Skate Clown Skate!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Skate Clown Skate!

Anyone catch Thornton chasing Chris Neil when the only thing between him and the net was...the puck?  It was nice to see them finally stage that fight, however.  Sure was a great one.  I liked when Thornton gave Neil props at the end.  That was pure hockey, baby.  Pure hockey.

(Hey it's better than a thread about you know who not going you know where!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Skate Clown Skate!

At least Marchand scored.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Next thread .(;

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Did NAS compliment Thorton. Did hell freeze over?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Skate Clown Skate!:
    [QUOTE]Anyone catch Thornton chasing Chris Neil when the only thing between him and the net was...the puck?  It was nice to see them finally stage that fight, however.  Sure was a great one.  I liked when Thornton gave Neil props at the end.  That was pure hockey, baby.  Pure hockey. (Hey it's better than a thread about you know who not going you know where!)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You can only hide your love for him inside for a while NAS I know deep down you love him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Skate Clown Skate!:
    [QUOTE]Anyone catch Thornton chasing Chris Neil when the only thing between him and the net was...the puck?  It was nice to see them finally stage that fight, however.  Sure was a great one.  I liked when Thornton gave Neil props at the end.  That was pure hockey, baby.  Pure hockey. (Hey it's better than a thread about you know who not going you know where!)

I saw this and knew right away you'd comment on it. All cause Chris Neil backchecked him. If the Bruins are to defend their title, I'd like to see them replace Thornton on the 4th line with a player who has some touch. There is no need for him to be in the line up come playoff time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

we need thornton in the lineup to make sure the other teams don't take runs at our top players.  the hits like sestito or rome delivered on horton or the cooke hit on savard don't happen when thornton's there.  who else is gonna defend our top players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Adam Mcquaid looked pretty tough to me tonight...The whole team can throw down if needed. They will just bring in a young cheap kid if Thorton goes. Not to say it is right but that argument does not really stand for Thorton. I would prefer him on this team but to say that our guys need him to fight their battles well that does not wash for the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate!:
    [QUOTE]we need thornton in the lineup to make sure the other teams don't take runs at our top players.  the hits like sestito or rome delivered on horton or the cooke hit on savard don't happen when thornton's there.  who else is gonna defend our top players.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Um, they all happened when Thornton was there..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Um, they all happened when Thornton was there..
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kelv used to share your opinion on him but after what THORNTON brought to us when he was brought back in the lineup for game 3 vs the nucks I am always gona be a suporter of him playing on the 4th line. He is a great bruin imo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Um, they all happened when Thornton was there..

oh yeah, i forgot about that*.  i guess he's just another skating clown.

*sarcasm

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yawn...

Keep in mind that this roster won a Cup last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]we need thornton in the lineup to make sure the other teams don't take runs at our top players.  the hits like sestito or rome delivered on horton or the cooke hit on savard don't happen when thornton's there.  who else is gonna defend our top players.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Thornton was there for both of them.

Clearly nothing was prevented.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Yawn... Keep in mind that this roster won a Cup last year.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

thornton is the weakest link on a very good roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Yawn... Keep in mind that this roster won a Cup last year.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I understand that Fletch, and your right, but to repeat, theyre going to need more and thats the one position in the line up that you can upgrade at a low cost..I agree he serves a purpose in the regular season ableit a dying one, he did last post season, in fact it was his line in game 7 that got things going...I appreciate that and what he does..I just think if you can add someone with some scoring touch..I'll explain my reasoning..I dont know what his contract status is,I think he's a UFA but just as an example, what if you went and got a Brad Boyes type and put him there...It's possible 4 or 5 big goals in the playoffs..Yes i know he is soft,had a very dissapointing year I'm using him as an example, but a player like him would be greatful to play on the 4th line of a contending team..We all know Julien likes to roll 4 lines.He can have a nice postseason and cash in on it after..To me, your the hunted and you have to prepare a little differently than you did before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : I understand that Fletch, and your right, but to repeat, theyre going to need more and thats the one position in the line up that you can upgrade at a low cost..I agree he serves a purpose in the regular season ableit a dying one, he did last post season, in fact it was his line in game 7 that got things going...I appreciate that and what he does..I just think if you can add someone with some scoring touch..I'll explain my reasoning..I dont know what his contract status is,I think he's a UFA but just as an example, what if you went and got a Brad Boyes type and put him there...It's possible 4 or 5 big goals in the playoffs..Yes i know he is soft,had a very dissapointing year I'm using him as an example, but a player like him would be greatful to play on the 4th line of a contending team..We all know Julien likes to roll 4 lines.He can have a nice postseason and cash in on it after..To me, your the hunted and you have to prepare a little differently than you did before.
    I see what you're saying Kel, but the issue is this. The players themselves want Thorts. He brings more than any of us knows. He's the only multiple cup winner & his presence is needed in the locker room. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a Brad Boyes or anything of that ilk; isn't a team booster. There were games last year when the B's weren't playing well  & he'd go out there & at least attempt to get the team started. Boyes doesn't have that ability. Not on this type of team. He's too soft for this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Adam Mcquaid looked pretty tough to me tonight...The whole team can throw down if needed. They will just bring in a young cheap kid if Thorton goes. Not to say it is right but that argument does not really stand for Thorton. I would prefer him on this team but to say that our guys need him to fight their battles well that does not wash for the Bruins.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

