Sit Timmy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theterribleturk. Show theterribleturk's posts

Sit Timmy

Julien should seriously consider sitting Timmy through the Florida road trip.  He is not making the big saves when the B's need them, he's good for at least one softie a game, and he looks at times like he does'nt care. Turco played decent today and maybe Claude should give Timmy a rest and send him a message at the same time. I am not totally blaming Tim Thomas, the D has been suspect also, but bad goals have killed the Bruins during this slump. Cant beleive the Bruins were pushed around by the Pittsburgh Penguins either. OK  I'm done for now.
    '

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: Sit Timmy

Turco was their best player and he deserves the next start for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

No way.  You don't sit TT because the team stunk in the first period.  CJ did the right thing by pulling him but he will definitely go right back to him on Tuesday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theterribleturk. Show theterribleturk's posts

I say give Turco the start against  TBay and let TT and the rest of the Bruins think about it. Thomas was a leader by example on the cup run last year, but he is not
     setting much of an example now. He is not the only one, but you cant bench the whole roster and maybe benching Timmy and Corvo for example would be start. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sitting Timmy doesn't really help. Turco showed that he can still play. His style brought life back into the Bruins. At the same time the "team" let the Penguins run and hit all game. Granted once McQ , and then Bergeron , left the game it was more difficult to establish a reactive team. Kreji's line tried to amp the score; and Kelly/Marchand/Caron worked hard; but there weren't enough to go around. It was also obvious that Claude held Marchand on a tight leash because he needed his scoring capability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

"he looks at times like he does'nt care"

I will say this:  You can argue softies and weak goals all day but the one thing I have never heard anyone state is that he doesn't care.  There was a post a couple of days ago from someone who knows a trainer that says that behind the scenes losing drives him beyond crazy.  He looks frustrated and like he has lost confidence but I find it hard to believe that Tim Thomas would "not care"

That being said - give him Tuesday to just not worry about losing or getting scored on.  Let him sit and watch.  That and you will probably need Turco and his fresh legs with the amount of tired guys that will be on the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theterribleturk. Show theterribleturk's posts

Losing may drive him beyond crazy,but to me, he dosen't show the passion or emotion that was there even back in December. I realize that he is not the only guilty party but No Timmy as we know him= not a chance at playoff sucsess. The bad goals allowed by both Thomas and Rask at inoppertune times , especially early in games, allow the opposition take the role of aggresor away from the Bruins.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Not gonna happen. Remember, Mr "Steady-As-She-Goes" Julien runs this team. Has anybody read his postgame comments today? "I think it was a good opportunity for Marty to go in," Boston coach Claude Julien said. "When you're down by three goals against Pittsburgh, give the guy an opportunity. I wanted to see how he responded." What a wonderful way for the coach to show a new member of the team what he thinks he really is - cannon fodder.
    I know Julien has won a cup with the Bruins last year. Kudos to him, tons of humble pie for me (the unabashed co-leader of the "Fire Julien!" club last season). Still, CJ will never be my idea of an ideal NHL coach. Former all star goalie Marty Turco is probably itching to go, while TT has been fighting the puck ever since his dimwitted political soapbox adventures, plus he looked unimpressive yesterday against the Caps - but no, we stick with what has been working for us (about four months ago, that is). And the opposition knows exactly what they're going to get - Julien is as predictable as death and taxes. Let's just leave it at that -  I am tired (predictably).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I do agree to sit TT for a few games. I also think its not cause TT is not making the big saves, he should sit. The whole team in general is not playing well. So to just blame TT is kind of Bullsack. Having lots of injuries right now dont help a goalie either. We need to have the forwards and defensemen play the right way of hockey and not this 1 out of 3 periods stuff. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I really hope that CJ gives Turco the start on Tues! TT has had enough & needs a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Sit Timmy:
    [QUOTE]I really hope that CJ gives Turco the start on Tues! TT has had enough & needs a break.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Turco played well today. I'm glad he showed people he's still got some skills.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

the sad part about Marty is that he's not eligible for playoffs. So, when you get right down to it, it doesn't matter if TT sat or played, bottom line Marty can be Mr. Vezina himself the next several weeks and it wouldn't matter. Marty played ok, let's not go overboard on his performance today. He still gave up 2 goals. Bottom line whoever plays goal, they can't allow 3 or 4 or 5...They need to be 2 and under to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Sit Timmy:
    [QUOTE]the sad part about Marty is that he's not eligible for playoffs. So, when you get right down to it, it doesn't matter if TT sat or played, bottom line Marty can be Mr. Vezina himself the next several weeks and it wouldn't matter. Marty played ok, let's not go overboard on his performance today. He still gave up 2 goals. Bottom line whoever plays goal, they can't allow 3 or 4 or 5...They need to be 2 and under to win.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    The B's just need Marty to play a few games down the stretch.He doesn't have to stand on his head,he just has to give the team adequate goaltending.By todays performance it appears he will be able to do that.The Bruins don't need Marty for the playoffs because lets face it,he won't be playing anyway.TT needs to get his rest,and it appears Marty will do the trick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Marty can post some wins that would be great, agreed.