Size is not a factor in this series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Size is not a factor in this series

Lots of folks talked about the size of the Bruins being too great a factor for the "smirf" Canadiens. However, a look at the B's roster shows they are not much bigger at all. Look at Marchand, Recchi, Krejci, Peverley, Kelly, Ference, and (when he plays) Kampfer, and you have the makings of a bonafide smirf fest my friends. This group scares nobody. A team that considers Bergeron, Campbell, and Horton among its bigger guys is a team in need of some bigger bodies. I said to get a big center like Jason Arnott at the deadline. And a monster defenseman like Souray who, though older, would complement Chara and improve the pp, not destroy it like Kaberlet Savignon has done. Instead they went the Smirf route with Peverley and Kelly. They interviewed Peverley on tv and Barry Pederson dwarfed him. Pederson is no behemoth, either.

So I knew size would be no factor. Speed? Si, and Montreal has that to burn. Boston needs to make some major changes in the offseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Size is not a factor in this series

Nathan Horton small? 6'2 230 isn't small. Souray couldn't pay a team to take him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Right Callo, it's not small but most teams have 3 or 4 wingers in the 6'4 range. B's have only Lucic. Horton's a good sized player, but who among the forwards other than Lucic or Horton scares you going into the corners? I can think of about 8 on the Flyers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Size is not a factor in this series:
    Right Callo, it's not small but most teams have 3 or 4 wingers in the 6'4 range. B's have only Lucic. Horton's a good sized player, but who among the forwards other than Lucic or Horton scares you going into the corners? I can think of about 8 on the Flyers!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

I couldn't find a single playoff team with half of their top 8 wingers in the 6'4 range........not a one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The Flyers roster right now has 7 guys at 6'2 or taller (forwards only). Of those 7 2 are guys that aren't physical in Betts and Zherdev 1 that isn't playing in Shelley. Their most physical player is Richards and he is only 5'11. It doesn't matter about size. It's about the physicality. Something the Bruins pride themselves on. Montreal is small and usually isn't a physical team. That's why team size was a "difference". I don't think Boston has been physical enough with this team. They've gone out of their way to hit instead of knocking guys off the puck. So you're right that size hasn't been a factor but if Boston played the way that they have it would be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

What we have been lacking so far in this series is team speed.  Montreal is winning the battles.  Their forwards are really exposing the lack of speed on D.

Same thing up front - speed through the neutral zone on turnovers has led to all the goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

It's a lack of talent.  The B's are not as deep or as talented as their regular season record would have you believe.  When the supposedly slow, aging, and declining Red Wings polished off the home and home series with the Bruins back in February rather handily, at that point the wake up call for fans and management should have sounded loudly and very clearly, no question.  The Bruins lack depth and talent, especially in the offensive side of the equation. Until a couple of true game-breakers or consistent scoring threats are acquired or developed, I'm convinced the Bruins will continue to languish in offensive quicksand and not be a legitimate Cup threat.

Sections
Shortcuts