Small move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

Small move

One name I'm not seeing anyone mention as a possible fit in Boston (to take Recchi's spot) is Kobasew.
    He's unrestricted, won't cost much, was well liked in the room while in Boston, gives CJ another excellent penalty killer and certainly has the wheels to fit in well with Bergy/Marchand.

Obviously he's been injury prone and hasn't done a ton lately, but if you brought him in cheaply if he didn't work out it's no loss. If he's healthy it gives us another veteran option if someone gets hurt or some of the kids don't "show well" in camp.
    Just a thought...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

Re: Small move

This coming from a man who's so "respected" half the people who read this board have you on ignore...and you wonder why...

In Response to Re: Small move:
    [QUOTE]are you totally insane? he bites!
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I really like Kobasew and was grieved to see him go.  He gave his all, was a skilled checker, and scored one goal sliding on his knees I'll never forget.  

Most bloggers felt that his career was in decline and management made the wise move.  I read that he hasn't done so well with the Wild. 

I for one would like to see him back.  But it makes more sense, and is more exciting, to watch the new talent come up to take the few spots available.  There may be some stellar talent among Caron, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, etc, and if they don't have a chance they will never shine in the NHL.

So, no..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]I really like Kobasew and was grieved to see him go.  He gave his all, was a skilled checker, and scored one goal sliding on his knees I'll never forget.   Most bloggers felt that his career was in decline and management made the wise move.  I read that he hasn't done so well with the Wild.  I for one would like to see him back.  But it makes more sense, and is more exciting, to watch the new talent come up to take the few spots available.  There may be some stellar talent among Caron, Sauve, Knight, Spooner, etc, and if they don't have a chance they will never shine in the NHL. So, no..
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

That's funny, Carolina, before I read your post, I was gonna post saying I will never forget that goal sliding on his knees...

I don't think I've ever met a Bruins fan who said they hated Chucky...

He has speed, a good shot, had the local ties to BC, and ALWAYS gave it his all...

I think 'Sota used him more as a checking winger, which might be part of the reason his numbers dropped...

And while a line of 3rd line of Kobasew-Kelly-Seguin would certainly entice me, I think you are right in that those mins. should go to a young gun who proves himself like a Caron...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Small move : That's funny, Carolina, before I read your post, I was gonna post saying I will never forget that goal sliding on his knees... I don't think I've ever met a Bruins fan who said they hated Chucky... He has speed, a good shot, had the local ties to BC, and ALWAYS gave it his all... I think 'Sota used him more as a checking winger, which might be part of the reason his numbers dropped... And while a line of 3rd line of Kobasew-Kelly-Seguin would certainly entice me, I think you are right in that those mins. should go to a young gun who proves himself like a Caron...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

On King Henrik NO LESS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Fair Enough!
    But I like the orginal post!  If you get him for very little and a kid steps up in camp, you can keep him around for either 4th line minutes or injury.
    I thought Chucky was a Great Bruin!  I think his trade if I remember correctly came at a time when management was sending a message to the room!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonia. Show CactusTonia's posts

Indeed, he really bites!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Chuck is damaged goods.  He also doesn't bring what Recchi does.  Chuck is a veteran grinder.  Recchi was a hall of famer.  One of those two has a much bigger impact in the dressing room and under the pressure of a cup final than the other.  The Bruins have rookies that could bring what Koba would.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I honestly like this idea as a replacement for Recchi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

There are probably better options out there than Kobasew, but if he could replicate what he did here before the trade he would be a good addition. Also, ex-Bruins in the UFA pool they could go after are:
    Byron Bitz
    Marco Sturm
    Jordan Knackstedt
    Nick Boynton
    Matt Hunwick
    Hannu Toivonen
    The baby B's would be loaded!

Sections
Shortcuts