1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Seems like lots of posters can't get enough of telling us all how they "knew the Bruins weren't good enough all along and they just fluked last year's Cup".
    Well now they can sign up on this thread that we'll keep alive for the playoffs, just so they can have a clear oppportunity to say "I told you so" and really mean it (you all missed the chance last year). So, here it is. The Bruins stink or they have a chance to repeat..........?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread

The Bruins are not a fluke. Just going through a bad spell. Put the main roster back on the ice and you have a great team and one that can repeat. Right now they are treading water with the call ups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I didn't know it, but I was worried about it.
    Yes, they have lost players, but just 2 key players.  They are a well balanced team and I don't think they should be losing as much as they are even considering the injuries.  

If they had more in the pipeline from Providence things wouldn't be so bad right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You can't blame injuries. I have decided its either goaltending, defence, bad breaks or a combination of all three. I haven't picked which one it is yet. It would be nice if TT could steal a game to get the B's out of their funk but he seems to be part of the funk.All as i can say is the Bruins better " get the funk out " yeah, yeah!! I say they will right the ship and be ready come playoff time, and yes they WILL make the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread:
    I didn't know it, but I was worried about it. Yes, they have lost players, but just 2 key players.  They are a well balanced team and I don't think they should be losing as much as they are even considering the injuries.   If they had more in the pipeline from Providence things wouldn't be so bad right now.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Interesting how easy it is to forget Savard now that Crosby has a concussion. I always hear how big it is that Pitt can make up for the loss of Crosby. Aside from Crosby's higher skill level, why is his injury more important than Savard's? Both teams lost one of their best players.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Interesting how easy it is to forget Savard now that Crosby has a concussion. I always hear how big it is that Pitt can make up for the loss of Crosby. Aside from Crosby's higher skill level, why is his injury more important than Savard's? Both teams lost one of their best players.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, the difference is that the Penguins have learned to win despite their injuries & the Bruins have not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Dez, the difference is that the Penguins have learned to win despite their injuries & the Bruins have not.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

The Bruins won a Cup without Savard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Dez, the difference is that the Penguins have learned to win despite their injuries & the Bruins have not.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

your talking about this years injuries correct jp? its an aweful small sample cause pitt has been playing without sid for over a year now. if your talking about long term(savards injury) then dez is correct although the bruins used savards money last year to fill out team were correct me if im wrong cause i could be but crosby's injury has kinda held pitt hostage in the sense that he has always been relatively close to return were savard's injury after colorado game last put him indefinitely?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : The Bruins won a Cup without Savard.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I thought we were talking about this year. The Pens were without Crosby, Staal, Neal & Letang for extended time & have not lost a beat. Everyone else has stepped up. Fleury has stolen many games for them. The same obviously can't be said about the B's. Also, you can't really compare losing Crosby to losing Savard. With all due respect to Savard, Crosby is considered by most to be the best player in the world. With that said, would the Bruins be a better team with Savy ? absolutely they would be.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

with the shoddy d the best the goalie can do is keep the team in the game, forget about stealing one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : I thought we were talking about this year. The Pens were without Crosby, Staal, Neal & Letang for extended time & have not lost a beat. Everyone else has stepped up. Fleury has stolen many games for them. The same obviously can't be said about the B's. Also, you can't really compare losing Crosby to losing Savard. With all due respect to Savard, Crosby is considered by most to be the best player in the world. With that said, would the Bruins be a better team with Savy ? absolutely they would be.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Savard had just finished scoring 262 points in 238 games (3 seasons as a Bruin) when he was struck down by Cooke. Crosby had 295 points over the same period. That's an average of only 9 more points per season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Savard had just finished scoring 262 points in 238 games (3 seasons as a Bruin) when he was struck down by Cooke. Crosby had 295 points over the same period. That's an average of only 9 more points per season.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Hard to argue with the stats. I just wish we weren't having this conversation at all. Would be nice to talk about something positive for a change. There is way too much gloom & doom on here right now. Let's hope they right the ship starting tomorrow in Florida. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sign me up for the "I told you so" thread when they turn this thing around. It's coming, as far as I'm concerned, last nights game was rock bottom and it's all uphill from here..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Hard to argue with the stats. I just wish we weren't having this conversation at all. Would be nice to talk about something positive for a change. There is way too much gloom & doom on here right now. Let's hope they right the ship starting tomorrow in Florida. 
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Hard to disagree with anything you've said. Cheers and Go Bruins!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Before this 3 game losing streak, this team showed a pretty darn good compete level against the NYR, TOR, BUFF, so it's there.
    Posted by ipot

