so basically campbell just got a penalty for

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

so basically campbell just got a penalty for

Subban being a puussy. No other way to put it. Subban doesn't have to drop the gloves there but I didn't see anything warranting a roughing call there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: so basically campbell just got a penalty for

I never saw a penalty there and I never saw why there was a penalty shot on the first goal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sorry.  No.  It's Campbell being an idiot.  It was a good hit.  You remember who this PK Subban guy is, and whale the beejesus out of him when you get the chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

How is Subban being a puuussy? Because he threw a clean hit and didnt feel like spending 5 minutes in the box for something that was 100% within thee rules

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

yea its a good hit, like i said i see no reason why pk has to fight, but also no reason for a penalty there. let the boys play

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Thank god for Milbury and Stock for letting all canada know about the reffing and LaPierre.  Complete joke how lapierre gets away with an elbow and Campbell gets a penalty for???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

If you want to throw hits like that, clean or not, you have to fight if someone takes offence. You play a certain a way, you are going to make people mad so be prepared to deal with those people. if you dont want to deal with them, dont play that way. it was a nice hit though, gotta give him that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

He "has to fight"? Why? He threw a perfectly legal hit, and his team ended up with what may as well have been a PP goal due to him NOT fighting.

Seems like PK played the whole thing perfectly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

These fools won't go after cook for his hit but will run after subban for a clean hit.

Maybe they went after him because he won't fight.

This is one soft team!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

This team does too often have less than lance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fine clean hit but why does only Campbell go in the box ?  Suban slew-foot and forearmed.  That's at least a roughing on him.  
    So Kenndy, it should not have been a PP. Let's call it correctly.

Now I'm calling out JWinsink.  So going after the guy worked out great , eh ?
    Get used to it in todays NHL they only see the player that tries something and will never even it out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Huh?
    In Response to Re: so basically campbell just got a penalty for:
    This team does too often have less than lance.
    Posted by 86redsox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Fine clean hit but why does only Campbell go in the box ?  Suban slew-foot and forearmed.  That's at least a roughing on him.   So Kenndy, it should not have been a PP. Let's call it correctly.
    Posted by BsLegion

No problem with that, but thinking "he should have fought" is absurd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: so basically campbell just got a penalty for : No problem with that, but thinking "he should have fought" is absurd.
    Posted by Kennedy97

correct.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

He should have got the penalty along with Campbell and with a phantom penalty shot goal its game over.  Thank you ^&%^&% refs again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

This loss is all on the B's...stupid and lazy sums it up!

When the caps beat them down it should be CJs last game.

Ryder blows!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

He should have got the penalty along with Campbell and with a phantom penalty shot goal its game over.  Thank you ^&%^&% refs again.
    Posted by mattbs

The Bruins had 3 power plays in the last 20 minutes. Montreal had none. Blaming the refs is a cop out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

If you want to throw hits like that, clean or not, you have to fight if someone takes offence. You play a certain a way, you are going to make people mad so be prepared to deal with those people. if you dont want to deal with them, dont play that way. it was a nice hit though, gotta give him that.
    Posted by TheMightyJulien

This is exactly true and also I saw subban through a little sucker punch when campbell came over to him.  I wish Colin Campbell reviewed the bruins games because those reffs would have got some attention.  Hopefully these last two games are not a showing of what is to come with the reffing.  Both extremely poorly reffed games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually the hit was clean, but, then Subban swung at Campbell's head before Campbell responded, so the refs blew another one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Actually the hit was clean, but, then Subban swung at Campbell's head before Campbell responded, so the refs blew another one.
    Posted by Bogie6

Yes true . I don't blame the refs , it's the NHL. Get used to it.  Montreal will blame the refs on another game on another night.  They are horrible, that's it!
    Suban ,  yes should have gotten 2mins for a slew-foot or roughing also,  end of story.
    Who I do blame is the Bruins for not coming prepared, if they know that is how a game is going to be called play accordingly for the love of Pete !  
    Choose your moments to get back at players with a hit or on the scoreboard.
    You see you cannot go out and play like the Big Bad Bruins anymore  the NHL removed that.  You go after a player and you pay the price in the penalty box.
    That was the difference maker . 
    So all of you saying the Bruins should all drop their gloves and go after this person and that person don't want your team to win. 
    I would love for the Bruins to go out and pummel a Lapierre but it ain't going to happen !!   You will loose and he will not drop his gloves. Thornton last night was dumb to drop them, does he not know better ?  He's lucky he didn't get a 2min for instigating.
    Two seasons ago a guy like Lapierre would have been taped to the boards. I hope Bruins in 2011 don't have a memory lost. 
    Pay back = win !

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

You cant play like the Big Bad Bruins anymore is pure BS.....How is Philly doing these days????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You cant play like the Big Bad Bruins anymore is pure BS.....How is Philly doing these days????
    Posted by saultont

I don't see them beating people up.A dirty ,hit and run style,maybe,but tough,I don't see that with Philly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: so basically campbell just got a penalty for : No problem with that, but thinking "he should have fought" is absurd.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Kennedy, I undertsand that Subban shouldn't have to fight for making a clean hit, just like Oshie shouldn't have to on the Krejci hit.  It was a great hit and they probably deserved the powerplay too.

But, I think the point with Subban is that he can't run away his whole career if he wants to be that kind of player.  Despite being extremely talented, he is a very young cocky player  who goes for big hits, showboats a bit, and runs his mouth a fair amount too.  All of that is fine, I'd love to have the kid on the Bruins, but you do have to back it up at some point.  That's just the way it is.

On the Bruins, Ference, Boychuk, and Stuart have all accepted fights this year after clean hits.  Maybe that is a shame, but to get respect in the league you've got to do it sometime.

Here's hoping Lapierre doesn't become a role model for the kid...

Sections
Shortcuts