1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread

I knew they really stunk. I told you so. That's what I've been saying all along. I told you so . PC should have traded for a superstar. I told you so. Julien should have played Caron sooner . Why ? Not because he was playing any good . Because I told you so. Thornton should not be playing. I told you so. Corvo and Pouliot stink. I told you so. TT , Obama and his hip. I told you so.

The Bruins still have a chance to win another cup if they get healthy and play their best hockey at the right time like last year. This might not happen but why am I still hopeful it will ? Because I told you so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Remember how Kaberle, Peverley and Kelly didn't look like the answer?  Remember Ryder getting benched?  That's right.  Claude benched Binky.

Rolston and Zanon can't be judged by their initial contributions - especially when the chemistry that is the key to this team has been mixed up like cheap paint.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Team has lost their way, need to find it....fast. 

Skating game hasn't been there.
    Physical game hasn't been there.
    Compete-level hasn't been there.

Those three symptoms result in the malaise...system breakdowns, no consistent finish, too many mistakes, and seemingly every mistake ending up in your own net.

Significant talent is still there beyond the injuries...looking at Chara, Thomas, Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Marchand, Seidenberg and Seguin to lead this team out of this funk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah the team stinks now. Predictions are for Stanley where one correct makes you the illuminati.  Ok, the goaltending is lousy, the defense and forwards are attempting to find chemistry where a coach likes and believes in maintaining continuity.  So, are the Bs in trouble, well, are Red Wings in trouble?  It is the regular season, where points are given to losers.  Yawn.  Philly was horrible two years ago and barely beat the NYRangers to get in the playoffs.  And what happen? Ha.  Last year the Bs were in seven game series, and won crucial games to advance.  So leave the prognostics to media egoists.  Lastly, the Recchi comments make me laugh, he was a leader, and was crucial in last year's Cup run.  But he was on the Bs two years ago, with all kinds of injuries, and did he lead them to a Cup or glorious victories, nope.  It is a team game, enough of the excuses, play like a team!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

They will make the playoffs. Too many historically significant things would have to happen to make them miss the dance.

Once in, they will go as far as the goaltending takes them. If Thomas is at the top of his game, I say ECF. If he's above average, Round 2. If he stinks, they're out in the first round.

Simple to me. My GUESS would be Round 2. Thomas seems tired.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread:
    [QUOTE]They will make the playoffs. Too many historically significant things would have to happen to make them miss the dance. Once in, they will go as far as the goaltending takes them. If Thomas is at the top of his game, I say ECF. If he's above average, Round 2. If he stinks, they're out in the first round. Simple to me. My GUESS would be Round 2. Thomas seems tired.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    If TT seems tired now, just wait until he has to play every other night in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

yes, I am one of those who has questioned the Bruins talent level, especially on defense, and taken more than my share of crap from some of the posters here. But I take zero pleasure in seeing the team struggle and would never use the phrase 'I told ya so'. But it would make me happy to see folk acknowledge that having a minority and unpopular opinion should not automatically get one tagged as a troll or fair weather fan. A dissenting opinion is just that - an opinion. It is not a betrayal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

With respect to Chara and Lucic going into the boards during practice today, Julien had this to say:
    ''The way our luck's been, you kind of worry at first,'' said Julien. ''But they looked at each other and laughed. That's the way it's been, though ... as soon as someone falls, you think the worst -- and that's not helping us right now.''

I think that's possibly the most telling symptom of what is going on now.  Things have gone bad so long they expect it.  There is no surer way of guaranteeing things will continue to go wrong.  That needs to change before the end of the season.  Perhaps a visit to a hypnotist is in order?

Or more practically, something like a children's hospital.  Something to remind them that the troubles they have are nothing, comparatively speaking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Dez-Have you seen a "Jacobs needs to sell the team" post yet? I think that will mark the true return of the "I told you so" crowd.Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : If TT seems tired now, just wait until he has to play every other night in the playoffs.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Agree. Maybe not physically, but he's clearly in a funk and not the mojo-infused swaggering TT we're used to. The Rask injury really put the pressure on. even though he wasn't at his best, either, there was no mental anxiety in putting him in there down the stretch.

