Sit Corvo Play Kampfer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Sit Corvo Play Kampfer!

Tonight should be the time for Kampfer to play for Corvo. The kid is so rusty and itchy to play, and is determine to prove himself. While Corvo sits in press box thinking about his future with the B's, Kampfer playing will not hurt the team but send the message start skating defense if not then Kampfer will take yout spot the next gm.

This a simple solution before the allstar break and go from there until trade deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Sit Corvo Play Kampfer!

In Response to Sit Corvo Play Kampfer!:
    Tonight should be the time for Kampfer to play for Corvo. The kid is so rusty and itchy to play, and is determine to prove himself. While Corvo sits in press box thinking about his future with the B's, Kampfer playing will not hurt the team but send the message start skating defense if not then Kampfer will take yout spot the next gm. This a simple solution before the allstar break and go from there until trade deadline.
    Posted by orr4neely8

have you seen kampfer play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Can't be any worst then Corvo or a simple solution is just kick the d men them in the butt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

kampfer is hunwick.  he was good in his 1st 5 games and has been useless ever since.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think this more of an indictment of corvo, than an endorsement of kampfer. i really hate playing coach, we don't know what goes on with the team in practice/lockerroom/ect. BUT, corvo seems to serve one up on a silver platter every game, resulting in a goal against. how could kampfer be any worse?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Sit Corvo Play Kampfer!:
    kampfer is hunwick.  he was good in his 1st 5 games and has been useless ever since.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Kampfer is a step up from Hunwick.  I actually like what Kampfer has brought to the table when he's been given a shot.  My only issue with him is that he seems to be a bit fragile and might be injury prone.  Other than that I have no complaints about 5-5-10 in 38 games with a +9 last year with limited ice time in his rookie season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Some may question the +/- statistic, but Kampfer has the best +/- per minute on the Bruins, and one of the best in the league. It's something like the Bruins go up a goal every 6 minutes he plays.  That's not to say he's Bobby Orr, but to say he he hurts the team terribly is not valid. That said, I don't like benching players when they're down and neither does Claude. If Corvo is struggling, help him work through it. He's a good player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Then by that ideology we should sit Lucic. He by far makes the worse passes on the team. It seems to me that he thinks he can always muscle the puck through other people sticks. It's always killing our chances in the offensive end. And his turnover the other night that led to a goal was just horrendous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Some may question the +/- statistic, but Kampfer has the best +/- per minute on the Bruins, and one of the best in the league. It's something like the Bruins go up a goal every 6 minutes he plays.  That's not to say he's Bobby Orr, but to say he he hurts the team terribly is not valid. That said, I don't like benching players when they're down and neither does Claude. If Corvo is struggling, help him work through it. He's a good player.
    Posted by OatesCam

i thought kessel at +23 and wideman at +32 in '09 were good reasons not to look at +/- stats when evaluating player performances, but this looks like a new winner.  b's up a goal for every 6 minutes kampfer plays is awesome.  that has to be cj's secret weapon for the playoffs.  he's probably resting him up now so he can play him 25 minutes a night in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Kampfer to me is a smaller version of Corvo, skates well with the puck and commits crucial turnovers at the most inopportune times. Kampfer creates some offensive chances as does Corvo and they both aren't afraid to shoot although alot of shots don't get through. I don't see the upgrade unless its just to mix it up a little.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Posted by OatesCam

This is the way to go , like Oates said he's a good player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Posted by goodnewsbears

...Kampfer has been sitting so long, perhaps he can treat his return as 'his 1st 5 games'

;^)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually there must be something about Kamfer that Claude does not like, because to keep him as the 7th D and never play him is not encouraging or professionally objective. This may have something to do with Chiarelli's search for an upgrade on defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The next five gms. will prevail how good Corvo really is  NJD NYR PHL FLD OTT. These are the type of teams that Bst. will be meeting in the playoffs This will also see if the Bruins can get rid of their hiccups and quicksand skating.
    Marchand and Peverly speed may help the issues to retain the puck and move it.

I have a good feeling that the Bruins will get back on track these five gms. cause of the competition level .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I always try to stay positive when players are in a rut hoping they will come out of it. Corvo looked brutal at best tonight. Not to make excuses -- but as good as Thomas is IN the net -- when he travels behind the net -- I cringe at how many times he sets up his D-Men for failure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

Old Saying I heard. "Whenever a goalie leaves the net, three things can happen, and they are all bad." TT needs Shore's solution-tie a rope around his ankle and around the post and don't let him go behind the net. That incident is in Cherrys book "Grapes."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Seems like wish denied for the time being.  Kampfer will be in Providence this weekend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Old Saying I heard. "Whenever a goalie leaves the net, three things can happen, and they are all bad." TT needs Shore's solution-tie a rope around his ankle and around the post and don't let him go behind the net. That incident is in Cherrys book "Grapes."
    Posted by bbbfan40

I think the rope was tied around the goalies neck and then tied to the crossbar, Shore didn't like goalies who flopped too much. He preferred stand up goaltenders, which means he wouldn't like TT's style too much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kamfer needs the ice time in game conditions. Last night we saw how rusty Marchand was; how mistake prone Corvo is; how Corvo just stops skating if he makes a mistake;Timmy has always been weak on passing up the boards, and often puts Chara in a tough position. Timmy should leave those pucks for his defense to cover.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I feel the pain on the Corvo thing. It's tough because in other years, you could simply insert a Shane Hnidy and know at least you had a stationary defensive d-man in the form of the 7th d-man. Right now, Kampfer is obviously not much of an option for B's as he's an offensive type guy, who is prone to coughing up the puck. But 2 years ago, I watched McQuaid go through the growing pains and become a quality d-man. I don't think the B's feel that Kampfer for Corvo is an upgrade--it's not. With that said, Corvo as I said in another thread is the team's biggest liability to date. It's sad, I expected more from him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

corvo was less brutal last night.  kampfer is a munchkin, injury prone and even more brutal than corvo. 

chia will have to pick up a 5/6 d-man at the trade deadline for playoff depth.  wouldn't mind seeing wardo get back into shape for one last hurrah.     

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Give Kampfer a break...Yes he needs a little more size. He is trouble because Dougie will over shadow him and he will remain odd man out when the Bruins dump Corvo. But he is decent fill in guy and it is true nothing could be as bad as Corvo's uhhh ohhh momnets. Someone please explain to me when did he lose all of his confidence with the puck. Someone call Shane Hnidy quick...He may need to start skating before the play offs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

With a possible suspension for ference good possibility for Kamfer but wrong d man

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously Kamfer will now get his opportunity as even Ference acknowledged that he should have let up.Too many lack of thinking occuring with the Bruins defense. Corvo, Boychuck, and now Ference who is usually smarter.

Sections
Shortcuts