Simple solution

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Simple solution

With Peverly on the mends until late March, plus Horton's uncertainty to be ready.
    A few people talked about getting R. Smyth from Edm we trade prospect plus the 4th rd. pick for Smyth. Send Corvo plus conditional pick to the Jets for Oduya ( avg.  +/- while playing with NJD was +15 and avg. shots in the NHL is 57).

The positive point is that Oduya played CJ's style when he was is NJD and will gel into the system quicker then any other d man.

Looch Krejci Smyth
    March Bergy Seguin
    Poulit Kelly (Caron can play this spot until Peverly is NHL ready)
    Paille Camp Thorn

With Horton's uncertainty Smyth can play all roles 1st 3rd line duties PP and PK
    Smyth is a player who shows up for playoff hockey at a 100% level.
    Chara Boys
    Sieds Oduya
    Ference McQuiad

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Re: Simple solution

In Response to Simple solution:
    With Peverly on the mends until late March, plus Horton's uncertainty to be ready. A few people talked about getting R. Smyth from Edm we trade prospect plus the 4th rd. pick for Smyth. Send Corvo plus conditional pick to the Jets for Oduya ( avg.  +/- while playing with NJD was +15 and avg. shots in the NHL is 57).   The positive point is that Oduya played CJ's style when he was is NJD and will gel into the system quicker then any other d man. Looch Krejci Smy th March Bergy Seguin Poulit Kelly (Caron can play this spot until Peverly is NHL ready) Paille Camp Thorn With Horton's uncertainty Smyth can play all roles 1st 3rd line duties PP and PK Smyth is a player who shows up for playoff hockey at a 100% level. Chara Boys Sieds Oduya Ference McQuiad
    Posted by orr4neely8

Not bad. I have to say, I don't completely dislike this proposal, but I'm not convinced that a prospect and a 4th gets Smyth, unless the prospect is someone decent, or that Corvo and a conditional pick will land Oduya, but I think these players would be good pickups for Boston. As long as the price isn't too high.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nothing wrong with your thoughts except, I would put Pouliot on the pine if/when Peverly or Horton return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ryan Smyth is not on the trading block.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

ya nothing wrong with your thoughts except smyth wants to stay in edmonton, and edmonton wants to keep him. they are going to negotiate an extension. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

a) why would EDM want a prospect and a 4th round pick when they already pick in the top 10 overall every year?

b) why would the Jets trade Oduya when they are in the playoff hunt, he's a good player, young, and his cap hit is reasonable? Oh, and Corvo is awful.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

It would take Marchand to get Smyth and Seids to get Oduya. Pass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

yeah I would personally love Ryan Smyth on this team, but it's possible that he wouldn't. He really doesn't want to be traded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Jets have Flood,Jones, Bogo, Enstrom, Oduya, Stuart, Hainsey and Buff... why on earth would they want Corvo?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Simple solution:
    a) why would EDM want a prospect and a 4th round pick when they already pick in the top 10 overall every year? b) why would the Jets trade Oduya when they are in the playoff hunt, he's a good player, young, and his cap hit is reasonable? Oh, and Corvo is awful. Where do people come up with this stuff? It would take Marchand to get Smyth and Seids to get Oduya. Pass.
    Posted by asmaha

I agree with points A & B, but you're hugely over-estimating how much it would take to get smyth. Marchand is not for sale

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

a) why would EDM want a prospect and a 4th round pick when they already pick in the top 10 overall every year? b) why would the Jets trade Oduya when they are in the playoff hunt, he's a good player, young, and his cap hit is reasonable? Oh, and Corvo is awful. Where do people come up with this stuff? It would take Marchand to get Smyth and Seids to get Oduya. Pass.
    Posted by asmaha

Seids wouldn't do it. A win today and the Jets catch the Leafs in points, one point back of third seed. They need someone who can put the puck in the net, not strengthening the D even more. Also, why would Boston consider downgrading their D?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

this is just a bad thread

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

this is just a bad thread
    Posted by bostonfan191646

Agreed.
    Look it's not like the Jets don't have actually quite a lot in their lineup, particularly with pending UFA's and RFA's, that would help the Bruins both short and long term, but any trade with them is going to have send back parts that make equal sense. If they come to a feeling that they're not making it to the playoffs this year, then there is tonnes of help they could give the B's. But a D would not go the other way - think nice young prospects and picks, allowing the team to build  further on their young crop. But Winnipeg does not want a D - no Corvo, no Seids. They have 8 guys as it is who are playing pretty quality D (if you include Buff who is a winger masquerading as a D). They're so deep in that position that Postma and Kulda can't even crack the lineup. But by the end of the day today, they could be tied for 8th spot, so more realistically if you're gonna target Oduya or Jones or Flood, you're gonna have to send back something that will help immediately which is offense, and we don't have any of that to give up right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Oduya has 2 goals & 11 assists on the season. Not exactly lighting it up. Why would we trade Seidenberg for him? Why would we trade anything of serious value for him.

