Sign Anton long-term, trade Tuukka

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Sign Anton long-term, trade Tuukka

I called this a year ago.  Khudobin should be the starter and Tuukka should be traded this summer.  Love this guy - don't let him go to the KHL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Sign Anton long-term, trade Tuukka

I think khuds is capable of being a starter here, but really not enough time to hand it over, but i had this strange feeling last night that PC might be weighing his options on it, who wouldnt listen to offers and if rask is demanding a huge payload for next year, kind crazy i know but PC might not have much choice,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Are you guys losing it?  Rask is the number one and isn't going anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Khudobin scares the heck out of me.

His style reminds me of Tim Thomas, and that is not a good thing.

I was a big TT fan, but I understand that he defied the odds with those great seasons, and find it hard to believe that the bruins have managed to clone him, so soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As much as I like Khudobin he was all over the place last night and was lucky a few times. He will indeed either be playing in Russia or a highly paid backup somewhere else. Svedberg has nothing more to prove to me in the AHL and should be given a shot as Rask's beackup next fall.

Khudobin needs to clean up his rebound control before he would ever be a full time starter not to mention his recovery when he's caught out of position.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to inflamedcolon's comment:

I called this a year ago.  Khudobin should be the starter and Tuukka should be traded this summer.  Love this guy - don't let him go to the KHL!!!

Reactionary stuff there.  And if you called this a year ago, that was really foolish since none of us had seen nearly enough of Khudo to so much as make a guess at how he'd be.  We've still only seen, what, 10 games total?  C'mon.

I love the fact that Rask, Khudo, and Svedberg (AHL Player of Month) are looking good.  But we've only seen a reasonable sample size from one of those three -- Rask.

And that sample size has been fantastic.

Don't be such a reactionary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

If Tuukka's contract demands are too high and he's moved in the offseason (I'm not saying he should be), we'd obviously need to resign Khudobin.  If Tuukka does get moved, our keepers would be Khudobin and Svedberg (43 games played in Providence - 2.26 GA and .922 SP), with Subban and ? in Providence?  That would be some serious pressure on some very young keepers, but the future's bright, regardless of whether Rask or Khudobin leave.

PC should decide on Rask v. Khudobin only in the offseaon, according to me.

Anton's finest move last night was a sick almost-save on Ottawa's second goal - he had no business being anywhere near making that save and he came awfully close.  Remarkable!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Khudobin scares the heck out of me.

His style reminds me of Tim Thomas, and that is not a good thing.

I was a big TT fan, but I understand that he defied the odds with those great seasons, and find it hard to believe that the bruins have managed to clone him, so soon.

Funny...watching him flop all over last night I was thinking the same thing, still like him though, definitely exceeding all expectations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

thomas was an alright goalie from what i recall-floppy, lucky.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Rask will be looking for 5mil + per season... and rightfully so.. I would like the B's to sign him to another short term deal to see how Dobi and Svedberg pan out over another year of playing..

If Dobi and N.S. continue to improve, the B's can get a hell of a lot for Rask..with Subban waiting in the wings and another year of 'grooming'.

Please dont take my post as an indication that I dont like Tuukka.. but if you have depth at a position, use that asset to improve at other postions..imho.

BBB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Didn't anyone pay attention to PC when he said years ago that Tuukka will be the goalie of the future (and the future is now) for the Boston Bruins?  If we know a anything about PC, it's that he has his plans and strategies in place and does not waiver from them.  Please no more jackax posts regarding goaltending.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Rask is an RFA come July 1st.

Worst case scenario, PC qualifies him and trades him next deadline....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Dont worry its coming....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Stanley was big move u and Peter were talking about today Redden.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Sign Anton long-term, trade Tuukka ?

And then if Svedberg plays well next year in the backup role ?

Sign Niklas long-term, trade Anton.

Why not just try to keep both ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I just do not know why Boston fans prefer inconsistent goalies to consistent ones.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I gothinking back to the years where we had such bad backups and one name came to mind...Rob Tallas. Then stumbled on to this: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21805800/panthers-suit-up-goaltending-coach-robb-tallas-against-hurricanes

sorry if you all saw this before. I'm not on here every day. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I just do not know why Boston fans prefer inconsistent goalies to consistent ones.

It's not Boston fans, it's Stanley and his cronies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Reactionary stuff there.  And if you called this a year ago, that was really foolish since none of us had seen nearly enough of Khudo to so much as make a guess at how he'd be.  We've still only seen, what, 10 games total?  C'mon.

I love the fact that Rask, Khudo, and Svedberg (AHL Player of Month) are looking good.  But we've only seen a reasonable sample size from one of those three -- Rask.

And that sample size has been fantastic.

Don't be such a reactionary.

A year, wasn't TT the starting goalie with 1-year left on his deal?  Rask was the best back-up in the NHL?  OP called this a year ago, huh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Sign Anton long-term, trade Tuukka ?

And then if Svedberg plays well next year in the backup role ?

Sign Niklas long-term, trade Anton.

Why not just try to keep both ?

Wouldn't they just sign Subban long-term to eliminate the churn?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Well then why do all three boards I post on have the same or a similar thread going on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Well then why do all three boards I post on have the same or a similar thread going on.

It just tells me that there are nitwits everywhere 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

It's premature....so is signing Anton long-term and trading Tuuka. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Wasn't this supposed to happen at Christmas??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Great idea.  Another "stroke of genius" (like trading Andy Moog for Jon Casey, or trading Bill Ranford for Jim Carey).

Sections
Shortcuts