Skating Clowns At A New Level

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Skating Clowns At A New Level

Can't remove your helmet for a fight?  Have the other guy remove it for you while you remove his!  What a joke.  As this stupidity gets worse, I'm leaning towards just banishing it all together.  Whatever.

See it here.

Goons are good for minor leagues.  This is the top league in the world.  I have no interest in seeing two boneheads dance and make out at the end.

Enough is enough.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Skating Clowns At A New Level

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Can't remove your helmet for a fight?  Have the other guy remove it for you while you remove his!  What a joke.  As this stupidity gets worse, I'm leaning towards just banishing it all together.  Whatever.

See it here.

Goons are good for minor leagues.  This is the top league in the world.  I have no interest in seeing two boneheads dance and make out at the end.

Enough is enough.

Next thing the other player will grab the opponents fists and hit them with their own fists.   If mad enough a helmet doesnt matter, they will tear it off.  Staged goonery should be called and players tossed.  Junior hockey has a fight minimum.  Im not 100 percent sure what their rule is.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

See it here.

Enough is enough.

Next thing the other player will grab the opponents fists and hit them with their own fists.   If mad enough a helmet doesnt matter, they will tear it off.  Staged goonery should be called and players tossed.  Junior hockey has a fight minimum.  Im not 100 percent sure what their rule is.  

Making them fight seems a little harsh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah because "maximum fights" is too stupid. Shupster!

And Pauly drops in LoL

Love this place!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pauly is one of my favorite posters.  The guy stops by randomly, blasts me with gems, and then disappears.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would be willing to bet when this rule came out the enforcers got together and found a way around it. I dont think this was a spur of the moment thing. I'm sure when this rule came out enforcers were concerned about injuring their hands on one anothers helmets and came up with this.

I love the fights when they are a result of the heat of battle, not stamping the enforcers union card.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Until the day the Fans boo a fight and the tv cameras turn away, there will always be fighting in Hockey. This is a passionate sport and players get angry when something happens they don't like.

Answer is to beat the crap out of someone. I personally enjoy a good/fair fight, These guys do have a code, like going to war and taking prisoners.

Of course no one wants to get seriously hurt, but the fact that Fans pay to see and enjoy fights, they will continue throughout the league

2 U's ... 2 K's ... 2 Long of Contract

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Any fight where one guy taps the other guy and says "nice job" after a fight is bad for the sport.

2 guys that fight out of hate is great for the sport. 

Staged fights need to go, and there is nothing more staged that removing each other's helmets.  Thought for a second that Gallant and Barch were going to start making out...guess they did like most goons do....after the fight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I would love to know who's the genius that came up or suggested  that if you remove your helmet in a fight it's a 2mins penalty.  It's an excuse for some players not to receive a Lucic knuckle to the nose.  It's the injuries that it can cause that bothers me.

Grandfathering the visor ... ugh .... any player from the AHL , Juniors coming into the league must have the visor.

The good thing is there's no penalty for ripping off someone else's helmet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I would love to know who's the genius that came up or suggested  that if you remove your helmet in a fight it's a 2mins penalty.  It's an excuse for some players not to receive a Lucic knuckle to the nose.  It's the injuries that it can cause that bothers me.

Grandfathering the visor ... ugh .... any player from the AHL , Juniors coming into the league must have the visor.

The good thing is there's no penalty for ripping off someone else's visor.

Bs, do you think with making visors mandatory and the taking off the helmet penalty is their way of trying to get fighting out of the game? My buddy brought this up and i disagreed. I think the visor rule is to protect players eyes and the helmet rule is so nobody hits their head on the ice. I dont think either was done to eliminate fighting, but both will deter it to a point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The good thing is there's no penalty for ripping off someone else's visor.

Bs, do you think with making visors mandatory and the taking off the helmet penalty is their way of trying to get fighting out of the game? My buddy brought this up and i disagreed. I think the visor rule is to protect players eyes and the helmet rule is so nobody hits their head on the ice. I dont think either was done to eliminate fighting, but both will deter it to a point.

Don't know about the eliminating fighting , what I do think is the NHL had to show they're serious about concussions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's a good question though Kelv. Who's going to try n punch Soderberg, when his visor goes down to the middle of his chest ?

I am for the new rule, player coming in from the AHL or OHL, is good but it is really a sneaky way to curb fighting. Hey it if gets Fraser or Smith on the 4th, oh yeah I like it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thats my argument Bs. Especially with whats happened to some of the enforcers (Boogard,Belak etc..) they had to do something. I'm not sure the NHL wants fighting eliminated from the game, their is still a strong contigent of fans who beleive it's a big part of the game, especially up north.
    As for the visors, I understand why the NHL is doing it, I just think it should be up to the individual.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thats my argument Bs. Especially with whats happened to some of the enforcers (Boogard,Belak etc..) they had to do something. I'm not sure the NHL wants fighting eliminated from the game, their is still a strong contigent of fans who beleive it's a big part of the game, especially up north.
    As for the visors, I understand why the NHL is doing it, I just think it should be up to the individual.

Not wearing a visor is stupid.  The players are too stupid to recognize this so they had to mandate it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Face Cages for everyone. No more career-ending eye injuries, no more fake high-sticking penalties, and, most importantly, no more fighting.

These staged fights bring the game down and make the NHL - and those who who make the NHL think it's essential - look stupid.

Referees police the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And Pauly drops in LoL

Love this place!

Sally San likely want full cages and nerf hockey pucks and sticks.   Eeeek violence.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So does the new rule mean no more goalie fights?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I would be willing to bet when this rule came out the enforcers got together and found a way around it. I dont think this was a spur of the moment thing. I'm sure when this rule came out enforcers were concerned about injuring their hands on one anothers helmets and came up with this.

I love the fights when they are a result of the heat of battle, not stamping the enforcers union card.

God help us if the day ever comes when hockey in some quarters is referred to as sports entertainment like pro wrestling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Face Cages for everyone. No more career-ending eye injuries, no more fake high-sticking penalties, and, most importantly, no more fighting.

These staged fights bring the game down and make the NHL - and those who who make the NHL think it's essential - look stupid.

I say never. Some college games I go to the stick work is incredible. Too much a feeling of invinsibilty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And Pauly drops in LoL

Love this place!

Sally San likely want full cages and nerf hockey pucks and sticks.   Eeeek violence.  

Shupe in mid-season form.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I say never. Some college games I go to the stick work is incredible. Too much a feeling of invinsibilty.

I played at a decent level, always with a cage.  That I can recall, I never cracked anyone in the face with my stick and can only remember a few times that I took a stick to the cage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Kelv i played college at unb.  ontario and us colleges use full cage.  Full cages became a weapon when hitting.  The stick work was brutal.  Why?   Bc no one had to answer the bell.  Ever.  if the nhl ever takes fighting out injuries to star players will rise and rise.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Any fight where one guy taps the other guy and says "nice job" after a fight is bad for the sport.

2 guys that fight out of hate is great for the sport. 

Staged fights need to go, and there is nothing more staged that removing each other's helmets.  Thought for a second that Gallant and Barch were going to start making out...guess they did like most goons do....after the fight.

Rick Tochett & Neely did it. So did Probert & McSorley. Your statement is wrong!

Sections
Shortcuts