So Bill Guerin finally retires!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So Bill Guerin finally retires!

I will now miss those threads that the Bruins should pickup Guerin.
    Some good memories of the guy as a Bruin over shadowed by some disappointment. 
    Could not finish on Theodore (and the blame went to Joe Thorton) and then leaving the Bruins for the Stars.
    Overall good career.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: So Bill Guerin finally retires!

"Guerin played for eight teams over his 18 NHL seasons with the Devils, Oilers, Bruins, Stars, Blues, Sharks, Islanders and Penguins, totaling 429 goals, 427 assists and 1,660 penalty minutes in 1,263 regular-season games. He also had 39 goals and 35 assists in 140 Stanley Cup Playoff games. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Devils in 1995."

Pretty impressive for the kid from Wilbraham!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

My thoughts too, Sandog.  If anyone is familiar with Wilbraham they can understand how far this guy came.  A small town that is well outside the Boston regional hotbed of hockey.  As someone who grew up playing hockey in western Mass, I can tell you that the competition and opportunities are a small fraction of what they are in the Boston area.

This guy came into the league young, took all comers as a fighter and checking line player, before establishing himself as legit top-six power forward and scorer.  He won a Stanley Cup, went to all-star games (won fastest skater in the NHL one year), and was always a good teammate.

Kudos to Guerin on a very impressive NHL career and representing Massachusetts/USA hockey with class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What surprised me the most was his speed and when he beat out all those swift Russians in the Allstar game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: So Bill Guerin finally retires!:
    [QUOTE]What surprised me the most was his speed and when he beat out all those swift Russians in the Allstar game.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  It was shocking.  They would kill him going straight ahead, but his power around those corners was unbelievable.  Never in my wildest dreams woudl I have guessed that he would win fastest skater...then we all saw it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

correct me if Im wrong, but didnt Billy play on the Pens when they won the cup?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

There slide of him hoistin the cup in a penguins uniform so I would say yes he won the cup with the pens

Sections
Shortcuts