They really have to think big picture here. Even though Turco looked horrible and the subs aren't playing their best, I think Julien still has to give them all more minutes, not less. Sure, they could end up collapsing...but what's the point of limping into the playoffs? Might as well get some guys healthy (Paille, Bergeron, Boychuck, Ference, Thomas all look dinged up). At least that way if they do get in, they have a sporting chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Dez-Have you seen a "Jacobs needs to sell the team" post yet? I think that will mark the true return of the "I told you so" crowd.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

Close.  See the thread about PC with 8m of Cap space and not spending it.
    It was a matter of time. 
    Always the same posters. They were silenced when the Bruins won the cup and were at the top of their game.  The recent malaise has resurrected the Jacob, one and and done , naysayer trolls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Would rather the team stink it up now than in the playoffs so I'm hoping that the Bs come out of the recent malaise.

I think that even with injuries, the Bs just need to have better first periods by skating better and not turning the puck over. Not scoring is ok but letting the other team dictate the pace of play is not.

I love the Bruins and have stood by them with more optimism and enthusiasm in worse times. Not about to bail on this team now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

A bump for all of the experts that have failed to chime in so far...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]A bump for all of the experts that have failed to chime in so far...........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez lets leave the Orr 76' Canada Cup avatar for a few games. I believe that was being used during the Bruins cup run last year...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Dez lets leave the Orr 76' Canada Cup avatar for a few games. I believe that was being used during the Bruins cup run last year...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Nope, I used his Cup ring for that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am about to give up on posting, either it is ego tripping at the gates of hell posts I read or suicide sussy at the helm reads. Does anyone realize the Calgary Flames lost like something like 10 games in a row then went on to win the Cup way back in 89.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread : Savard had just finished scoring 262 points in 238 games (3 seasons as a Bruin) when he was struck down by Cooke. Crosby had 295 points over the same period. That's an average of only 9 more points per season.

295 in 209 1.41 pts per game as opposed to 262 in 238 1.1 pts per game.

Since that point Sid has 189Pts in 131 Gms = 1.44pts per game.

Sid is 10 years younger and your first sample had him from 19 to 21, he has only been getting better even when hurt as his 14 in 9 of this year which is 1.56 pts per game when injured.

Savard is no Crosby, that is for sure, but the loss of Savard has been a harderb battle for the B's. He has never been replaced. As good as Krej, Berg and Seg have become, the B's have not had a decent Pp since Sav went down.  We got a cup without him but it would have been an easier travel with him, imagine the PP working in last years playoffs.

As to the B's of this year.
    Several items are looming big.

1. No replacements for Ryder 18-23=41 --P/O 8-9=17
     and Recchi 14-34=48--P/O 5-9=14
    Pou, Car, Whit Ham, Sauv Camp Rols MacDermid
    19-22=41   Not even close to cutting it.

2.The luck has run out on the injury bug.
    Hort, Pev, Pail, Fer and continuing on.

3. Cj's one track mind is not working, but should be better as we have added Whit to the mix.

4.etc etc etc

This team is in a bad funk right now, short on goals and really short on D.

The diff between now and last year is that really poor decisions and bad plays did not always end up in the back of the net.

TT is not the fault but he is also not make the same decisions as alst year.  Screened goals last year were a minimum as he chose the correct ways to make his peaks thru the D and O and was able to track down the puck.  Have seen him of late bobbing when he should have weaved. Once again it is not all his fault but he does need to pick it up.

Getting beat 6-1 when you outshoot the team 34-17 and the next 17 shots against gives up another 4 goals on a run to another 6-2 loss.

The team had a couple of hard luck losses where I thought they were outplaying the opp only to give up brutal plays that cost goals and wins.

