Sit back and watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sit back and watch

The trade deadline has passed.  I don't think they're going to fire the coach.  There really isn't much to look forward to from Providence outside of Caron coming up.  They aren't going to change their approach.  The goalies are in a platoon.

This is the team.  This is how they play.  There isn't much of a need to debate likes and dislikes anymore.  Now, we just sit back, watch and see what happens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Sit back and watch

Unfortunately we are stuck with Claude hopefully if there is no improvement in the playoffs he gets canned. I doubt that since he kept his job after the 3-0 series lead and the 3 nothing lead in game 7. I do like the fact Seguin is getting more of a chance lately although I wouldn't be surprised if PC or Cam are forcing CJ to play him.

Main thing is Thomas is fresh and ready for the playoffs. So from now on I will not question CJ's goalie decisions but the last game when we played the habs when he started Rask still has me scratching my head. Spring hope is eternal so maybe just maybe its our date with lord stanley again Cool( a man can dream right?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

All we can do is hope they compete as hard as they can and advance as far as possible. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

True, NAS - this is why we can't get too high or too low right now.

I truly believe that when we get closer to playoff time we'll see OUR team's best. They really seem to play to the lows and highs of our competitors.

[I know you probably won't respond since I don't have the requisite 100 posts but I am getting close...]

Later, dude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pretty generic statement NAS but, nevertheless, accurate. they are what they are. If they do not address their obovious achilles heel (their inconsistency) then their cup run will be very pre-mature.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Sit back and watch:
    Pretty generic statement NAS but, nevertheless, accurate. they are what they are. If they do not address their obovious achilles heel (their inconsistency) then their cup run will be very pre-mature.....
    Posted by jmwalters

Very generic, indeed!  But it's also true.  We're inundated with trolls and crybaby Habs fans right now.   The majority of the posts are combative in each thread, when this is a time where we all should relax.  There is nothing more to do but watch the games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

We can't talk about Patchupretti or Horcrux anymore?  Just watch them play Toronto?  That's hockey? 

Touche.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Sit back and watch : Very generic, indeed!  But it's also true.  We're inundated with trolls and crybaby Habs fans right now.   The majority of the posts are combative in each thread, when this is a time where we all should relax.  There is nothing more to do but watch the games.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

To be honest, I am glad I have been in Geneva for the last week. These boards were getting completely stupid with posts form all sorts of newbies bitching about the Chara "assault" an other absurdities...

With regard to the playoffs, I think it is obvious by now the B's are going to make it in. The question now becomes, have they improved to make it past the second round. After the trade deadline I was convinced they added enough to  make a serious run. A few weeks later, however, I have it stuck in my mind they are a second round team and no more...sucks but I can't help shake the feeling....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Sit back and watch : To be honest, I am glad I have been in Geneva for the last week. These boards were getting completely stupid with posts form all sorts of newbies bitching about the Chara "assault" an other absurdities...
    Posted by jmwalters

The newbies are very simple to deal with:  Ignore everything from anyone under 100 posts.  Also, if you don't recognize the name of the person who started the thread, don't even bother clicking on it.  It save so much time and aggravation. 
    This will leave you talking with good hockey people (or complete dips...but you already know they are dips, so it's not as annoying).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Sit back and watch : The newbies are very simple to deal with:  Ignore everything from anyone under 100 posts.  Also, if you don't recognize the name of the person who started the thread, don't even bother clicking on it.  It save so much time and aggravation.  This will leave you talking with good hockey people (or complete dips...but you already know they are dips, so it's not as annoying).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Fair point....lol. But there is a malevolent side to me that wants to engage the trolls....masochistic I guess.

