SKINNER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: SKINNER

In Response to SKINNER:
    Has been added to the all star game (with the big boys) this guy plays with heart and guts same with T hall for all the people who keep making excusses for Seguin you need to watch these rookies, and some of you will say they are getting more ice time and your RIGHT!! because they earn it. Seguin has better players around him so that should leave him open more while hall n skinner are there teams go to guys and still getting it done. Point is Seguin is soft and while he has good skill you cant teach bravery and this kid is just that very scared when it comes to the dirty areas. CJ has pointed this out that he has to be willing to battle harder and go into the dirty areas more often!!! The problem is courage is something the bruins have no control over when handleing TS. The word here in CAN is that his days before plymouth he was a P#$@#y so for those who continue to make excusses for him i suggest you watch the other rookies mentioned above.... they are exciting to watch same cant be said for the segul   
    Posted by uppercut

Wow.I also live in Canada and have no idea what you're talking about.You say the word was that he was a pansie in bantam?Maybe PC didn't have access to Seguin's bantam numbers before the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Well when I read the scouting reports on Seguin he was compared to Sakic, Stakos and Stevie Y.  None of those player were or are physical players so I am not sure what you were expecting.  His readiness for the NHL was also in question but he was suppose to have the highest upside of any player in the Draft.  I willing to wait to see if he reaches that upside.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER:
    Well when I read the scouting reports on Seguin he was compared to Sakic, Stakos and Stevie Y.  None of those player were or are physical players so I am not sure what you were expecting.  His readiness for the NHL was also in question but he was suppose to have the highest upside of any player in the Draft.  I willing to wait to see if he reaches that upside.
    Posted by Orrthebest

No way.It must happen now or else I'm gonna lose it.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i don't think Seguin is playing with anyone even close to the caliber of player Eric Staal is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

i don't think Seguin is playing with anyone even close to the caliber of player Eric Staal is.
    Posted by kelvana33

Talent-wise,the Staal brothers are arguably the best of the brothers to have played in the NHL.The Sutters had lots play in the NHL but most of them weren't stars like all of the Staals.The Turgeons were good and there was also the Howes but talent-wise I think it's between the Staals and the Gretzky brothers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : Talent-wise,the Staal brothers are arguably the best of the brothers to have played in the NHL.The Sutters had lots play in the NHL but most of them weren't stars like all of the Staals.The Turgeons were good and there was also the Howes but talent-wise I think it's between the Staals and the Gretzky brothers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The Esposito's weren't half bad Dez

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

The best brothers- Sedin Brothers.

Edmonton is terrible so playing time is not a problem with Edmonton for Hall, Skinner in Carolina is the same and Stamkos was also in the same situatiom.  Seguin is being coddleed ala Joe Thornton.  You truly want to see what he can do put him in the middle of Lucic and Burgeron and let them play you will see a different player.  Third and Forth line minutes do not help you grow as a player they just help you sustain once you have flattened out or are coiming to the end.  The fans on this board would not like seguin getting 2 g 2 a but being a -1 in a game. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : The Esposito's weren't half bad Dez
    Posted by stevegm

Awesome call.It was off the cuff and I knew I was forgetting many sets of brothers but wow.I can't believe I forgot them.I'll put them at the top out of bias but the Staals are close(getting close to them in Cups I think).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The best brothers- Sedin Brothers. Edmonton is terrible so playing time is not a problem with Edmonton for Hall, Skinner in Carolina is the same and Stamkos was also in the same situatiom.  Seguin is being coddleed ala Joe Thornton.  You truly want to see what he can do put him in the middle of Lucic and Burgeron and let them play you will see a different player.  Third and Forth line minutes do not help you grow as a player they just help you sustain once you have flattened out or are coiming to the end.  The fans on this board would not like seguin getting 2 g 2 a but being a -1 in a game. 
    Posted by tman0325

That stat line wouldn't bother me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I don't know but playing with Staal is not nothing.  Best player in deepest draft ever of 2003-2nd pick overall, has most Gms Goals Assist and Points, but 12th in Pen mins.

Seg has 3 as well, but not any playing time with any.

3rd pick Horton  Gms 3rd - Goals 5th  - Assists 8th  -  Points  6th  -  Pen Mins -8th
    45th     Berg          11th -   12th     -        3rd      -      9th        -  45th where he was picked, imagine he does not lose a year plus to injury.
    21st   Stuart        38th(11thD) -  11th for D-  18thD    -    16th D - 22nd(9thD)
     Year 2003 never ceases to amaze me of its depth, players between Stu and Berg we could have had Mike Richards, Corey Perry, Louis Erickson or we could have had the Rangers pick 12th overal Hugh Jessiman the only player in 1st round to not play in the NHL.

Hall is playing with Horcoff and Penner, 2 players a lot of people would like here, but I'll abstain.

