Re: skake the team change the line up

lucic kreci horton
                      marchand bergeron séguin
                      caron campbell peverly
                      paillé  kelly thorton 

ryder and recchi out the line up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

one of CJ,s biggest faults is his inability to change things up, not game to game, but shift to shift. In a game like last night where the frustration level of trying to score is getting ramped up he should try to throw in different combo,s to curtail the mindset. Some of the great coaches have always done this & you see it consitenly with Torterella.Hold Kelly back a shift & throw Campbell in there with Peverly, Ryder. Take Thornton & put him in there with Bergeron, Marchand etc. etc. just something to curtail the frustration & the mundane approach of "oh, here we go again ". CJ,s as staunch as they get & the team just becomes robotic to often, I,m betting he eats the same breakfast everyday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sit Ryder and Recchi, then put Thorn on 2nd.  You 2 are absolutely stupefyin.

Pail of the last 5 games was gone, Kelly was worst player on ice andThorn was Thorn.

Sit Kelly Pail and Thorn, give Krej a boot in the hole, put Sauve Pev and Seg then Ryder, Camp and CARO

There will be no changes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Did Kelly play last night?  Another invisible player.

I would like to see Peverly with bergeron and marchand. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Ryder-Campbell-Seguin
    Paille-Kelly-Recchi

Thornton sits...or subs in for Kelly and Paille shifts over to center the 4th line. Having a "true" center on the 4th line is overrated, given they only play 9 mins a game and can avoid d-zone faceoffs most of the time. Rex can take those anyway.

Campbell and Peverly need more minutes. Recchi and Kelly need less. Don't want to break up the top line because there are no excuses...Lucic and Horton just need to move their feet more and take the body at every turn. LOVE tremha's idea of Bergeron w/ Peverly.

PP#1: Bergeron on half board QB position, Lucic in front of net, Seguin in the slot. Kaberle and Seids on D.

PP#2: Peverly on half board QB position, Horton in front of net, Ryder in the slot. Boychuck and Ference on D.

Get rid of that awful Chara/Kaberle combo that generates endless shots from Chara into traffic and Kaberle the "please don't make me shoot" wonder kid skating around and not making any actual plays.

PK #1: Krejci & Paille
    PK #2: Kelly & Marchand 

Never going to happen. Well, maybe in Game 4 if they're down 0-3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

I don't think you can mess with the lines at this point, at least not the Krecji and Bergeron lines.  It usually takes a few games to mesh with your linemates.

What they need to do is match the quickness of the Habs forwards, particluarly Gomez, Cammileri and Gionta).  I would like to see Kampfer brought back up, maybe to replace Boychuk for a game (I love the guy, but he looked lost last night).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: skake the team change the line up:
    I don't think you can mess with the lines at this point, at least not the Krecji and Bergeron lines.  It usually takes a few games to mesh with your linemates. What they need to do is match the quickness of the Habs forwards, particluarly Gomez, Cammileri and Gionta).  I would like to see Kampfer brought back up, maybe to replace Boychuk for a game (I love the guy, but he looked lost last night).
    Posted by Altus123

I have a bigger problem with McQuaid right now than with Boychuck. MTL will sit back and wait for mistakes, and McQ has been making them recently. Unfortunately Kampfer has done that as well...but your point is well-taken if the series goes deeper and the scoring doesn't come.

Same for the line changes. I wouldn't touch them just yet, but give it 2 more games. It was just a fun thing to think through should the time come to make some moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Marchand-peverley-horton
    Bergeron-Krejci-Lucic
    Seguin-Kelly-Ryder
    Merlot Line

Thats what the lines deserve to be based on how well people played last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ok.  I am shocked and amazed all you know what the heck
    "skake the team"
    means.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Kamfer is hurt, I'm not sure what the timeline for recovery is, I think two weeks?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

In Response to Re: skake the team change the line up : I have a bigger problem with McQuaid right now than with Boychuck. MTL will sit back and wait for mistakes, and McQ has been making them recently. Posted by asmaha

I agree on the McQuaid/Boychuk comparison on most days, but last night, Boychuk really stuck out to me.  He was running into Chara, floating he puck up the middle, and just not skating well.

They're both young, though, and they have great futures.

I would like to see Johnny step up and light up a few Habs with his open-ice body slams.  THat tends to slow down a rush.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

I just think we need to make the "2nd line" focus on scoring. The 3rd line with kelly centering should be the shutdown line. Gotta let Bergeron off the leash find whoever is going to work with him and marchand, is it ryder? is it seguin? is it peverly, don't know but somethings's got to change.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I just think we need to make the "2nd line" focus on scoring. The 3rd line with kelly centering should be the shutdown line. Gotta let Bergeron off the leash find whoever is going to work with him and marchand, is it ryder? is it seguin? is it peverly, don't know but somethings's got to change.
    Posted by JezzaNuts

Yes! Good point, and I would take it even a step further. After the 1st line, it's like they're rolling three 3rd lines instead sticking with the proven 2nd, 3rd shutdown and 4th energy. To generate more scoring on the 2nd line, I'd roll with the more seasoned scorers and loosen their defensive responsibilities a bit...

Lucic-Krejci-Horton (top skill)
    Peverly-Bergeron-Ryder (goals)
    Marchand-Campbell-Recchi (shut down)
    Paille-Kelly-Seguin (energy)

I especially want to see Bergeron with Peverly, and drop Recchi to a place where he adds value to his line instead of taking away from it. But CJ would never do that.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

lucic   bergeron  peverly ( bigger playmaker speed scorer)

Marchand Kerci Ryder    (  speed worker  playmaker Scorer)

Recchi   Campbell  Horton  ( experience worker  Scorer Bigger)

Paillé  Kelly  thorton ( speed défensive grinder) 

Sections
Shortcuts