At any rate, less than 20 games to go. It will be interesting to see how Julien plays it. The Seguin question is an intriguing one. I, for one, am not adverse to having him sit the bulk of the upcoming games and use it as an instructional guide for him. The problem becomes: does the team need his skill? I mean, his goal against Nashville the other night highlited what he is capable of. The B's PP is awfull? Does the coach give him some meaningfull PP time to let him help the team and himself in the process? Sorry for the bad spelling, I am in a bad hotel in Europe at the moment....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Posted by jmwalters

Theres only one achilles heel and thats their power play. This team would be on top of the east if it wasn't so pis poor. I 100% blame the coaching staff for that. They freakin got Recchi out there on the second unit! He hasnt done anything!! Why is he out there in those situations? Where TF is Seguin on that second unit? What, are they holding him back intentionally so he doesn't hit his performance bonuses? Utter Bs that kid doesn't get any pp time. I don't talk to much s*&^ about coach, but sometimes he really gets on my nerves. Bottom line is this off-season they need to find an assistant that can fix this, because the pp has never been good enough under this coaching staff with or without savard. Its so ridiculously important in big games, and its absolutely killing us. Our power play literally cost us the game last night . Its cost us multiple games when you really put it in perspective. One of the best 5v5 teams in the nhl through the past three years but we have a completely inept pp? Does that even make any sense? Absolutely needs to be addressed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I see your point Shawn. The PP is a major issue. I thinkn it was Scotty Bowman that stated that special teams was the differnce between cup contenders and also-rans. Yet despite this, the thing that has bothered me with the B's during Julien's tenure is just how inconsistent. From game to game you have no idea just what you are going to get. To me this their "achilles heel." Just my  perspective...

By the way, you are right in that it is completely assinine that the coaching staff has not included Seguin in their PP scheme considering what he can bring to the table....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It's amazing the coaching staff hasn't tried Seguin in the PP. I mean what PP ? As NAS has pointed out before, we got the PMD that everyone seemed we lacked. And still zip. Why wouldn't they try Seguin ? How can you hold his defensive liability against him when it's 5 on 4 ? Doesn't make sense. If that PP could just come around at the right time now, things would look a whole lot better. I'm really hoping after that Preds game where the Bruins had the 5 min advantage and diddle squat came out of it, the coaches will indeed try something radical. What the heck to they got to lose ? Time to sit back and watch and see how the coaching staff deals with this PP as we approach the new season.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I totally agree about Seguin getting more of a chance down the stretch and removing Recchi from the pp.
    Lucic-Krecji-Horton 1st unit
    Seguin-Bergeron-Peverley 2nd unit

We also have guys like Marchand and Ryder as 2nd unit options

If the second unit too small we could flip Horton for Peverley

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I think you are right, once again NAS. I'm hoping Seguin stays with Kelly and Peverly. I'd love to see caron replace Thornton, and even Arneil replace Ryder. But, we'll see what we can see. I beleive it was January when KPD said we would have dump and chase all year long.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Still wish Claude would recognize that in 4 on 4 situations (whether it be OT or from penalties) Seguin should at the very least be given a chance to show what he can do w/all that open ice, youth and speed.

It was obvious in the OT at Nashville that the guys CJ did choose to put out there were tired, slow, stupid, or a combination of all of those. They ended up tacking another loss on the board as a result.

But NAS' overall point is well taken. This is it. These are the 2011 Bruins that are either going to suprise the heck out of me by getting out of round 2 of the playoffs for the first time in some 20 years, or once again make an early exit and continue their identity as a Boston sports team rivaled only in irrelevance by the Revolution.

I can yell at the TV all I want, but Seguin aint walkin' thru that open bench door on the power play, or 4 on 4, and for some reason Daniel Paille is.

I can keep asking myself why Mark Recchi isn't used more sparingly to keep his 42-year old body from getting tired, but no answer comes.

