Smyth and Whitney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Smyth and Whitney

http://bruinstalkradio.com/blogs/boston-bruins-trade-rumors-attractive-oilers/

Not sure if this has already been discussed to death but interesting thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Re: Smyth and Whitney

Didn't we make a similar trade a few years ago - the trade that got us Mark Recchi.  We dealt a pick and prospect Matt Lashoff for a good vet?  Let's hope a similar deal (2nd rounder + Zach Hamill) lands us Ryan Smyth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I thought it was ray lol. a guy that would certainly help the Bs vill a void up front, good skills and leadership. Smyth ive never been a fan of ever, but his speed could, would imporve the teams transdition game. The other Ray i dont know about but id hes what they say he is and cheap, may be worth the risk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Smyth and Whitney:
    [QUOTE]Didn't we make a similar trade a few years ago - the trade that got us Mark Recchi.  We dealt a pick and prospect Matt Lashoff for a good vet?  Let's hope a similar deal (2nd rounder + Zach Hamill) lands us Ryan Smyth.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

I doubt we get anything for Hamill, cleared waivers twice without being clamed, and doesn't seem to possess any skill, plus he's small and weak compared to other NHLers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't we make a similar trade a few years ago - the trade that got us Mark Recchi.  We dealt a pick and prospect Matt Lashoff for a good vet?  Let's hope a similar deal (2nd rounder + Zach Hamill) lands us Ryan Smyth.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla[/QUOTE]

no. we didn't include a pick in that trade. we got one. karsums and lashoff for recchi and a 2nd (somehow)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Kampfer being sent down to Providence indicates to me something is close on the horizon in the way of D Depth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]Kampfer being sent down to Providence indicates to me something is close on the horizon in the way of D Depth.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    or they might just be getting him some icetime before he joins the team in Mtl...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

take both  an spend some money on a nother stanley cup run  ryan smyth brings speed an leadership  plus is a power forward would work we with lucic  an peverly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Never thought about Capt. canuck coming to Boston, but he will be good missing link. Ryan Smyth will love the chance for a run at the cup. Edm. and Bst. are known to be trade partners. He will be a valuable rental for the playoff run cause Smyth always shows up for the big gms. and will get important goals when needed. Start the negotiation with Kampfer plus 3rd rd pick and go from there.

There will be more d men on the block soon once the deadline nears and teams start fade out of the play-offs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

If willing to waive his no trade, Smyth would be a strong addition for his experience, production, and speed. Whitney on the other hand is too much of an injury risk with a big contract next season. Smyth replaces Horton now as a top 6 and takes Pouliot's place on the 3rd line when back from injury. Smyth, Kelly, and Pev cold be an excellent line in the playoffs? Nice move for a playoff push if a deal can be agreed upon?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Smyth does appear to be an obvious target who would fill the void if Horton's injury last more than a while. I would then hope to see Peverly rejoin Kelly and Caron on the 3rd line. I know, Caron is still feeling his way, but he is more reliable than Pouliot, and plays claude's system better than Pouliot. Loved Kreji's energy last night, and should earn him his spot with Looch and Pavs. Peverly also skated better, so his 'injury" may be almost corrected. The defense was still flaky, and it was not one of Timmy's best performances. he left too many rebounds out front, and overplayed a few times leaving himself way out of position. Perhaps the low shots against left him too much time to consider his next rabble rousing posting !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Its my thought Caron gets dealt. The more I see him the less impressed I am. He screams bottom six forward/ fringe player to me. Does a lot of things ok but nothing really stands out. Doesn't dominate for the PB's either. I know he is 21 but I just don't see the flash. By contrast a guy like J Eberle, same age and draft pick range, has shown consistent progress in the NHL and is on pace for 30 goals. Just saying if not traded this year, next year is put up or shut up for Caron. The fact that Pouliot takes his ice time and the B's may add another forward at the deadline is not a good sign.. Deal him now and get a good player for the cup run. With Knight and Spooner coming he is expendable!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

No Smith please...go get Getzlaf...poor year HUGE upside only 6 milion a year...If Horton is out, kiss your repeat goodbye

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nothing wrong with Ryan Smyth. He wears his heart on his sleave and gives er everytime. He's old school and you know what your getting. The media in Edmonton have mentioned that Smyth wants to finish his hockey as an Oiler, so if we got him, it would only be as a rental, because I believe he will resign a 1yr deal in July with Edmonton

Ray Whittney is at least a #4 D man, when he's healthy. He's had a bad season so far and there is a chance he could fall apart in the playoffs.

They would both come on the cheaper side though. I would love to see a Sam Gagner or Hemsky, but, they would want a ton of draft/players. Good luck PC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Stuke , KB34-Ray Whitney is a LW for the Coyotes and Ryan Whitney is Dman for the Oilers. I think you may have your Whitneys mixed up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Kelly and our 1st for Smyth and their 1st. Thoughts?

Lucic-Krejci-Smyth
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Paille-Peverly-Caron
    Pouliot-Campbell-Thornton

IF Horton returns, play him for Caron until he gets back into game conmditon and then switch him with Smyth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I love Whitney, but his ankles are made out of glass these days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tough for the Bruins getting any of these two. Seems like the price is very high and Bruins might not be able to match any offers. 
    Rangers might have interests in Smythe. Former Oiler boss might have the lead there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Sounds like Smythe has a lot of control over where he ends up. Why would object to Boston and choose Rangers over Bruins except for obvious recent slide. But he would get a lot of minutes with Horton being hurt so Boston would have to be more attractive than Rangers would you not think?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]Stuke , KB34-Ray Whitney is a LW for the Coyotes and Ryan Whitney is Dman for the Oilers. I think you may have your Whitneys mixed up.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]  ...You bet...thanks for the heads up.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Kelly and our 1st for Smyth and their 1st. Thoughts? Lucic-Krejci-Smyth Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Paille-Peverly-Caron Pouliot-Campbell-Thornton IF Horton returns, play him for Caron until he gets back into game conmditon and then switch him with Smyth.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

Edmonton is not trading away the first or second overall pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Smyth and Whitney : Edmonton is not trading away the first or second overall pick.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Red, it's strange to say but if the Oil doesn't turn it around soon they won't be able to keep and re-sign all of these top picks. Gagner and Barker are RFA after this year. Hall, Eberle and P.-Svensson the next. RNH the year after and the beat goes on. Seems like their window to win will be in the next couple of years so they better do something fast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

True,  but they're looking at getting either Nail Yakupov or Mikhail Grigorenko. They will have a toough time signing everyone, but why on earth would they trade away that pick? Both of these guys are being compared to Malkin an Ovechkin- you don't willingly pass up on a player like that, even if it will potentially cause cap issues down the line.

25. This post has been removed.