Skate Clown Skate!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Skate Clown Skate!

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate!:
    [QUOTE]Ask an NHL'er if they would be willing to cheap shot a Bruin with Thornton on the ice. He went after Shelley (I think?) when he hit Kelly. Didn't even wait just dropped them and went after him. It happens frequently. Quoting the Savard hit where no one did anything doesn't help the case. No one realized what happened until it was too late to do anything.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

i don't know any nhlers, so i guess i can't ask them.  it didn't seem to stop sestito from taking a run at horton. 

he did, however, go after sideshow bob (not shelley) after he hit kelly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Right right, my bad.

Thornton wasn't out there for that play and Horton went after him. Am I wrong to think someone else challenged Sestito later that game?

I was being facetious, I don't either but I seem to recall a poll saying most players didn't want to fight him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

nobody challenged sestito.  i think that hit on horton happened in the 2nd, so he would've had plenty of time to do something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : i don't know any nhlers, so i guess i can't ask them.  it didn't seem to stop sestito from taking a run at horton.  he did, however, go after sideshow bob (not shelley) after he hit kelly.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

He went after Hartnell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : He went after Hartnell.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

that's what i said, sideshow bob.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : that's what i said, sideshow bob.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Yet another nickname I did not know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

All I know is that whenever I see a bruin being asked about Thornton...EVERY single time....no matter who they ask..thay have nothing but praise for Thornton and love having him on their team.  That's good enough for me.  I have to assume that his teammates know a heck of alot more about what he means to that team than any of us do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Booooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

NAS is the Lappierre of this board.  poke, disappear. 

Thornton has 10 pts and 13 fights on the 4th line in 48 games.

Hamill and Caron have 6 pts and 0 fights in 31 games mainly on the 3rd line.

13 fights, thats 65 mins of penalties that looch, chara etc. have been on the ice, sucks that we have to lose all the offense though...........oops we dont.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Yawn.....another skating clown thread, started by none other than Mr. Hate

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Yippee! Baboon closing in on 8000 posts. Busy baboon...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]post clown post! what's funny is his NAS-ness jokes "at least it's not a TT thread". we all feel the same about your "skating clown" posts. pot meet kettle. how many times can the same thing be hashed, rehashed, then re-re hashed again?  i think we should treat all "skating clown" posts the same way we treat trolls. DON"T FEED THE NAS!!! seriously, how many times does this need to be the topic of a thread? really
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

This is the first one in a long, long time.  It's also the first time in a very long time (if ever) that I've seen a hockey player skate away from the puck...in the offensive zone...with no one between him and the goaltender...to try to start a fight. 

What a clown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS is the Lappierre of this board.  poke, disappear. 
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

I'm here almost every day.  What are you talking about?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'm not a big Thornton fan, but there are times he has his value. I think it's plain silly to pretend Thornton didn't have an impact when inserted into the lineup in the Finals.  I'm not saying he affected the outcome, but he clearly helped change the look of the team for the better.

My biggest problem is the need for the Bruins (or any other NHL team) to have a Thornton on the bench to go after people who hit Bruins with hard legal checks.  When did the NHL become a no-check girls' league that requires a "response" every time someone gets hit hard?

I like having Thornton around on the roster as a rotating 4th line guy who can be mixed and matched into the lineup depending on who they are playing and overall health.  Just like the playoffs... dress against Ottawa, Philly, or when the team is sagging in urgency... sit against Detroit and other no hit teams. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

thornton is a force multiplier, he's not the best but what he brings makes the team as a whole better than it would be without him.

those saying he doesn't have good hands or is borderline useless clearly haven't seen this brilliance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qieRRrtMu6s

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

Thornton to Paille to Thornton to Paille... beats Pekka Rinne.  Just sayin'.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How is it no one posted this yet?

"Thornton’s on-ice IQ rivals the hockey sense of Patrice Bergeron and Chris Kelly." - Fluto Shinzawa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not a big Thornton fan, but there are times he has his value. I think it's plain silly to pretend Thornton didn't have an impact when inserted into the lineup in the Finals.  I'm not saying he affected the outcome, but he clearly helped change the look of the team for the better. My biggest problem is the need for the Bruins (or any other NHL team) to have a Thornton on the bench to go after people who hit Bruins with hard legal checks. 
    When did the NHL become a no-check girls' league that requires a "response"
    every time someone gets hit hard?
    I like having Thornton around on the roster as a rotating 4th line guy who can be mixed and matched into the lineup depending on who they are playing and overall health.  Just like the playoffs... dress against Ottawa, Philly, or when the team is sagging in urgency... sit against Detroit and other no hit teams. 
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I know when Bobby Orr came along, in that day, one had to answer to the tough guys.  I remember a couple dust ups with Reggie Flemming, and Ted Harris pretty early in his career.  They proved he was pretty much as tough...as he was good.
    It took several years for the culture to change from a reaction to a dirty hit...to any hit that really pasted someone.  It was gradual throughout the 70's.  I think the day Gretzky hit the NHL though, is probably the water shed moment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Fluto only has one player who provides comments, so he constantly blows Thornton's horn. Don't blame Thorny, blame no brain Fluto for insipid remarks.