They are not a brutal Stunk team, but if they don't put their heads back on straight, there is a chance of that becoming true.  They have a chance of having home for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs or joining the leafs and habs in playoff obscurity. They are not as strong as last year, but the nucleus is still there to win another.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not enough folks seemed to sign up for this one so I thought I'd keep it active.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Not enough folks seemed to sign up for this one so I thought I'd keep it active.

Keep it up if they lose their first 2 games in the playoffs. I remember the board that night when they were down early in game 3 to the Habs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The NEW SEASON is just about upon us. I'm so stoked for this !!!

Okay, the Bruins haven't being stellar. Last year at this time the Bruins were something like 7-4-4 in the month or March. The team started to gel by the time the playoffs start.

Now. The Bruins have had a few injuries. They did a few player movements, bringing in some new talent on defence. But all season long, it seems to have being an audition of sorts as the roster moves prove. When you have that much player movement it's hard to set a total team chemistry. That is were the leaders of the team have to step it up. We still have something like 8 games left. The only way the Bruins can go and win the Cup again is to work hard. Period. There is enough talent to do this. We have it all. The team just has to gel going into the New Season.  Go Bruins Go and Cup #2 ! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'd be more confident if Horton were 100%

those Game 7 GWGs are huge!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

but they just won 4 of 5? i'm confused? wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

OK Dez. I'll bite for ya. I have allready said they wouldnt make the playoffs this year (thats looking wrong, thankfully). With that being said I still think they go out in the first round. Last night was terrible for both teams, Anahiem looked like a team wanting a better draft pick at this point. There wasnt a single hit the entire night by either team and a ton of gliding around. If they had played a team that cares at all last night it would have been UGLY! A complete NO show versus San Jose and 1 period vs the Kings. I think they have sucked again for 3 games. They happened to win 2 of the 3 somehow.

Hope im wrong Dez. and I get suprised this spring. But I dont see it happening.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You thought that a team with 40 wins through 70 games was going to miss the playoffs. It's hard to take anything you say seriously.

[QUOTE]OK Dez. I'll bite for ya. I have allready said they wouldnt make the playoffs this year (thats looking wrong, thankfully). With that being said I still think they go out in the first round. Last night was terrible for both teams, Anahiem looked like a team wanting a better draft pick at this point. There wasnt a single hit the entire night by either team and a ton of gliding around. If they had played a team that cares at all last night it would have been UGLY! A complete NO show versus San Jose and 1 period vs the Kings. I think they have sucked again for 3 games. They happened to win 2 of the 3 somehow. Hope im wrong Dez. and I get suprised this spring. But I dont see it happening.
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]You thought that a team with 40 wins through 70 games was going to miss the playoffs. It's hard to take anything you say seriously. In Response to Re: Sign Up Here For The "I Knew They Really Stunk" Thread :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

At the time they were no longer first in the NE and what? 5 pts out of the playoffs? on average it takes 95 pts to make the playoffs. They had 83. My guess is that you also thought the red sox would make the playoffs last year as well? I'm a firm believer in consistancy in professional sports play. Like the red sox last year, the bruins this year have not been consistant enough for me. two months of a red hot hockey team doesnt make up for 4 months of below average and this little 4/5 winning streak they have going hasnt got me convinced. 2 of the 4 wins they were terrible in and got lucky that LA couldnt put a puck in the back of the net if thier lives counted on it and Anahiem has packed it in. The first 2 wins vs philly and toronto the bruins were the better team. Not on the west coast though, all 3 games were very bad IMO.

I have said this before, in the last 30 years of NHL hockey name me the team where they won as a suprise that wasnt named montreal canadiens of 85 and 93. The rest of the teams who won since say the mid 70's were not suprises. I would consider this bruins team a suprise, with thier inconsistant play, if they won it.  Someone said Carolina in 2006, but they had 112pts that season. So was no real suprise.

Dont get me wrong, I want to be suprised and I'll be as mad as anyone if they bow out early, as i think they will.

Sections
Shortcuts