Smith Exceeding Expectations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Smith Exceeding Expectations

At the start of the season I was so excited about Eriksson. I think the best part of the trade is this kid Smith. I mean it one hell of a standout year for the kids. Krug has been fantastic. Bartowski is as adervitised. Spooner has been absent in two games but is ready for the big club. Caron has had more moments but needs consistant play and I can see him being a trade chip later. Fraser is okay not as explosive as everyone thinks. Johnson had an interesting night. Hamilton is really putting all together before injury but this kids Smith gets my blood pumping. He makes the game exciting. If Eriksson returns in the near future they need to keep Riley on the second line in my humble opinion. Kevin Miller has been also a really steady Eddy as well and need to give him some props. Cheers boys on a fun win tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Smith Exceeding Expectations

Exceeding expectations?

I'm not even sure there was some Mac! I honestly didnt know what to expect from the kid, but your right, he's been terrific.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just crazy.  He's been so consistent and had a lot of clutch plays in big spots.  He's been good everywhere too.  I know he's older, but it reminds me a lot of Bergeron's rookie season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seguin minus- 2, 33% in the dot, 4:45 PP TOI and does nothing to stop the Hawks tonight. Too bad Tyler can't play crappy clubs every night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Just crazy.  He's been so consistent and had a lot of clutch plays in big spots.  He's been good everywhere too.  I know he's older, but it reminds me a lot of Bergeron's rookie season.

I'm shocked by how much he has contributed on the power play. Does not look out of place at all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

He has to be the early favorite for the Seventh Player Award.  Krug belongs in that conversation as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Consistent, very smart with the puck and  good along the boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He's certainly been a pleasant surprise. Good work ethic and smart with and without the puck. I thought after the first few games he would fade, but not so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Not exceeding mine....what you see is nothing compare to whats coming....this kid is young , bery young he is just starting to adjust to the BRUINS system, he will be even better after January and in the playoffs ...aint seen nothing yet.

Same for Matt Fraser , only his 2nd game with the B's and got a few chances last night , he will fill up the net believe me. Not the same kind of player but great hands, great sense of hockey .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:

At the start of the season I was so excited about Eriksson. I think the best part of the trade is this kid Smith. I mean it one hell of a standout year for the kids. Krug has been fantastic. Bartowski is as adervitised. Spooner has been absent in two games but is ready for the big club. Caron has had more moments but needs consistant play and I can see him being a trade chip later. Fraser is okay not as explosive as everyone thinks. Johnson had an interesting night. Hamilton is really putting all together before injury but this kids Smith gets my blood pumping. He makes the game exciting. If Eriksson returns in the near future they need to keep Riley on the second line in my humble opinion. Kevin Miller has been also a really steady Eddy as well and need to give him some props. Cheers boys on a fun win tonight.

I agree if the bruins want make a quick trade the capitals are looking for good propsects for Erat, Caron and and 2nd rd pick can get the deal done. Erat can get his playing time while the bruins forwards are mending. Erat is hungry to get playing time but the draw back is 4.75 mill cap space for the next 2 years. Erat can fit into bruins line up and style.

My concern at the monent is the injury woes may catch up to the bruins team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

We went to see the young Providence B's in Vancouver Saturday night. I was treated to to goals by none other then Riley Smith. The kid deserves to stay right where he is at on the second line.

Assessment of an embarrassing night in Vancouver. (brought my fiance to her first game ever...only good thing that came out it is she hates the Canucks officially now)

Is it my imagination or is Rask in his head way to much. He stopped having fun. He is letting in awful goals. Just awful ones.

Spooner is struggling wtih consistent play.

Caron is just fine on 4th line but still looks like trade bait for a 3rd line winger. You can bundle him up with Marchand and not a bad deal for a good winger.

Johnson and Fraser were forgetable. Soderberg carried them all night. Campbell Bergeron and Krejci doing it all. Mr Boston Iggy...standing up for all of us B's fans on the west coast while Thorton is out.

I don't know why Krug got the blame. Boychuck and Chara were flat. Seidenberg live is like watching a determined shark going for his kill. He is just awesome. Bartowski has made a home I think in so many ways. So poised a kid. Really like his game.