I can keep wondering why Michael Ryder is able to make some sparkling stickhandling moves to cut through defenses that are reminiscent of Nifty Middleton and then inexplicably lose control of the puck or fail to shoot it at all....but these are questions on par with 'why will the toast land butter-side down 9 times out of ten when it falls on the floor?'

it's better to sit back, watch, and see how it all shakes out. Won't be easy, but I'm gonna try.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

All we can do is hope they compete as hard as they can and advance as far as possible. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Now that was an insightful thought...WOW

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Still wish Claude would recognize that in 4 on 4 situations (whether it be OT or from penalties) Seguin should at the very least be given a chance to show what he can do w/all that open ice, youth and speed. It was obvious in the OT at Nashville that the guys CJ did choose to put out there were tired, slow, stupid, or a combination of all of those. They ended up tacking another loss on the board as a result. But NAS' overall point is well taken. This is it. These are the 2011 Bruins that are either going to suprise the heck out of me by getting out of round 2 of the playoffs for the first time in some 20 years, or once again make an early exit and continue their identity as a Boston sports team rivaled only in irrelevance by the Revolution. I can yell at the TV all I want, but Seguin aint walkin' thru that open bench door on the power play, or 4 on 4, and for some reason Daniel Paille is. I can keep asking myself why Mark Recchi isn't used more sparingly to keep his 42-year old body from getting tired, but no answer comes. I can keep wondering why Michael Ryder is able to make some sparkling stickhandling moves to cut through defenses that are reminiscent of Nifty Middleton and then inexplicably lose control of the puck or fail to shoot it at all....but these are questions on par with 'why will the toast land butter-side down 9 times out of ten when it falls on the floor?' it's better to sit back, watch, and see how it all shakes out. Won't be easy, but I'm gonna try.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I think you and NAS make good points in this thread. It is what it is. Doesnt mean I wont stop hoping for something to suddenly click, but I am going to root for this team 100% till the end bitter or sweet.

I basically know whats going to bother me so I can live with that (ITs mostly the points you just made) BUt I can hope for surprises. Maybe Seguin steps up big, Thomas finds that superhuman level in the playoffs. Im expecting Krejci-Lucic-Chara-Kabs to be bigtime playoff performers. Im looking forward to see who else is going to step up.

Go B's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sit back is right. 
    This team is built and playing on a system.  They practice it every practice , they see it on video every video day (thanks 24/7) and they play it every game.
    Let the season play out,  the players are bored and the playoffs will awaken the teams spirit.  Not sure it will bring them to the finals although last season the way they played all their games in the 1st round and 2 of the 2nd round they could turn it on.  I just sat and watched.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yup, agreed.  The problems this team had in October still seem to be their achilles heel today.  Only question for me is if their will to win is going to exceed their playoff opponent's will to win.  Character, compete level and refuse to lose mentality is what will determine their success or failure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Here's what I want to watch.
    And here's what I think - which explains what I want to watch.

1) They are virtually assured of a playoff spot.

2) Except the Habs, to me, anyone they face in the playoffs is equally dangerous, there is no one in particular that they have real problems with.  They shouldn't be having problems with the Habs this year, I don't undertand that.  I don't understand why they've had trouble with the Leafs either.

1)+2)=3)  Tune up for the playoffs.  Try to mix things up and experiment.  Try to keep people healthy. TT is best rested, make sure he gets it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The East is wide open adn we likely will get the 3rd spot in the conference(Caps are much too hot to catch).  I also believe we are in a head on collision with Montreal for round 1. 

I am not overly confident with this team but also realize that anything can happen.  The East is prime for a long playoff drive.  I was concerned a while back that the Caps would add pieces and make a run.  Well that's happening. 

I am just enjoying the playoff stretch.  I say let Seguin get some more ice time and stay healthy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm going to say it here a Black Ace call up will have an impact in one of the series this year. Caron ? Sauve ? their play will make me jump up n watch. I can never sit and watch the playoffs when it's more enjoyable to stand n cheer with a beer and a burger!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm going to say it here a Black Ace call up will have an impact in one of the series this year. Caron ? Sauve ? their play will make me jump up n watch. I can never sit and watch the playoffs when it's more enjoyable to stand n cheer with a beer and a burger!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thorton gets the bump in your plan and I am all about it.  Also like the beer and hamburger remark. 

Sections
Shortcuts