Skills Competition..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Skills Competition..

agree, however i did like the backwards fastest skater race

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Best moment of the night for me was the goalie race.

I look over at my GF and go Thomas is going way to fast he's going to wipe out. Not even one second later BOOM down goes Timmy. We had a good laugh.

Oh and Dadanov was by far the worst I have ever seen in the trick break away contest. Subban got a laugh out of me by putting on Skinner's jersey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Skills Competition..:
    I've always looked forward to it but it's starting go downhill..It's way too busy, too much going on at once...Some are stupid with the passing into the little nets...The format was better years ago when just one shooter went at a time..the camers on versus tried the split screen and it failed miserably...I do like the stylish points on breakways, but if i'm Marc-Andre Fleury not sure how crazy i am about Subban swinging his stick over the net while he is behind it...I see this being an issue in the future..
    Posted by kelvana33

Totally agree about the accuracy shooting. They changed the way the split screen was after the first round because it was a total fail. I miss the days of Bourque when it was 1 person at a time whoever hits the targets with the least amount of shots wins. i think the "timed" version is lame.

I was still really impressed with D. Sedin though 4 for 4 is awesome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Corey Perry had the best breakaway. I was bummed he lost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think there should be a "tough guy" competition... the problem is , subban would enter and then wuss out at the last second, or "fall" as soon as the first punch was thrown. fluery should have waived his stick at pk-billy smith style.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Some things I would like to see added to the skills competition:
    -Zamboni pulling. Harness a skater to a zamboni and have him pull it from goal line to goal line. You could even have this as a race. The trick will be to get out of the harness before the zamboni and it's momentum flatten you against the end boards.
    -Puck eating contest. Not real pucks of course but tasty cakes shaped/sized like official NHL pucks, logo and all. Not sure why but I suspect Byfuglien could do well at this.
    -Pummeling. Why leave the goons out of the all-star festivities? Let them square off and have at it. Maybe a round robin format. Last goon standing gets free dental for a year.
    -Head hunting. Not what you are probably thinking...It would be a shooting accuracy contest where the shooter get three tries to fire a puck from the blue line at a dummy of Gary Bettman strapped to the net. (I'd prefer to use the real Bettman but I think it might be illegal).The object is to complete remove his pointy little head from his body. Points can also be earned for hitting him in the 'nads.
    -Treasure hunt. First player to find the buried CBA in the zamboni pile out back gets a...Zamboni! You thought it would be a car, didn't you? Oh, and the players are in full gear with their hands tied behind their back so they basically have to eat their way through the snow/ice and come out with the CBA in their teeth, if they have any. 
    -Diving. Instead of complaining about diving, maybe we shoudl embrace it? It seems like it's part of the game and not going away any time soon. So a player skates around while several other players commit borderline infractions upon said player who then must try to sell it as a blatant penalty to the refs. Points are awarded for successfully "earning" a penalty, style, whining and grimacing as though your spleen was just removed with trowel. The winner thinks he is getting a car but really gets an at-large bid in the Pummeling contest mentioned above.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

-Diving. Instead of complaining about diving, maybe we shoudl embrace it? It seems like it's part of the game and not going away any time soon. So a player skates around while several other players commit borderline infractions upon said player who then must try to sell it as a blatant penalty to the refs. Points are awarded for successfully "earning" a penalty, style, whining and grimacing as though your spleen was just removed with trowel. The winner thinks he is getting a car but really gets an at-large bid in the Pummeling contest mentioned above.

Damn all you'd have to do we'd be put a Canadien out there and you auto win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Skills Competition..:

Damn all you'd have to do we'd be put a Canadien out there and you auto win.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Good point by you. :P

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Skills Competition..:
    Did nobody else hear Matt Duchene say he "had too much vodka last night" after his attempt in the fastest skater?  That was the best part of the night I thought.
    Posted by BopGun9

Haha yeah i did forgot about that though lol.

Sections
Shortcuts