A big no on bringing Jeff Carter. He is a cancer in the locker room. He cares only about himself. His contract is too long. He is soft and is always hurt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

If the Jets are looking for a forward send Caron for Oduya this will solidify the d core. Trade Corvo for what ever pick the Bruins can get. The Oilers are not making the play-offs and Smyth will leave Edm. as a rental and the Oilers mngt. will resign him. Smyth is a guarantee playoff player and will score those important goals. I am not thinking regular season now i am thinking who will bring it on in the play-offs. Or even if Selanne move his NTC would be playoff presence that the Bruins can use.

Looch Krejci Selanne (quick fix power set up and scoring touch) this would be a consistent playoff 2nd line. Selanne will be the that PP scorer we need.
    Overall Selanne or Smyth will be a good choice to be wearing the spokes.
    Peverly with a sprain knee will give problems but will be ready for playoff time.
    Horton will be back from his concussion. My issue sprains and concussions injuries are very unpredictable.The problem is Horton is not gm. ready, Peverly's sprain if every thing goes good will not be an issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

hi. orr4neely, before you go saying stuff with a tone that makes it sound like all but a certainty, why don't you spend 18 seconds on google and figure out that you are completely 100% wrong. then, you won't have to post stupid stuff, and you won't look foolish.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Get rid of Corvo, so everyone says.

Question:  who's gonna take him?

I suspect that other teams have scouts, who watch Bruins games (live or video), and see how Corvo's playing.  Name me a team that would consider Corvo and his $2.25m cap hit an upgrade for them.

To think that Corvo has any trade value at all is folly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Get rid of Corvo, so everyone says. Question:  who's gonna take him? I suspect that other teams have scouts, who watch Bruins games (live or video), and see how Corvo's playing.  Name me a team that would consider Corvo and his $2.25m cap hit an upgrade for them. To think that Corvo has any trade value at all is folly.
    Posted by 49-North

If somebody were to trade for Corvo his salary wouldn't be much of a deterent. They'd only be on the hook for the remainder of the season and then he's an UFA.
    That being said, you still couldn't get much for him. He's not having a career year, that's for sure. It's looking like he's not a fit in CJ's system so theoretically some team may think...hey, he'll do better here and we can swap our underperforming guy with a longer contract and then if Corvo bites here too we let him walk in July. Not sure why the B's would bite on something like that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Simple solution : If somebody were to trade for Corvo his salary wouldn't be much of a deterent. They'd only be on the hook for the remainder of the season and then he's an UFA. That being said, you still couldn't get much for him. He's not having a career year, that's for sure. It's looking like he's not a fit in CJ's system so theoretically some team may think...hey, he'll do better here and we can swap our underperforming guy with a longer contract and then if Corvo bites here too we let him walk in July. Not sure why the B's would bite on something like that.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Agree Walk.  Not a stretch to think a team in need of a 5-6 d-man might want to take a shot at Corvo.  He is affordable, a veteran of over 650 NHL games and right-handed.

The fact that Corvo has struggled to make an impact for the defending Cup champions shouldn't come as a huge surprise. The bar is set pretty high in Boston and it just hasn't worked out.

Gill got a 2nd rounder, Grossman a 2nd/3rd and Kubina a 2nd/4th.  Are these players materially better than Corvo?  Seems like a 3rd/4th rounder is reasonable to assume, the question for PC is that worth it or would it be better to keep Corvo around as this year's Hnidy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually the B's would have b een Ok if any of the three mentioned Gill, Grossman, or Kubina had replaced Corvo. The problem is whether or not one of the Baby B's can replace corvo. Bodnarchuck is available, if Claude will give him a chance. The only time we saw him, two years ago, his skating was Ok; now Cassidy has sent him up, and it's up to Claude to take a risk. Bodnarchuck can't be any worse than the defense we've been watching.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

I  know corvo has been bad lately but him getting shredded apart on these boards is a little unwarranted he still avoids the forecheck pretty well and is  a good skater.. but i do think he just needs a rest.. hes former alcoholic and has logged a lot of minutes that takes a toll on the body .. give bodnarchuck a chance to see what you have in him and then bring corvo back .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Corvo is having a better season than Oduya is. Everybody is ripping Corvo, but look at the stats. Corvo has 3 goals and 17 assists & is a +12. Oduya has 2 goals & 11 assists and is a -6. I'm sorry, but Oduya isn't the answer on this team. Oduya isn't going to help this team score more goals, which is the team's biggest problem right now. There are better defenseman out there than Oduya. I wouldn't give up anything of value for him

Sections
Shortcuts