I do agree Skinner and Hall are having better years and Seg has not found his groove, and he is playing peripherally(which is ok if that is his style).  I for one wanted Seg over Hall, I expected a slower start of Seg from Hall but still hope that his career will be better.  I really wanted Skinner last year and wanted the B's to find a way to get him last year but once again, wanted Seg more and will expect a better career here as well.

Both these players play on more run and gun type teams and not for CJ, Hall plays 6 mins more and Skinner 4 mins more than Seg.

Seg will be the better player.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Play seguin more minutes and live with his good and bad so he can grow.  I do not want to hear about earning playing time the people above we talked about did not earn playing time they were handed it than performed to keep it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Play seguin more minutes and live with his good and bad so he can grow.  I do not want to hear about earning playing time the people above we talked about did not earn playing time they were handed it than performed to keep it.
    Posted by tman0325

None of the others play on teams that can match Boston's depth so it's not exactly a fair comparison.Boston doesn't need to play him and live with his mistakes(hypothetically speaking).That said,I'm all for seeing him get more ice time.I think he's one of the teams most exciting players and I'm anxious to see more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Agreed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : Awesome call.It was off the cuff and I knew I was forgetting many sets of brothers but wow.I can't believe I forgot them.I'll put them at the top out of bias but the Staals are close(getting close to them in Cups I think).
    Posted by dezaruchi

There's also this family called the Richards. They're not very well known, but supposedly these two brothers, Henri and some guy named Maurice (no I've never heard of him either) won 19 Stanley Cups between the two of them. But you're right, that's not very impressive. ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : There's also this family called the Richards. They're not very well known, but supposedly these two brothers, Henri and some guy named Maurice (no I've never heard of him either) won 19 Stanley Cups between the two of them. But you're right, that's not very impressive. ;-)
    Posted by red75

I'm able to mentally block out Hab Cup wins.Serenity now!Serenity now!Very impressive though.You're absolutely right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Cups don't mean good brothers but good teams,  the Stasny Bros. were ok too

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Cups don't mean good brothers but good teams,  the Stasny Bros. were ok too
    Posted by tman0325

Absolutely!Very underrated players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : Absolutely!Very underrated players.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Ok.  Think we've got most of em now.  My vote would be the Esposito's, followed closely by the hated Rocket Bros.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to SKINNER:
    Has been added to the all star game (with the big boys) this guy plays with heart and guts same with T hall for all the people who keep making excusses for Seguin you need to watch these rookies, and some of you will say they are getting more ice time and your RIGHT!! because they earn it. Seguin has better players around him so that should leave him open more while hall n skinner are there teams go to guys and still getting it done. Point is Seguin is soft and while he has good skill you cant teach bravery and this kid is just that very scared when it comes to the dirty areas. CJ has pointed this out that he has to be willing to battle harder and go into the dirty areas more often!!! The problem is courage is something the bruins have no control over when handleing TS. The word here in CAN is that his days before plymouth he was a P#$@#y so for those who continue to make excusses for him i suggest you watch the other rookies mentioned above.... they are exciting to watch same cant be said for the segul   
    Posted by uppercut

Someone must have given you an uppercut to the jaw.

The punch has done damage, no doubt about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : Ok.  Think we've got most of em now.  My vote would be the Esposito's, followed closely by the hated Rocket Bros.
    Posted by stevegm

As much as I hate the Habs, I'd give Rocket and the Pocket a slight edge, just based on the Richards having slightly longer combined careers and far more playoff success (plus there's that whole Maurice having a trophy named after him thing) - but all four of those guys are Hall of Famers, and you could easily argue to put the Espos in front.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Can't forget the HULLS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Would have been pretty cool if the Plager (Bob, Bill and Barclay) brothers had have been Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: SKINNER : As much as I hate the Habs, I'd give Rocket and the Pocket a slight edge, just based on the Richards having slightly longer combined careers and far more playoff success (plus there's that whole Maurice having a trophy named after him thing) - but all four of those guys are Hall of Famers, and you could easily argue to put the Espos in front.
    Posted by red75

can't argue with your logic Red75.  my habs-hate probably clouds my judgement a bit on this one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

You can teach defense but it's harder to teach speed, vision, and shooting - all attributes that Seguin has. Seguin will improve over the next 5-7 years and become a great player, if not I'll be shocked.

He's just not there defensively - evidenced by him not playing much in the 3rd period of a close game and that he switches with Wheeler on the defensive side. Giving him more minutes would likely improve his game and boost his progression, however, it would probably cost the Bs some games. (I blame the second LA goal on Seguin as he wasn't aware of his defensive responsibility)

As a side note, Seguin's "High energy play of the game" spot is done with the least amount of energy I've ever seen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Seguin despite the fact that he gets less ice time doesnt have a great year ...lets wait and see his 2nd half before judging ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Sections
Shortcuts