one player is at fault.

I think some posters here think that Rask is beyond reproach and look to place more blame on defensive breakdowns than on their binky.  Seguin was expendable in some fans minds because his playoff production was not comparable to his salary.  Well, right now Tuukka's production is not comparable to his highest salary on the team.

The right now was prior to game 4.  I still contend that had Tuukka made a big save in Game 3 and in his words not sucked in game 1, the series would be over.  System + Tuukka = Cup Favorite.  I want to see Tuukka pick up his team more when the system breaks down.  In game 1 & Game 3 he didn't do it.  His play wasn't commensurate with his talent or pay.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The right now was prior to game 4.  I still contend that had Tuukka made a big save in Game 3 and in his words not sucked in game 1, the series would be over.  System + Tuukka = Cup Favorite.  I want to see Tuukka pick up his team more when the system breaks down.  In game 1 & Game 3 he didn't do it.  His play wasn't commensurate with his talent or pay.

He's led the goaltending categories for the entire playoffs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Gallagher has been a super pest who seems to model his game after Marchand.  He has actually stated that too.  I see all of the same things.  Tugs, slashes, behind the play jabs, and the general initiation of contact with much bigger guys purely to draw the call.  It's annoying.

I don't mind the criticism of Marchand too much.  Or Gallagher.  But, of course to criticize one and praise the other is hopelessly irrational.  I can't imagine how you could watch this series and reach that distinction.

I remain more annoyed with Marchand's play.  Krejci isn't scoring but looks strong in all zones.  Marchand isn't scoring he's terrible in the d-zone.

Obviously I'd prefer that the refs let them play a little, but that ain't going happen tonight.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Get ready for flop city!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

He's led the goaltending categories for the entire playoffs.

Someone recently said that they actually watch the game and not just look at stats or something like that. A couple of shut outs will make ur stats look good in a fewer number of games.  If u want to think he has been worth the money, more power to you.  I tend to think his numbers are more a product of the system.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Get ready for flop city!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

Be nice to see the refs swallow the whistles on Wednesday night. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts