Skate Clown Skate!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Skate Clown Skate!

DON'T FEED NAS!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate!:
    In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : I understand that Fletch, and your right, but to repeat, theyre going to need more and thats the one position in the line up that you can upgrade at a low cost..I agree he serves a purpose in the regular season ableit a dying one, he did last post season, in fact it was his line in game 7 that got things going...I appreciate that and what he does..I just think if you can add someone with some scoring touch..I'll explain my reasoning..I dont know what his contract status is,I think he's a UFA but just as an example, what if you went and got a Brad Boyes type and put him there...It's possible 4 or 5 big goals in the playoffs..Yes i know he is soft,had a very dissapointing year I'm using him as an example, but a player like him would be greatful to play on the 4th line of a contending team..We all know Julien likes to roll 4 lines.He can have a nice postseason and cash in on it after..To me, your the hunted and you have to prepare a little differently than you did before.
    Posted by kelvana33

Brad Boyes is not a 4th line player........NEXT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Brad Boyes is not a 4th line player........NEXT Posted by Chappy28

And niether is Ray Whitney but apparently according some he would waive his NMC for 4th line minutes as well.

I've always maintained that it wouldn't kill Julien to sit Thornton a few nights here n there for Caron or Sauve or Arniel to get some valuable NHL minutes. It also does bother me when Thornton chases opposing players around begging for a fight, it's pathetic at times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Shawn Thorton has 2 stanley cup rings from 2 different organizations. How many players who are playing in this league atm can claim that? Not very many. So 2 championship teams saw something in him they needed to win.. enough said. Like it or not intimidation is part of hockey and allways will be, i saw some scared canucks last spring when he came into that series and his line was the best line for either team in game 7 !!

Also seeing as NAS saw the fight with Neil, my guess is he didnt go get a drink at that time? Watched it right? Because its part of the entertainment value of hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shawn Thorton has 2 stanley cup rings from 2 different organizations. How many players who are playing in this league atm can claim that? Not very many. So 2 championship teams saw something in him they needed to win.. enough said. Like it or not intimidation is part of hockey and allways will be, i saw some scared canucks last spring when he came into that series and his line was the best line for either team in game 7 !! Also seeing as NAS saw the fight with Neil, my guess is he didnt go get a drink at that time? Watched it right? Because its part of the entertainment value of hockey.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Better yet, how many can claim 2 fraud stanley cup rings.  All the deserving players around the league and an east coast level skill guy has two.  Where is the Karma there.  He was lucky to be a part of two great teams.  No more-No less.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Better yet, how many can claim 2 fraud stanley cup rings.  All the deserving players around the league and an east coast level skill guy has two.  Where is the Karma there.  He was lucky to be a part of two great teams.  No more-No less.
    Posted by shuperman

huh? sarcasm, joke, or are you serious?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I I know you can't build a winning team, with 18 Zdeno Chara's..
    Posted by stevegm

I disagree if you could clone 18 Charas and put them all on the same team it would win many, many games. haha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

Sport is entertainment.
    And teams are more than merely the sum of players' individual stats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Brad Boyes is not a 4th line player........NEXT
    Posted by Chappy28

EXAMPLE

insert any player you want..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Shawn Thorton has 2 stanley cup rings from 2 different organizations. How many players who are playing in this league atm can claim that? Not very many. So 2 championship teams saw something in him they needed to win.. enough said. Like it or not intimidation is part of hockey and allways will be, i saw some scared canucks last spring when he came into that series and his line was the best line for either team in game 7 !! Also seeing as NAS saw the fight with Neil, my guess is he didnt go get a drink at that time? Watched it right? Because its part of the entertainment value of hockey.
    Posted by puckhog9966

neely played for 2 teams and never won a cup.  thornton is definitely more valuable than neely ever was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

fact: his teammates love him. fact: they won their first stanley cup in 39 years WITH him in the lineup. fact: he's the most highly skilled of all the tough guys. fact: after every thornton goal or fight, this exact thread starts again. i'm sure thorty is flattered by all attention you give him NAS. why not start another thread about who's better TT or tuukka? that horse has not been beaten enough either. hey atleast the FIRE CLODE threads have stopped- FOR NOW!!!!!!! just silly. why not start a thread about what everyones favorite color is? just as valid. my guess is that NAS will TELL us it's his favorite color that should be everyone's favorite. awesome

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

fact: his teammates love him. fact: they won their first stanley cup in 39 years WITH him in the lineup. fact: he's the most highly skilled of all the tough guys. fact: after every thornton goal or fight, this exact thread starts again. i'm sure thorty is flattered by all attention you give him NAS. why not start another thread about who's better TT or tuukka? that horse has not been beaten enough either. hey atleast the FIRE CLODE threads have stopped- FOR NOW!!!!!!! just silly. why not start a thread about what everyones favorite color is? just as valid. my guess is that NAS will TELL us it's his favorite color that should be everyone's favorite. awesome
    Posted by adkbeesfan

chara, lucic and even mcquaid are more "highly skilled" than thornton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : chara, lucic and even mcquaid are more "highly skilled" than thornton.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

I think if you had a better understanding of the game you would know what he meant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Thornton's two cup rings do not state anything about how good he is, but they do state something about how bad he isn't.  He can thank Chara, Thomas, Pronger and Getzlaf for his rings. But being on winning teams shows that, as the least-most important player on a team, he doesn't cost a team that much.  He's good enough not to ruin a winner.  That's the most you can hope for with a guy that makes the least money and gets the least ice time on the team.  The fact that he contributes anything at all is a bonus.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

Can't believe the number of posters who seem to believe getting anyone to replace ThorNton will guarantee the Bs another Cup. I'll bet PC wishes being a GM was as easy as that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : I think if you had a better understanding of the game you would know what he meant.
    Posted by kelvana33

i'll excuse his misunderstanding....i've heard announcers refer to david krejci as a "tough guy" (montreal?)- can't remember but it was a knee slapper!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Can't believe the number of posters who seem to believe getting anyone to replace ThorNton will guarantee the Bs another Cup. I'll bet PC wishes being a GM was as easy as that.
    Posted by bbbfan40

what poster said that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : i'll excuse his misunderstanding....i've heard announcers refer to david krejci as a "tough guy" (montreal?)- can't remember but it was a knee slapper!  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

are you saying that chara, lucic and mcquaid aren't tough?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : are you saying that chara, lucic and mcquaid aren't tough?
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Oh wow...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Original comment when comparing Thronton to tough guys was referring to other teams enforcers. Ya gotta keep up.
    Posted by kelvana33

i know that.  i think chara, lucic and mcquaid can handle their own against other teams' skating clowns.  chara can manhandle a guy like shelley a lot easier than thornton can.  thornton doesn't lose many fights, but he doesn't seem to destroy too many guys either.  saying thornton has more talent than shelley isn't saying much for thornton.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : i know that.  i think chara, lucic and mcquaid can handle their own against other teams' skating clowns.  chara can manhandle a guy like shelley a lot easier than thornton can.  thornton doesn't lose many fights, but he doesn't seem to destroy too many guys either.  saying thornton has more talent than shelley isn't saying much for thornton.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Dude. Just stop. Who in there right mind wants Chara our Norris Trophy candidate defenseman who averages boat loads of minutes on pp, pk, and 5 on 5 in the box for 5 minutes for fighting with some clown? Who wins there?

Who in there right mind wants to see Lucic, third leading scorer and top line winger sitting in the box for 5 minutes PLUS.

A clown skates for maybe 6-7 minutes a night? Chara 20? Lucic 15ish?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the point is, do you want other teams "enforcers" to be trading punches with our skill guys? not a good trade in the box(let alone possible injury). atleast our "enforcer" can contribute to the team without being nearly as much a liability while on the ice. my last post EVER on  a NAS "clown" thread. this same discussion has taken place a hundred times. done

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thornton's two cup rings do not state anything about how good he is, but they do state something about how bad he isn't.  He can thank Chara, Thomas, Pronger and Getzlaf for his rings. But being on winning teams shows that, as the least-most important player on a team, he doesn't cost a team that much.  He's good enough not to ruin a winner.  That's the most you can hope for with a guy that makes the least money and gets the least ice time on the team.  The fact that he contributes anything at all is a bonus.
    Posted by OatesCam

very well put

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Skate Clown Skate! : Dude. Just stop. Who in there right mind wants Chara our Norris Trophy candidate defenseman who averages boat loads of minutes on pp, pk, and 5 on 5 in the box for 5 minutes for fighting with some clown? Who wins there? Who in there right mind wants to see Lucic, third leading scorer and top line winger sitting in the box for 5 minutes PLUS. A clown skates for maybe 6-7 minutes a night? Chara 20? Lucic 15ish? Get serious man.
    Posted by lambda13

i'm not saying they need to fight the clowns.  thornton is the one chasing the clowns around asking for a fight.  when the game means something, thornton isn't the one to step up and that's why chara went after shelley.

if thornton would've done this to cooke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9TemTZlweo  , or if he does it to sestito next time they play philly, i might have a different opinion of him.  he doesn't protect anybody on the b's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ask an NHL'er if they would be willing to cheap shot a Bruin with Thornton on the ice. He went after Shelley (I think?) when he hit Kelly. Didn't even wait just dropped them and went after him. It happens frequently. Quoting the Savard hit where no one did anything doesn't help the case. No one realized what happened until it was too late to do anything.

Sections
Shortcuts