No fun to get heckled in Vancouver. But there was lots of Bruins fans. Really nice to see. So many No. 4 and No. 17 shirts walking around. I sat in a crowd of B's fans. They were actually very nice. Flu bug and the Providence Roster. We were bound to lose a few. Seeing Luongo in Person and his injury antic I now understand why he needs someone to pump his tires and Kesler is quite the dirty player at times. Lots off camera stuff.

Wish you had all been there would have bought you a beer. But I got my christmas present early.

I am coming home in Jan. Is it worth catching Monarchs and Providence Bruins????? while I am there. Big Boys are on another West Coast Trip. Cheers and Merry Christmas to you all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

He hasnt even reached MY EXPECTATIONS yet ....until he becomes the Bruins no.1 in points ...it shouldnt be too long ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nice post, a good assessment of the play.  Rask looked like he had the flu.  

In response to Macfact's comment:

We went to see the young Providence B's in Vancouver Saturday night. I was treated to to goals by none other then Riley Smith. The kid deserves to stay right where he is at on the second line.

Assessment of an embarrassing night in Vancouver. (brought my fiance to her first game ever...only good thing that came out it is she hates the Canucks officially now)

Is it my imagination or is Rask in his head way to much. He stopped having fun. He is letting in awful goals. Just awful ones.

Spooner is struggling wtih consistent play.

Caron is just fine on 4th line but still looks like trade bait for a 3rd line winger. You can bundle him up with Marchand and not a bad deal for a good winger.

Johnson and Fraser were forgetable. Soderberg carried them all night. Campbell Bergeron and Krejci doing it all. Mr Boston Iggy...standing up for all of us B's fans on the west coast while Thorton is out.

I don't know why Krug got the blame. Boychuck and Chara were flat. Seidenberg live is like watching a determined shark going for his kill. He is just awesome. Bartowski has made a home I think in so many ways. So poised a kid. Really like his game.

No fun to get heckled in Vancouver. But there was lots of Bruins fans. Really nice to see. So many No. 4 and No. 17 shirts walking around. I sat in a crowd of B's fans. They were actually very nice. Flu bug and the Providence Roster. We were bound to lose a few. Seeing Luongo in Person and his injury antic I now understand why he needs someone to pump his tires and Kesler is quite the dirty player at times. Lots off camera stuff.

Wish you had all been there would have bought you a beer. But I got my christmas present early.

I am coming home in Jan. Is it worth catching Monarchs and Providence Bruins????? while I am there. Big Boys are on another West Coast Trip. Cheers and Merry Christmas to you all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Give it time and Jordan Caron will catch up to Zach Hamill in most mentions in a proposed trade. Cause while your 1st round pick is struggling to play on the 4th line years later, other teams will want to give us a valuable player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not exceeding mine.

------

Before the Bruins traded for Smith you had no clue who he was. 

Your expectations were zilch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Give it time and Jordan Caron will catch up to Zach Hamill in most mentions in a proposed trade. Cause while your 1st round pick is struggling to play on the 4th line years later, other teams will want to give us a valuable player.

Perhaps Cross could sweeten the deal?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Throwing Cross into every deal would appeal to me, just to annoy BadHab.  I know how much it would kill him if the Bruins did deal his binky.  Worse that Stanley when they ditched this guy:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Not exceeding mine.

------

You have not seen my posts back in Sept , when I said that R.Smith was a sure bet to make the B's .....saw him several games with Dallas on NHL Center Ice and when the B's got him on the Seguin trade I was much more excited by him than by L.Erickson ....Smith and Morrow will both play on the starting line up next fall and if we get more injuries you will get the chance tomsee Morrow in action ....I hope that Fraser get a few goals in the next 2-3 games its his best chance to show his talent wich we havent seen yet , he takes a bit more time than I was expected to adjust to the NHL but its only a matter of time before he nets a few and starts to shine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Time for Fletch to dig up some threads once again.  

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Not exceeding mine.

------

You have not seen my posts back in Sept , when I said that R.Smith was a sure bet to make the B's .....saw him several games with Dallas on NHL Center Ice and when the B's got him on the Seguin trade I was much more excited by him than by L.Erickson ....Smith and Morrow will both play on the starting line up next fall and if we get more injuries you will get the chance tomsee Morrow in action ....I hope that Fraser get a few goals in the next 2-3 games its his best chance to show his talent wich we havent seen yet , he takes a bit more time than I was expected to adjust to the NHL but its only a matter of time before he nets a few and starts to shine.

Sections
Shortcuts