Slim Pickings for UFA's but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Slim Pickings for UFA's but...

Now that the Bruin's mngt. are clear on Horton and McQuaid injuries. This just a perception thought.

The Roster is more clearer now:

Looch Krejci Horton
    March Bergy Seguin
    ?????  Kelly Peverly
    Paille Camp Thorn

Chara Boys
    Sieds  ???? maybe krug/hamilton
    Ference McQuaid

Rask
    Kudo

Option #1

Only players that are still available are:
     Brunette - no thanx , Doan- cost is to high, Arnott- maybe, Rolston- invitee to training camp, Semin- do not need now Horton is ready but one player that could help with secondary scoring for the 3rd line is Sykora

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Sykora Kelly Peverly
    Paille Camp Thorn
    Caron

Option # 2

If Rolston signs we change the line up to: w/o Sykora
    Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Caron Kelly Peverly
    Paille Camp Thorn
    Rolston -can take Thornton's spot against certain teams and can be low cost fill in for injuries and some back to back gms., personally Rolston can score more goals on the 4th line then Thornton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Slim Pickings for UFA's but...

I think if Rolston can play the way he did when he came over he can easily take the third line position. I also think Caron is good enough to start on the third line.

We have basically our entire roster shored up. I don't think we need any more UFA signings or any other type of help. With a healthy Horton the B's are a dominant team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

I think you can expect option 2 to start the season, only without Rolston.  I'm betting PC will call Rolston's agent if long-term injuries hit the top 9 but Rolston isn't going to sign a 2-way deal and PC/Julien would probably rather explore some of their options already under contract in Spooner, Knight, Bourque, Macdermid, Sauve, Hennesy, etc.  the Bruins haven't been afraid to bump Pevs or Kelly up to the top 6 in short term instances rather than scrambling for top 6 talent.  I also think the third line wing is Caron's to lose, they need to find out if he's got enough game with his ELC ending.  I wouldn't expect Thornton to sit in the regular season regardless of opponent, he has averaged 78 games over the last 4 seasons with Boston and just signed an extension. 

The cap also prevents us from signing anybody since Thomas won't be traded unless the new CBA is confirmed and contains a cap floor.  PC seems very content with keeping Savard's contract on the cap as well, wouldn't expect that to change unless there is a glaring need due to injuries.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wanted a wing signed, but with Horton cleared to play I'm OK with things. Caron scored at a 15 goal pace so anyone else wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caron/Sauve/Cunningham/Knight/Spooner/Camper/Bourque should be allowed to fight for that last spot on the 3rd line, winner gets to play. If they can't cut it then trade for a veteran winger in November or December.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Slim Pickings for UFA's but...:
    [QUOTE]Caron/Sauve/Cunningham/Knight/Spooner/Camper/Bourque should be allowed to fight for that last spot on the 3rd line, winner gets to play. If they can't cut it then trade for a veteran winger in November or December.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like the way to go for PC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Speaking of free agents I ran into Jeremy Reich the other day (no im not saying we should sign him).  I live in BC and he seemed pretty suprised that I knew who he was.  I didnt know but he spent last year playing in Germany

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Let one of the young players fight for the third line spot, don't bring in a scrub like Pouliot again.

As for defence, PC has made it clear that Hamilton will be one of the 6. 

I hope the Devils suck and Clarkson becomes available before the deadline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Bruins don't really do the traditional third-line approach, as they tend to roll four lines, so why not mix it up a bit, use the assets the team already has, and build on that balanced approach? Give the opposition fits trying to get matchups

Lucic Seguin Peverley
    Marchand Bergeron Horton
    Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team
    Paille Campbell Thorton

Balance the lineup out as much as possible. That would be a hrad as heck lineup to matchup against.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins don't really do the traditional third-line approach, as they tend to roll four lines, so why not mix it up a bit, use the assets the team already has, and build on that balanced approach? Give the opposition fits trying to get matchups Lucic Seguin Horton Marchand Bergeron Whooever plays their way onto the team Kelly Krejci Peverley Paille Campbell Thorton Balance the lineup out as much as possible, and Bergeron has proven he can play with young players on his line.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that third line with Peverley and Krejci both being pass first types. I'd like to see Lucic-Krejci-Horton back together to start the season off to see if they can rekindle the Chemistry they had. Then if that doesn't work out mix it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins don't really do the traditional third-line approach, as they tend to roll four lines, so why not mix it up a bit, use the assets the team already has, and build on that balanced approach? Give the opposition fits trying to get matchups Lucic Seguin Peverley Marchand Bergeron Horton Kelly Krejci Whoever plays their way on the team Paille Campbell Thorton Balance the lineup out as much as possible. That would be a hrad as heck lineup to matchup against.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Watch out, suggesting Seguin play center and Krecji go on the 3rd line is anathama to some on these boards.

I do agree with you though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bisson, I edited my lineup

And JMW, I'm not suggesting you put him on the third-line, more like I'm suggesting you don't have a third line - structure the lineup so it balances out closer to 1A, 1B, and 1C, with a fourth line. Build on CJ's balanced approach and spread legiitimate scoring threats across all three lines, and dare the opposition to figure out how to match up against it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Bisson, I edited my lineup And JMW, I'm not suggesting you put him on the third-line, more like I'm suggesting you don't have a third line - structure the lineup so it balances out closer to 1A, 1B, and 1C, with a fourth line. Build on CJ's balanced approach and spread legiitimate scoring threats across all three lines, and dare the opposition to figure out how to match up against it.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. If CJ does do this I would respect him for trying something new.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You could balance it even more with something like
    Looch Seguin Pevs
    Marchand Bergeron Young gun
    Kelly Krejci Horton

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i think the third line spot is Caron's to lose....

if Hamilton isn't ready to see regular duty, even if only on the third pairing, the B'S must look elsewhere....  Krug needs at least one full year in the ahl, he's only played half-years the past three seasons....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Caron/Sauve/Cunningham/Knight/Spooner/Camper/Bourque should be allowed to fight for that last spot on the 3rd line, winner gets to play. If they can't cut it then trade for a veteran winger in November or December.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thats the route I take. Lets get 1 or 2 of these kids in the line up. I think Caron has the inside track but would not suprise me a bit if Bourque makes a strong bid to make the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

All I wanted to see this this off season was their PP improve...dosn't seem likely.

20. This post has been removed.