Thank you.  I remember reading where Scotty Bowman said slumps were often the result of players unconsciously allowing poor habits to creep into their game.  It would appear the Bruins have done this over the last while especially behind their blueline which used to be where they were efficient.  Now they're sub-par.  Opposition players are regularly parking themselves in front of the crease and grabbing rebounds.  Better the Bruins be in an extended regular season rut than a playoff one. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : I thought we were talking about this year. The Pens were without Crosby, Staal, Neal & Letang for extended time & have not lost a beat. Everyone else has stepped up. Fleury has stolen many games for them. The same obviously can't be said about the B's. Also, you can't really compare losing Crosby to losing Savard. With all due respect to Savard, Crosby is considered by most to be the best player in the world. With that said, would the Bruins be a better team with Savy ? absolutely they would be.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

jp - You're right.  It also hasn't hurt them to have an MVP candidate in Malkin in the lineup. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Whatever. I still saying they're going at least as far as the ECF.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NO NO No, they are basically a very good team, but the problems have emanated from the goal, out thru the defense, and into the 3rd and 4th lines. Claude bears some responsibility for not using Tuuka more frequently. If he had, Timmy would not seem so worn down at this point, and Tuuka would have been sharper[ perhaps] Once the early goals against became more frequent, Some of the defensemen like Chara, Seids and Boychuck tried to do more than their share on the ice, plus Corvo totally forgot his first responsibility and tried to compensate by scoring. Only McQuaid and Ference played a steady , usually mistake free game.As the injurties to Horton, and then Peverly, caused changes in the lineup, only Caron emerged as a beneficial replacement. Claude tried a variety of changes, aimed at tightening the defense and stimulating scoring. Kelly was miscast between Kreji and Lucic and the 3rd and 4th lines were a jumble of misplays. Then " steal a win" Timmy was used repeatedly, and was not as sharp as necessary. Chiarelli felt that his team was solid, so he did not change the mix, but did accede to Claude's request for some "veteran" help. This has turned out to be an imperfect decision tree. It is now Claude's responsibility to right the ship or ask for help and guidance. The return of the injured, Peverly and Rask, may be too late to really help, so Claude needs to create some magic, and Whitefield/Turco/Rolston are not looking like the answers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Hard to disagree with anything you've said. Cheers and Go Bruins!
    Posted by dezaruchi

That's what I like about certain posters on here ( you included ) is that we can agree to disagree about each other's hockey opinions and still have a mutual respect for each other without reverting to name calling or other bickering you see going on here. Cheers to you too !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : jp - You're right.  It also hasn't hurt them to have an MVP candidate in Malkin in the lineup. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Totally agree RHO, Claude doesn't have the luxury of seeing #71 on the bench and tapping his shoulder to send him out on the ice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Count me as a doubter nothing leads me to beleive this team is just going to wake up for the playoffs they have been horrid for over 2 months this is who they are not the team in november. They are really starting to remind me of last seasons red sox team just a buch of fat and happy complacient athletes who think they are much better than they really are. Without super goaltending this team truly sux.  Even our rock chara has been god awful the power play is still brutal. I think thomas is gassed and there is no good reason he has played so many games as he has. The bruins simply arent good enough to over come the injuries. The last thing and the most dishearting thing for me is this teams lack of effort I saw this in October and it worried me but figured it was just a cup hangover. They have won two games in a row one time in the last 2 months sorry guys but our bruins have gone from champs to chumps when you look at their effort over the last 2 months. I can take losing but when the bruins get out worked every game for almost 2 months they have become chumps. Sorry this is a negative post but I call it how I see it. The fan in me hopes they turn it on for the playoffs but the logic side of my brain says it isn;t going to happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

No more Peverley and Horton excuses. Please.  Posted by ipot

How about the Peverley, Horton, Paille, Pouliot, McQuaid, Ference, Rask, Khudobin, Wounded Bergeron reasons?  Like it or not, injuries have played a huge role in personnel and line-up changes with only MacDermid and Sauve (now injured) to call up from Providence.  The team is in shambles and injuries are the largest factor with the occasional non-kicking motion goal allowed thrown in by the Toronto film reviewers - idiots.  Bruins need some bodies back - Peverley, McQuaid, and Rask being the biggest needs, in my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Totally agree RHO, Claude doesn't have the luxury of seeing #71 on the bench and tapping his shoulder to send him out on the ice.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Exactly, jp.  He's got the guys in front of him.  Whomever they are.

Sections
Shortcuts