View all 7 of the Stanley cup playoffs against Vancouver last year and see for yourself how the momentum changed once Thornton was inserted into the lineup !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : View all 7 of the Stanley cup playoffs against Vancouver last year and see for yourself how the momentum changed once Thornton was inserted into the lineup !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NAS .005% of the time correlation does equal causation!  Hehehe. Seriously Thornton is as one poster stated a mascot for the team....karma? maybe!? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Great fight!  Even better was Quaider.  That guy looks like he absolutely loves fighting, and he is good at it.  But I like having Thornton in there.  The bottom line for me is if you put a skill player in that spot, he is going to get bummed out from getting 10 minutes (or 6 minutes in the playoffs) of ice time.  Thornton's happy with whatever he gets and brings positive energy. He's also considered the best fighter in the league by his peers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

He must be doing something right since Julien keeps dressing him and management has kept him around for 5 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

post clown post! what's funny is his NAS-ness jokes "at least it's not a TT thread". we all feel the same about your "skating clown" posts. pot meet kettle. how many times can the same thing be hashed, rehashed, then re-re hashed again?  i think we should treat all "skating clown" posts the same way we treat trolls. DON"T FEED THE NAS!!! seriously, how many times does this need to be the topic of a thread? really

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I read many assorted rants on "team", "buy in", "chemistry" etc.  I see the wind of public opinion, quickly change directions, as a cup apparently turned PC and CJ into geniouses, yet, many of these same posters steadfastly, stubbornly refuse to acknowledge any usefulness whatsoever when it comes to Sean Thornton.  Guess they really don't think PC knows what he's doing after all.
    I'll go with the minority here.
    I know you can't build a winning team, with 18 Zdeno Chara's...or David Krejki's...or Tyler Sequin's.  You need a mix of differing strengths....and a whole pile of intangibles.  As fans, we have no idea whatsoever....anything, about those intangibles, therefore, we can't say anything insightful regarding a huge element impacting the overall product.  I think the Brad Boyes analagy sums up the rationale of many who'd like to see Thorton gone, and I also think it's a poster for flawed logic. The game will pass Boyes by, before he becomes a 4th liner.   It's not his game(until now anyway). You can't just ship out a potential 5-10 goals, replace it with a possible 20ish, and assume you're way ahead(check the numerous Kessel threads if you disagree) It's not that simple. There are also cap issues to consider.
    I read recently, that PC has already discussed an extension with ST.  He's a very small cog in the wheel, however, PC wanted him back 2 years ago.  Appears he may want him back again.
    Thorntons value to this team isn't goal scoring.  It's not his playmaking, or his excellence at playing team defense. I'm not sure his toughness couldn't easily be replaced.
    That leaves a couple things. 1. Intangibles, and 2. value for the money. What kind of 4th liner does PC want on his team, and what's out there for about the same price.
    PC's shown he's fairly skilled.  I'm very confident in his decision about this small piece of the puzzle....whatever it is.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Not in rocket science, but it certainly does in pro hockey.  The B's were 1 goal away from cleaning house last spring.  Now management is the toast of the free world.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

I'm not going to waste my time even commenting on this same thread again---- wait, I just did...............

Sections
Shortcuts