Simplest reasons for the difference between games 1 and 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Simplest reasons for the difference between games 1 and 2

1. Hamilton.

Not that he was awful.  He struggled to make plays but wasn't a liability in his own end - panicked a couple of times at the point in the offensive zone and just flipped a weak attempt at the net, but took the body well in his zone. As I expected, his ice was reduced from the regular season. 

More to the point - the impact of protecting the rookie on the rest of the lineup.  On the JVR goal, watch Seidenberg lose track of which side he's supposed to cover and cut across the slot rather than come straight back where he could have neutralized JVR.  Guy was switching sides adn I have to think that's part of the brain cramp there.  McQuaid was part of the original SNL cast - not ready for prime time player.  Putting him with Chara exposed him even though he ended the night a + player.

2. Lines 3 and 4.

Back to when they were starting to stumble from that great start, when the third and fourth lines were both failing to score and giving up too many goals against.  Campbell, Paille, Kelly, Jagr - a combined -5.  Bruins were only charge with 4 giveaways and Jagr had two of them.

The D should be back to familiar territory with Ference back.  The 4th line needs to get its legs again.  The third line?  Durrrh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Simplest reasons for the difference between games 1 and 2

I was hoping the 3rd line, with Peverly in lieu of the dawg would get going, but to keep with the SNL theme....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!