silver lining?.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

silver lining?.......

if there is a silver lining re. Savvy's latest set back......Just curious.....Does this mean we can put Savvy on LTIR.... go out (either now or at the deadline), and get a high quality rental player.....stay cap compliant because Savard's salary is off the books....and if Savard recovers....let him "keep recovering" until the playoffs....and ultimately have the high quality rental AND Savard in the lineup come playoff time. I "believe" this may be possible, since the cap doesn't apply come playoff time. Anyone know if this "strategy" would work? If so....may this be a  "silver lining"........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: silver lining?.......

I only want Savard back if he is 100%... for his sake and the teams'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think Savard is coming back this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Savy could be done.  The brain can only take so many of these.  Keith Primeau, Eric Lindros are prime examples. 
    It could be the end of the line. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

having said all that....can we now aquire a rental player that we previously couldn't afford by placing Savard on LTIR?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I feel like kind of a d*ck even considering it that way, but you may have a point.  At the very least, I hope we can replace Savard's talents at the trade deadline.

But, I tend to agree with NAS (without having any actual information), I'm betting that Savard is done for the year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

mac,

I believe if he is placed on LTIR that his money doesnt count against the cap.  Could be wrong...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

hope he feels better...hope he recovers...BUT....PC has to consider that if he is out for a while, it might be an opportunity for a "shopping expedition"...that he didn't have money to go on last week.....and if by some chance Savvy is recovered for the post season...we would essentially have our cake and eat it too. That's all I'm saying....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Damn... I hate even thinking about a potential upside to this, but you may have a point.

I just hope to, someday, see Savard back in Black and Gold and at 100 per cent. If the LTIR can help out the interim, then I guess that's what PC needs to look at very seriousy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

8-15 games if he didn't have his extremely severe prior concussion.  Savard can kiss the season goodbye.  The Bruins rushed him back last year and I would bet will be hesitant to bring him back too early again, given they owe him about $25 million more dollars

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: silver lining?.......:
    [QUOTE]its been described as a "moderate" concussion, most likely he misses between 8-15 games
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    Not with his recent concussion history, it'll be more than that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoubleMinor. Show DoubleMinor's posts

I do believe your cap-math is accurate.  It does lend itself to some interesting speculation....Jerome Iginla perhaps?

What's next for Savvy is anyone's guess.  I had one severe and one moderate concussion from IED blasts while serving in Iraq.  That was about three years ago and I still have symptoms.  You just never know with head injuries.  Of course as a fan I want to see him back and on top of his game; as a fellow human being I hope he really considers what that could mean for his future if he rushes things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Last night i was watching the game on Versus and in between periods the guys doing the intermission report were close with Savy and were saying this could be it for Savy.  I  think atleast he is out for the rest of the year.  The severity of his last concussion will hamper this return.  Bad news for Savy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

macdogcharm,

I was wondering about the cap ramifications too, wrote about that in another post.  Optimistically even if he is ready by March, why not shut him down for the season, then bring him back for the playoffs while using his cap space to bring on another piece to the team?

Definately a silver lining, didn't Philly do that last playoffs? When Gagne came on, then eventually Richards?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I honestly don't think anyone knows a time frame right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll hope for the best, but am definitely fearing the worst.  It's got to be hard to take a look at your family and then think "I want to keep doing this".  He should talk to Pat LaFontaine.

Double Minor, thanks for your service and best of luck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]8-15 games if he didn't have his extremely severe prior concussion.  Savard can kiss the season goodbye.  The Bruins rushed him back last year and I would bet will be hesitant to bring him back too early again, given they owe him about $25 million more dollars
    Posted by LoveTheBruins[/QUOTE]

The Bruins didn't rush him back.  He rushed himself back!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Brian Engblom and Kieth Jones says he's done on Versus so that means he's done ahh Ok. I say he'll comeback for a few games in March then be ready for the playoffs.

I was at the game last night David Krejci did nothing absolutely nothing so you'd better hope Savard comes back because Krejci cannot carry this team niether can Bergeron, Seguin nor Campbell at center.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Brian Engblom and Kieth Jones says he's done on Versus so that means he's done ahh Ok. I say he'll comeback for a few games in March then be ready for the playoffs. I was at the game last night David Krejci did nothing absolutely nothing so you'd better hope Savard comes back because Krejci cannot carry this team niether can Bergeron, Seguin nor Campbell at center.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sorry you didn't catch a better game out there Sandog.  I just can't figure out what is wrong with Krejci.  No confidence or initiative right now.  It's making me crazy because you know how great he can be.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

This is about the same level of concussion that Bergeron's second one was during his return. Savard could well be back in late March in time to get back to form by the playoffs.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: silver lining?....... : Not with his recent concussion history, it'll be more than that
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

SanDog, you sure are pessimistic. Obviously Savard makes the Bruins a better team when he is at his best. He has not been at his best since he returned, plus he missed 23 early games and this Bruins team played fairly well with out him. Hopefully Savard will do what is best for his health and returns to the Bruins when he is ready. The decisions for Chiarelli are now compounded while all Claude can do is go with Seguin or Wheeler. Also, Kreji did play well with Looch and Horton early on, so give them some time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

To answer the question - yes and no.  LTIR relief allows the team to go over the cap, but it does not take the player's salary off the books.  So while they can go over (and have Savard back for the playoffs when there are no cap constraints) it may have ramifications for next year if Marchand, Seguin, Kampfer, or McQuaid hit any bonuses.  If it looks like they could cause a significant overage this year, some serious thought has to be given to whether a rental is worth it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: silver lining?....... : Sorry you didn't catch a better game out there Sandog.  I just can't figure out what is wrong with Krejci.  No confidence or initiative right now.  It's making me crazy because you know how great he can be.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Krejc hasn't fully recovered from his concussion earlier in the year?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

My understanding of LTIR is if Savard is ready to return in March you can't just keep him off the books because you don't have any cap space. If the doctors deem Savard healthy and ready to play his Cap hit takes effect immediately. Any attempt to deceive the NHL that he is still hurt when he is actually healthy can be construed as circumnavigating the CAP.

I believe this problem occurred last season or the season before with Philly and Glen Metropolit when Simon Gagne came back from one of his injuries. Philly had to waive Metropolit to make room for Gagne's contract and the Habs claimed him off waivers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

[QUOTE]This is about the same level of concussion that Bergeron's second one was during his return. Savard could well be back in late March in time to get back to form by the playoffs. In Response to Re: silver lining?....... :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Bergeron was 24 yrs old and returning after one, be it very severe, concussion. Savard's 33 yrs old and suffered 4 previous concussions.  I think a Paul Kariya type rest is in order for Savard, which is terrible, you really have to feel for the guy.

Sections
Shortcuts