Simon Gagne

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Simon Gagne

Flyers reacquire him from the Kings for a 4th round pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Simon Gagne

Not surprising. The Kings really do not have room for him and his best seasons were with Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

$3.5M a year, so Homer must have put Pronger on LTIR already as CapGeek hasn't updated Gagne on there yet. I would have thought Philly would've gotten help fo that terrible defense. The Loafs gained the line at will last night, just carved the Flyers defense up down low as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

$3.5M a year, so Homer must have put Pronger on LTIR already as CapGeek hasn't updated Gagne on there yet. I would have thought Philly would've gotten help fo that terrible defense. The Loafs gained the line at will last night, just carved the Flyers defense up down low as well.

I expect a big move by Holmgren at the deadline or close to it for this. Timmonen can't do it all for the rest of them back there.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Exactly..Simon Gagne isn't going to fix what ails that team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I would have thought Philly would've gotten help fo that terrible defense. The Loafs gained the line at will last night, just carved the Flyers defense up down low as well.

Exactly..Simon Gagne isn't going to fix what ails that team.

What's your take on the goaltending- 70%, 60%, 50% or 40% of the blame ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What's your take on the goaltending- 70%, 60%, 50% or 40% of the blame ?

I just woke up from a 18 year coma.  Does Philly still look really good up front, but they have a unreliable sieve in net that will prevent them from going all the way? 

Otherwise, it seems like a lot has changed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

bryz hasn't played that bad this year. they need a new blue line. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I just woke up from a 18 year coma.  Does Philly still look really good up front, but they have a unreliable sieve in net that will prevent them from going all the way? 

lol....yep, and this year the goalie problem is being exacerbated by an unusually porous defence. Much like the Roussel/Wregget/Soderstrom era.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment: What's your take on the goaltending- 70%, 60%, 50% or 40% of the blame ?

"Bernie Parent ain't coming walking through that door!" as Holmgren has box of his things exiting the Flyers offices...LoL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

bryz hasn't played that bad this year. they need a new blue line. 

Nah...  

Sure the blueline is bad, but Bryz has a $51 million dollar contract and a .900 save %.  That ranks 28th among goalies this year.

He was awful in the playoffs last year too.  The achilles heel.

At least those two losers (Richards and Carter) they shipped away to make room for his contract didn't run off and win a Cup with a new team.  Oh wait...

Better than fiction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Their defense right now is pretty bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i don't think i could put a percentage on it. Their style of play, Pronger hurt, weak defense and Bryzgalov not performing liked they had hoped in thats what you get.. When i look at the Flyers, who have struggled with goaltenders since the days of Hextall they need a goalie like Thomas ( i know any team would have been better) or even like a Halak or Ryan Miller....Those to me are goalies that can handle any system they are in. Theyre good at making the saves on 2 on1's and 3 on 2's which the Flyers give up alot..It's hard to explain. Bill Ranford and Mike Richter were fantastic at it. Kirk McLean, Jon Casey ans Darren Puppa, not so much..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Their defence sucks, and Bryz is starting to as well. Toronto both outworked and outplayed them last night. It's not looking good in Philly land at this moment. I'm sure they will make another move on the backline real soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

see e-harmony trades do happen.  If someone here would have said the Bruins should trade a 4th for Simon Gagne they would have been ridiculed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When I saw this, I started thinking a deal with Boston might soon follow since media has reported CJ scouting the Flyers recently.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

When I saw this, I started thinking a deal with Boston might soon follow since media has reported CJ scouting the Flyers recently.

how is Julien scouting Philly? Do you have the link?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

sorry, meant PC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

sorry, meant PC

I figured that, was just being a wise guy...thats interesting though. i wonder how they know he was scouting Philly and not the team they were playing. looks like this may be a busy deadline.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

sorry, meant PC

PC was spotted talking to Paul Holmgren in length for the Pens-Flyers game as reported by one of my "can't remember where I heard or read it from" sources.

Edit: Getting old stinks !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

PC is window shopping with both Wsh and and Phl, but the Bruins are in the drivers seat if a deal is to made. Phl. could send a third liner like Talbot to Boston for d man, but only problem bruins can not afford to put a hole in their defense. As for Wsh. Ward or Chimera will fit into the Bruins third line.

Option one:

Talbot, Kelly, Peverly

Option two:

Chimera or Ward, Kelly, Peverly

Yet again it is only window shopping, PC is looking for a deal that will benefit the Bruins. With 8 mill aprox. in cap geek space, the Bruins are not going to rush with a deal.  As for Gagne for a 4th rd. pick that was a risky gamble for Phl. Meaning Phl. will need to move someone, hence the Talbot.

Personally I would like to see Ward on the third line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/source-chiarelli-chats-flyers-gm-holmgren

"It’s the second time that Chiarelli has spent time personally watching the Flyers players as he also was in the press box for Philadelphia’s Jan. 22 game against the New Jersey Devils. It’s no secret that Philly has stumbled out of the gate and needs major defensemen help with the injuries they’ve sustained along their blue line, and that Boston has good NHL depth with seven capable guys on the Boston roster along with at least four able-bodied blueliners (Torey Krug, Matt Bartkowski, David Warsofsky and Zach Trotman) ready to help an NHL club from the AHL level."

I would love one of the Flyers great young forwards but Homer needs a NHL ready defensman. None of the Bruins D prospects are NHL ready even though Krug has been en fuego lately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/source-chiarelli-chats-flyers-gm-holmgren

"It’s the second time that Chiarelli has spent time personally watching the Flyers players as he also was in the press box for Philadelphia’s Jan. 22 game against the New Jersey Devils. It’s no secret that Philly has stumbled out of the gate and needs major defensemen help with the injuries they’ve sustained along their blue line, and that Boston has good NHL depth with seven capable guys on the Boston roster along with at least four able-bodied blueliners (Torey Krug, Matt Bartkowski, David Warsofsky and Zach Trotman) ready to help an NHL club from the AHL level."

I would love one of the Flyers great young forwards but Homer needs a NHL ready defensman. None of the Bruins D prospects are NHL ready even though Krug has been en fuego lately.

The Flyers will want Mcquaid, but what will the Bruins do for his replacement. Johnson big ? and have Krug as the # 7 d man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I know this is a little 'cross-topic' but speaking of picking up ex-girlfriends and the PP...

I was watching the Leafs/Flyers game the other night and saw Knuble planted right in front of Scrivens on the PP. He had his back to the goal and moved laterally as the puck moved around the zone. Scrivens had a heck of a time looking the big guy...

I was thinking to myself 'That's the way to do it Mikey' and wondered why we don't do that more often. Drives the goalie crazy(er) too.

BTW Toronto was 0/3 and Philly was 1/6 - not a bad percentage.

Sections
Shortcuts